• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Nothing like bumping 6,count 'em ..6,freakin' threads to the front page just to say thread closed. :screwy:

Who did that? (shrug)

I just click and edit the title to say my thread is closed so the thread DOES NOT get bumped and take away from other people's sales.

2c

Nothing like bumping 6,count 'em ..6,freakin' threads to the front page just to say thread closed. :screwy:

Who did that? (shrug)

I just click and edit the title to say my thread is closed so the thread DOES NOT get bumped and take away from other people's sales.

2c

You can't do that if the thread is older than 3 days.

It was still a move on dekeuk's part, though.

If it's been 3 days since the last sale, I'm assuming no one is buying, so I edit my last post to say "Thread Closed". Avoids confusion and doesn't bump it up.
:mad: you changed your sig just to fork with me huh?

Who did that? (shrug)

2c

Oh, I see..Mine are usually closed by then anyway.

He also has posted books here and had on other sites as well. (tsk)

Who did that? (shrug)

2c

Like when I called him out on trying sell his books here, and on comic link at the same time ?

Some sellers pizz me off. Has nothing to do with them personally. Just how they do business.

Who did that? (shrug)

2c

I think some of us are getting pretty close to putting him on the probation list by vote for pulling this stuff despite him being obviously a veteran at selling here...

Who did that? (shrug)

2c

I think some of us are getting pretty close to putting him on the probation list by vote for pulling this stuff despite him being obviously a veteran at selling here...

Whenever I see a sales thread of his I'm reminded of this one

I overgraded everything for eBay

Where he basically says he overgrades books by a full grade on eBay for his customers.

Where he basically says he overgrades books by a full grade on eBay for his customers.

Was this serious that someone stated they overgrade purposely and they are still selling on the board?

I would think we want someone like that to go back to being on eBay 100% if this is true (and I guess it is when someone states it in a sales thread).

Edited by Bosco685

Who did that? (shrug)

2c

I remembered that, once I saw him post that statement, I stopped looking at his threads. It's unfortunate, becuse he had some books I would have been interested in, but there are too many others to chose from.

I'm not sure you can do probation by vote, but perhaps you can hit the report button more often if someone is an obvious transgressor, or pm them, maybe they just don't get it? :shrug: some people really DO believe that rules are for other people.

Who did that? (shrug)

2c

I remembered that, once I saw him post that statement, I stopped looking at his threads. It's unfortunate, becuse he had some books I would have been interested in, but there are too many others to chose from.

I'm not sure you can do probation by vote, but perhaps you can hit the report button more often if someone is an obvious transgressor, or pm them, maybe they just don't get it? :shrug: some people really DO believe that rules are for other people.

Yeah same here...a lot of sellers just torpedo their own sales by pulling stunts like this.

There are about 5 - 10 sellers that I don't even click on anymore because of this. I think we're not alone, as I just did click on some of their recent stuff and not a lot is selling...whereas sellers that do play by the rules, are agreeable and basically have an online persona that doesn't just dwell exclusively in the Marketplace section do seem to make a lot more sales.

Who did that? (shrug)

2c

Yeah same here...a lot of sellers just torpedo their own sales by pulling stunts like this.

There are about 5 - 10 sellers that I don't even click on anymore because of this. I think we're not alone, as I just did click on some of their recent stuff and not a lot is selling...whereas sellers that do play by the rules, are agreeable and basically have an online persona that doesn't just dwell exclusively in the Marketplace section do seem to make a lot more sales.

Im flattered :acclaim:

That Ebay satement was the biggest turn off from a seller yet :boo:

Edited by The Resurrection

So CGC does not allow a group of senior board members to enforce at least a little forum guidelines when it comes to sales situations? I thought that was the case when someone didn't pay grinder recently and three or four members jumped on the member's sales thread to ensure he realized "Pay Now - Sell Later!"

Wouldn't it be the same if someone is overgrading their books and there is a history of complaints?