• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It did get downright nasty fast. But at least someone like Trey who went through this a few months ago tried to help and provide logical advice.

The problem is at that point, it was like walking into the middle of Fight Club and asking if we could get a group hug.

Andy’s post makes me feel like a mean-spirited curmudgeon, and I didn’t post in that thread, but jeez, come on! That was a seriously addled sales thread.

Who is going to drop $1700 on anything sight unseen from someone they don’t know? And the premise of ASM 129 thread was almost as goofy.

Andy’s post makes me feel like a mean-spirited curmudgeon, and I didn’t post in that thread, but jeez, come on! That was a seriously addled sales thread.

Who is going to drop $1700 on anything sight unseen from someone they don’t know? And the premise of ASM 129 thread was almost as goofy.

I didn't think anyone would buy his books, but that's not really my point. It's how he was treated. Was/is he a scammer? Possibly, I suppose. Could be legit, I really don't know. He may be unknown to many of us, but I don't think he was asked for any references. People just all around him until he had no choice but to step in it.

Andy always makes me feel mean-spirited, but it is because he is genuinely one of the kindest people on the Boards. I'll still tell him to eat me when he deserves it, though.

Even though pc1009 got on, he brought it upon himself. His posts were like the first assignment of an English as a twelfth language class, he was all over the road, and he didn't have any pictures or scans for a long time. And he had a Roy PM thread telling him how special and valued he was.

The Boardies could have been much better about it, but it smacks of sticking your hand in a wasp's nest and complaining that you got stung.

Andys post makes me feel like a mean-spirited curmudgeon, and I didnt post in that thread, but jeez, come on! That was a seriously addled sales thread.

Who is going to drop $1700 on anything sight unseen from someone they dont know? And the premise of ASM 129 thread was almost as goofy.

I didn't think anyone would buy his books, but that's not really my point. It's how he was treated. Was/is he a scammer? Possibly, I suppose. Could be legit, I really don't know. He may be unknown to many of us, but I don't think he was asked for any references. People just all around him until he had no choice but to step in it.

I woke up early this morning to that thread and noticed it jumped an incredible amout, page-wise. I read each and every post (:blush:) and after a while I did sense he/she was a scammer and got what was coming--and maybe he/she was even enjoying it :shrug:...BUT it could've been legit since I'm not all-knowing (my wife reminds me of this daily :smirk:).

First off I want to apologize to everyone on the boards for my behavior last night,but needless to say pc1009s posts were deceiving from his first post.the whole thing could have been avoided if he had been up front with his posts instead of sounding like a con artist.Regardless I probably should not have pounced on him the way I did,hence my public apology. :sorry:(with my tail between my legs)

yeah i'll also issue a public appology

i honestly think he was enjoying it , and we just kept giving him what he wanted

but i really should have refrained from having an all out slap fight with him

:sorry:

First off I want to apologize to everyone on the boards for my behavior last night,but needless to say pc1009s posts were deceiving from his first post.the whole thing could have been avoided if he had been up front with his posts instead of sounding like a con artist.Regardless I probably should not have pounced on him the way I did,hence my public apology. :sorry:(with my tail between my legs)

I don't think he was a scammer, as he sent me such a nice PM.

We are pleased to inform you of the release, of the recent results of the FREELOTTO INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION PROGRAM held on 21 March, 2010 You were entered as dependent clients with: Reference Serial Number: F2-003-036 and Batch number FR/45-300-06. Your email address attached to the ticket number: 54-20-17-52-34-30 that drew the lucky winning number, which consequently won the Daily Jackpot in the first category, in four parts. You have been approved for a payment of $1,000,000.00 (One Million United State Dollars) in cash credited to file reference number: TFR/9900034943/JPT. Congratulations!!!

I hope he doesn't get suspended. I'm still waiting on a response back to my PM.

:wishluck:

I don't think he was a scammer, as he sent me such a nice PM.

We are pleased to inform you of the release, of the recent results of the FREELOTTO INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION PROGRAM held on 21 March, 2010 You were entered as dependent clients with: Reference Serial Number: F2-003-036 and Batch number FR/45-300-06. Your email address attached to the ticket number: 54-20-17-52-34-30 that drew the lucky winning number, which consequently won the Daily Jackpot in the first category, in four parts. You have been approved for a payment of $1,000,000.00 (One Million United State Dollars) in cash credited to file reference number: TFR/9900034943/JPT. Congratulations!!!

I hope he doesn't get suspended. I'm still waiting on a response back to my PM.

:wishluck:

(thumbs u You could buy alot of books with kind of scratch :applause:

Speaking of newbs, I've got one that wants to back out of several :takeit: 's he posted in my sales thread because he 'doesn't want to get ripped off'.

spock.gif

Sigh. 30 day countdown begins today.

:taptaptap:

:o

Speaking of newbs, I've got one that wants to back out of several :takeit: 's he posted in my sales thread because he 'doesn't want to get ripped off'.

spock.gif

Yeah, well...we know it's not you because you're not even paying for your stuff.

;)

spock.gif

Yeah, well...we know it's not you because you're not even paying for your stuff.

;)

Yeah, but I'm still concerned.

:jokealert:

Speaking of newbs, I've got one that wants to back out of several :takeit: 's he posted in my sales thread because he "doesn't want to get ripped off".

spock.gif

Out the person in the Probation Discussion Thread, so other people can avoid dealing with him till:

a) he gets added to the probation list

or

b) he resolves the matter with you

Speaking of newbs, I've got one that wants to back out of several :takeit: 's he posted in my sales thread because he "doesn't want to get ripped off".

spock.gif

Out the person in the Probation Discussion Thread, so other people can avoid dealing with him till:

or

Oh is that how it works? I thought we were supposed to give them 30 days to make good before naming names?

spock.gif

or

Oh is that how it works? I thought we were supposed to give them 30 days to make good before naming names?

Not if he's already bailed...the 30-day thing is more of a "courtesy" waiting period for folks that claim the check's in the mail, I'll get it out next week, you should have received it by now, etc.,. :frustrated:

spock.gif

or

Not if he's already bailed...the 30-day thing is more of a "courtesy" waiting period for folks that claim the check's in the mail, I'll get it out next week, you should have received it by now, etc.,. :frustrated:

Gotcha, makes total sense. I'm lucky I haven't had to deal with this before in my three years here.

He hasn't yet read my reply telling him of the ramifications of bailing. Once he does and if he's still bailing, I'll note it in the discussion thread. Hopefully he'll turn it around :wishluck:

Thx folks!

spock.gif

or

You can't add them to the probation list until 30 days have passed - but naming names in the probation discussion thread has proven to get things resolved previously.