• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

I still say the user guideline changes are up to the mods and enforced by mods.

If the community wants to punish a seller of 3rd party graded books it should get added to POV's PL/HOS rules.

ie- the community here, in support of the hosts, has voted that any member who is given a strike by the mods (for selling non CGC/ non raw books) will also be placed on the probation list for 2 months

Do it 3 times - HOS (shrug) This puts it all back to "telling the party to take the book down" & "hitting the button" (today's situation).

The only non-strike option should be any buyer who receives a book that doesn't conform to rule #1 of user guidelines can nominate seller to temp PL - just a scan in the PL discussion thread with a link to sale. That option just makes selling a non-CGC too risky for sellers which should help discourage sales.

sample: 5) Probation List versus Hall Of Shame

a) The Probation List is for transactions that have not been fulfilled as promised. The community will also place members on probation who sell 3rd party graded books contrary to CGC's marketplace guidelines - non-sales nominations for this are supplemental to a mod issued strike.

What about when the buyer decides to keep the book, the buyer then removes it from the case... and then in a turn of events (due to second thoughts, anger, etc) decides to pursue this course of action?

Recent events have shown just a scenario. Is the buyer of said product to put on the list also? Is willfully accepting a other company's product here just as bad as selling it? Police arrest the drug buyers as well as the dealers don't they? Can we take their kids too?

Just saying... slippery slope.

The SELLER pushed the issue. Not only sold a PGX book but then wanted positive feedback after he expressly stated it was NOT a PGX slab. There was no anger, second thoughts, mob mentality. I realised at that time he just wasn't getting it. Fairly certain he gets it now.

As far as a slippery slope goes I have no problem being on the probation list, none. As long as you add me you need to go after every less than perfect transaction and have them slide down the same slope. This way when your turn comes we will all be there to greet you.

Joey this wasn't directed at you as a dis... just a simple notation stating where does it all end?

Honestly no one knows for sure if Trey's slab was in a PGX case or not... only you know this. And if said book isn't in a slab now (ie the way you supposedly received it) ... then that book is RAW and in truth you have no beef with Trey since all you have is a raw book to show what you received. Truthfully the only thing that I can see that the SELLER in your situation pushed... was asking for positive feedback from a "transacton" that was sucessfully enacted.

Plus it still hasn't been shown if Trey was put on the probation list for selling a PGX book or not. Only reason stated was "Moderation Violations"... not "rule violation". Moderation violations could mean a slew of things at the time of the issue... ranging from Trey's kamikaze posting PM's to his vibrant, erratic behavior. So all those that keep saying he has been put on that list because of this very issue, needs to go look at the reason stated.

Again this isn't about your issue, its about preventing further madness concerning this entire issue.

The NOTIFY MOD button is in place for this very reason if someone feels the need to use it.

Oh and trust me sir, the mob has been there to greet me... and we all saw how that worked out.

And Bozzcoe... its spelled "Kwanzaa". :)

I know for sure. After 6 years here and thousands of successful transaction my word should be enough. Some still need to stir the pot.

If the community wants to punish a seller of 3rd party graded books it should get added to POV's PL/HOS rules.

ie- the community here, in support of the hosts, has voted that any member who is given a strike by the mods (for selling non CGC/ non raw books) will also be placed on the probation list for 2 months

Do it 3 times - HOS (shrug) This puts it all back to "telling the party to take the book down" & "hitting the button" (today's situation).

The only non-strike option should be any buyer who receives a book that doesn't conform to rule #1 of user guidelines can nominate seller to temp PL - just a scan in the PL discussion thread with a link to sale. That option just makes selling a non-CGC too risky for sellers which should help discourage sales.

a) The Probation List is for transactions that have not been fulfilled as promised. The community will also place members on probation who sell 3rd party graded books contrary to CGC's marketplace guidelines - non-sales nominations for this are supplemental to a mod issued strike.

What about when the buyer decides to keep the book, the buyer then removes it from the case... and then in a turn of events (due to second thoughts, anger, etc) decides to pursue this course of action?

Recent events have shown just a scenario. Is the buyer of said product to put on the list also? Is willfully accepting a other company's product here just as bad as selling it? Police arrest the drug buyers as well as the dealers don't they? Can we take their kids too?

I agree with you about who should be enforcing this rule today - skypink asked for rewrite suggestions so rather than rewriting the moderators guidelines like Bosco was doing, I took a stab at the PL list rules (which is where it should be if the community wants to enforce it)

I simply feel that if the "community" wants to discourage the sales of another company's graded books - putting this "post sale" rule in place puts that seller in a situation where they take a great risk if they choose to skirt the mod rules.

In the amendment I added for rule 5a) the buyer can be happy and still nominate, they can return it and still nominate - the intent of that rule is put the additional risk of PL nomination on a seller who offers books that shouldn't be offered here.

I agree with you about who should be enforcing this rule today - skypink asked for rewrite suggestions so rather than rewriting the moderators guidelines like Bosco was doing, I took a stab at the PL list rules (which is where it should be if the community wants to enforce it)

I hear what you are saying, but either approach is going after the same thing. I started with the moderator guidelines because that is where folks go right at the top of these threads to read what it takes to sell on this forum, with a headline that is meant to catch their attention.

