• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

BTW in case you missed it...this is one of the books that were for sale.

SDC10914.jpg

Now I am no carnival employee, but that looks like a PGX graded book to me.

That's the biggest milk carton I've EVER seen!

SDC10914.jpg

well, if that's what he posted in his sales thread I stand corrected. That certainly looks like a PGX graded book to me.

Well to be honest it is not what he posted. He cropped all the sides of the picture to hide the label and the bottom posts of slab.

Who are the five nitwits that have voted, "no"?
:hi:

You were all five nitwits?

So, what's wrong with having to have the full label displayed if you are selling graded books in the CGC Selling Forum?

Because if you're a seller who is beyond reproach and posts plenty of CGC-encapsulated comics for sale with the entirety of the book but not of the label visible by scan, the rule has no benefit and pointlessly serves to increase the sellers' work.

Trying to circumvent a rule does not a dishonest man make. Sneaky? Yes. Slightly underhanded? Yes.

I've got no dog in this hunt, but simply selling the books with the labels hidden (while clearly against the rules), makes him a rule-breaker, but not a dishonest man, in and of its ownself.

Being honest is not hiding a PGX book for sale. Being dishonest is deliberately covering it up. I'm not trying to say that there aren't levels of dishonesty but deliberately hiding facts after having been caught doing it before is certainly a level of dishonesty.

To be fair, it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't a repeat offender but any excuses of ignorance or "not thinking it was a big deal" are well past used. I've never had any contact with VTcomics before so have no personal agenda but if he wants to use the selling forum then he shouldn't be spitting at the rules.

SDC10914.jpg

well, if that's what he posted in his sales thread I stand corrected. That certainly looks like a PGX graded book to me.

Well to be honest it is not what he posted. He cropped all the sides of the picture to hide the label and the bottom posts of slab.

hmmm.. so let me get this straight.

He engaged in a sales thread in which the rules state no PGX books are to be offered.

He posted a picture of the book in which he cropped all the sides of the picture to (presumably) hide the label and the bottom posts of slab.

He never mentioned that the book was PGX graded.

I'm pretty sure I know what the reality was here, and I might characterize what he did as foolish, but it's way out of bounds to call him dishonest. Especially when the circumstances give him plausible denial. For all you know he has deslabbed the books and the buyer would have received them in mylar (that's what I would have done if I had a PGX book I wanted to sell). He may have been too lazy to rescan the deslabbed book and just decided to crop the scan he had. I don't think this is the case, and I think he miscalculated his whole approach here (personally, if he thought someone would figure the book was PGX slabbed and ascribe better value, he's wrong). My point here and the one I made in CG (where you gleefully joined the circle jerk), is that I don't think he was necesarrily violating the rule the way he was selling, and the rules need to be little more specific and clarify how one needs to offer books to eliminate any ambiguity as to whether they are offering a PGX book.

Edited by whomerjay

Trying to circumvent a rule does not a dishonest man make. Sneaky? Yes. Slightly underhanded? Yes.

I've got no dog in this hunt, but simply selling the books with the labels hidden (while clearly against the rules), makes him a rule-breaker, but not a dishonest man, in and of its ownself.

Being honest is not hiding a PGX book for sale. Being dishonest is deliberately covering it up. I'm not trying to say that there aren't levels of dishonesty but deliberately hiding facts after having been caught doing it before is certainly a level of dishonesty.

To be fair, it wouldn't be so bad if he wasn't a repeat offender but any excuses of ignorance or "not thinking it was a big deal" are well past used. I've never had any contact with VTcomics before so have no personal agenda but if he wants to use the selling forum then he shouldn't be spitting at the rules.

With your qualification, I can largely agree with this.

So, what's wrong with having to have the full label displayed if you are selling graded books in the CGC Selling Forum?

Because if you're a seller who is beyond reproach and posts plenty of CGC-encapsulated comics for sale with the entirety of the book but not of the label visible by scan, the rule has no benefit and pointlessly serves to increase the sellers' work.

Of course, I should have thought better. Scanning the label when you scan a graded book requires so much extra time that selling would become a herculean task and therefor no longer worth the time or the effort. :eyeroll:

Creative Voting?

That's the Chicago Way!

It was hard to follow your last post without the "bold" type MF... but I got the most of it.

What do you mean?

And yes it is worse to me to "call someone on dishonest behavior" when you are only stating your version of dishonest.

So true.

Call him on breaking a "board rule"... if he did in fact break one.

That's right.

His actions... no matter what they were... should be handled by the Mods... you or I... or anyone really... have no bearing and no say in the matter in terms of punishment / or the brandishing the aspect of punishment.

Well, this depends.

And I knew you would take that second candy bar too :)

I responded in bold as well.

hm Interesting aside:

The conflagration that's been kindled on this Christmas Eve Eve was sparked in the RMA vacuum that is today's CGC forum. hm

Of course, I should have thought better. Scanning the label when you scan a graded book requires so much extra time that selling would become a herculean task and therefor no longer worth the time or the effort. :eyeroll:

Got anything other than sarcasm?

Doubles the number of scans if you don't have a scanner compatible with the entire slab. I think the sales rates for someone like Foolkiller make it clear that a seller of high integrity shouldn't be forced to show labels.

hm Interesting aside:

The conflagration that's been kindled on this Christmas Eve Eve was sparked in the RMA vacuum that is today's CGC forum. hm

Do you think bringing him back will distract from other noise?

hm

You, Sir, are a genius!

(worship)

Got anything other than sarcasm?

Namisgr....Watson.

Watson...Namisgr.

Well at least now we've got the meet and greet out of the way. lol

hm Interesting aside:

I fail to see the relevance of RMA to anything? (shrug)

We're surely allowed to discuss selling guideline violations in his absence? (shrug)(shrug)

hm Interesting aside:

We're surely allowed to discuss selling guideline violations in his absence? (shrug)(shrug)

He was kidding.

Happy Holidays, and have one on me.

beerPA_243x277.jpg

:foryou:

hm Interesting aside:

I still think RMA would argue with a closed door as to why it should be open :grin:

hm Interesting aside:

I still think RMA would argue with a closed door as to why it should be open :grin:

Ewwwwww. A good thread topic.

hm Interesting aside:

Ewwwwww. A good thread topic.

You have my total support sir... start that sucker up :headbang:

hm Interesting aside:

Some would say that fights, jabs, jeers, insults, and bickering can't happen without his goading.

It was just interesting to see that we have several capable combatants and not just one.