• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So what do you do when someone posts a book for sale that's both pathetically overgraded and overpriced? hm

Do you just let the market take care of itself? hm hm

Or do you post a "Great book / nice price" comment in their thread? doh!

Seriously, whose fault is it that they severely overpaid for the book in the first place? :o

And should the forum be a clearinghouse for krappy purchases? Who protects the little guy? :eek:

Inquiring minds want to know . . . ;)

I've overpaid on a few things in the past and resold it at a loss. Live and learn. (shrug)

If a book gets priced too low, there's not hesitation to snatch it up right away, say "wow what a great price" and move along. Same story when something is over priced or over-graded - the market place will be quiet. I see some sellers who repeatedly over price their books and I just stay away. There's a couple of big slab sellers that just believe that their wares are too superior to meet market pricing.

I also don't think it's productive to dump all over a sales thread and embarrass the seller for his/her mistake - sometimes it's intentional, other times it's not. I don't think I grade as well as others do and I appreciate PMs that help me in the future.

I am collector only. my grading skills are not as good as most, so when I buy raw books I tend to rely on the grading skills of the seller. As a buyer I appreciate a heads up on who grades well and who does not.

I avoid some problems by sticking to slabs, but sometimes it is nice to hold a raw comic (without having to crack a slab to do it).

If a book gets priced too low, there's not hesitation to snatch it up right away, say "wow what a great price" and move along. Same story when something is over priced or over-graded - the market place will be quiet. I see some sellers who repeatedly over price their books and I just stay away. There's a couple of big slab sellers that just believe that their wares are too superior to meet market pricing.

I also don't think it's productive to dump all over a sales thread and embarrass the seller for his/her mistake - sometimes it's intentional, other times it's not. I don't think I grade as well as others do and I appreciate PMs that help me in the future.

I am collector only. my grading skills are not as good as most, so when I buy raw books I tend to rely on the grading skills of the seller. As a buyer I appreciate a heads up on who grades well and who does not.

I avoid some problems by sticking to slabs, but sometimes it is nice to hold a raw comic (without having to crack a slab to do it).

You see jazzy, these are the guys the community needs to protect - sort've keep an eye out for . . . :)

We don't disagree on any of this. :)

:P

David, your post is ridiculous!! And I'm embarassed for you.

Ebony and Ivory IS a great song. Sure a second verse would be nice but..

Uhh...what? Sorry? What were you guys talking about?

Oh.

Never mind.

:sorry:

Was the Wanted to Buy forum always on top of the regular Marketplace, or am I going a bit insane?

I keep clicking on the WTB forum, thinking I'm going to the real Marketplace, like it's a habit or something.

They wanted to confuse us all.

No, I think some :censored: ape-faced loser whined to Arch that "the WTB forum is dead because it's hidden under the Marketplace" or some such BS.

Otherwise, the WTB ghetto should have been moved to the BOTTOM, where it belongs.

No, I think some :censored: ape-faced loser whined to Arch that "the WTB forum is dead because it's hidden under the Marketplace" or some such BS.

Otherwise, the WTB ghetto should have been moved to the BOTTOM, where it belongs.

What's wrong with the WTB?

What's wrong with the WTB?

It's been moved to the SAME PLACE/POSITION as the Forum-Only Marketplace used to hold, and for that that "click from memory", it means a lot of :censored::censored::censored: trips to that POS WTB forum.

What's next, is CGC going to code their website so that I'll have to right-click the URLs?

Nah, I don't see any books or prices, just continuous WTB threads. :frustrated:

This really sucks, as I mouse by memory at my fave forums, and I see absolutely no reason for this :censored: - it's like CGC is running a "let's pizz off the users" experiment.

Nah, I don't see any books or prices, just continuous WTB threads. :frustrated:

This really sucks, as I mouse by memory at my fave forums, and I see absolutely no reason for this :censored: - it's like CGC is running a "let's pizz off the users" experiment.

Man, you are really unhappy! Here: :foryou:

Without making a sale thread no one will buy from I would like to know if there is any interest in buying a very small grouping of WWT and 4 other dc westerns as a lot. Generally these don't go well for me so I figured I would ask before I scan, price the lot, and take up front page real estate. It would be up later tonight.