USAGE GUIDELINES - Read BEFORE posting

Then that cuts out the hunting around to figure out quickly what the community expectations are around here.

The SELLER pushed the issue. Not only sold a PGX book but then wanted positive feedback after he expressly stated it was NOT a PGX slab. There was no anger, second thoughts, mob mentality. I realised at that time he just wasn't getting it. Fairly certain he gets it now.

As far as a slippery slope goes I have no problem being on the probation list, none. As long as you add me you need to go after every less than perfect transaction and have them slide down the same slope. This way when your turn comes we will all be there to greet you.

Joey this wasn't directed at you as a dis... just a simple notation stating where does it all end?

Honestly no one knows for sure if Trey's slab was in a PGX case or not... only you know this. And if said book isn't in a slab now (ie the way you supposedly received it) ... then that book is RAW and in truth you have no beef with Trey since all you have is a raw book to show what you received. Truthfully the only thing that I can see that the SELLER in your situation pushed... was asking for positive feedback from a "transacton" that was sucessfully enacted.

Plus it still hasn't been shown if Trey was put on the probation list for selling a PGX book or not. Only reason stated was "Moderation Violations"... not "rule violation". Moderation violations could mean a slew of things at the time of the issue... ranging from Trey's kamikaze posting PM's to his vibrant, erratic behavior. So all those that keep saying he has been put on that list because of this very issue, needs to go look at the reason stated.

Again this isn't about your issue, its about preventing further madness concerning this entire issue.

The NOTIFY MOD button is in place for this very reason if someone feels the need to use it.

Oh and trust me sir, the mob has been there to greet me... and we all saw how that worked out.

I know for sure. After 6 years here and thousands of successful transaction my word should be enough. Some still need to stir the pot.

Then instead of removing the item from its case, you should have returned the item for a full refund which you were offered if memory serves.

Joey, again, not directed at you... but the situation.

It won't be long before perhaps those who purchase PGX books at lower prices just to press them and slab them in CGC cases... to sell them at higher prices... could be deemed unfit and dishonest.

Do you want this to happen as well?

No one questioning your word either. I've been here two years and had a few thousand successful transactions as well between here, the 'bay and a storefront business. My opinion (because everyone has one) is just as valid.

No one is questioning your integrity sir.

It won't be long before perhaps those who purchase PGX books at lower prices just to press them and slab them in CGC cases... to sell them at higher prices... could be deemed unfit and dishonest.

Too many threads in Comics General on this topic for it to go away. Though let's be honest. There are plenty of threads where it went the other way, and opening a PGX case made many feel like they should have left it alone.

:P

:ohnoez:

Too many threads in Comics General on this topic for it to go away. Though let's be honest. There are plenty of threads where it went the other way, and opening a PGX case made many feel like they should have left it alone.

:P

:ohnoez:

You are correct Boscoe... but the fact remains that those old PGX slabs weren't busted open in the deliberate hopes of getting "lower" grades and lowering potiental revenue from said busting.

Then instead of removing the item from its case, you should have returned the item for a full refund which you were offered if memory serves.

No one questioning your word either. I've been here two years and had a few thousand successful transactions as well between here, the 'bay and a storefront business. My opinion (because everyone has one) is just as valid.

If you think this is not already happening (PGX To CGC) on a regular basis? I get tons of PGX slabs. No one questions their honesty. Maybe more questions need to be asked when purchasing books, both raw and stabbed.

If you think this is not already happening (PGX To CGC) on a regular basis? I get tons of PGX slabs. No one questions their honesty. Maybe more questions need to be asked when purchasing books, both raw and stabbed.

I know its happening Joey. I'm just saying you probably don't want a future rule to surface stating you can't do that. Or declaring you to be dishonest for doing so.

I personally don't want that to happen either.

I'm not sure why you are so focused on post counts. That really has nothing to do with it. You've got LOTs of posts;) :baiting:

It's just asking that the PRESENT rule be modified. If you are going to show a book in a case, you need to show the label. If you want to pursue not posting books before you get them from CGC, it's a separate issue. That is not the issue here.

If you are upset about people who start threads and don't post books or pictures, at all, that's another issue.

Feel free to address those separately, but it's just not part of this one.

Personally I just don't buy from those threads.

Not selling PGX books on this board, ESPECIALLY after we have been asked not to, is a no brainer, just trying to clarify the rule for those who are from another dimension and to prevent further problems.

Again, if you disagree with the poll, feel free to rewrite it in a way that you think will work better.I won't be insulted. :foryou:

Otherwise...I agree, it might be inconvenient for some, but take it up with Trey Cannon, Phil, and the people who make the modification necessary.

+1

There's really no reason to make this more complicated than it is ... it seems like some people are having a hard time understanding that "CGC and raw books only" doesn't mean "CGC, PGX and raw books only", so requiring them to show a scan of the label of any book they have in hand makes perfect sense.

I know its happening Joey. I'm just saying you probably don't want a future rule to surface stating you can't do that. Or declaring you to be dishonest for doing so.

I personally don't want that to happen either.

WTF are you even talking about? A rule saying joe cant do what exactly? Made by who?