• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Ive read everything.

Who would make a rule saying joe cant accept, flip or do whatever he wants to a pgx book?

Green... go read the book called "1984".

Come back in the two years its going to take you to read it... then understand it... and we will discuss it then. doh!

Ive read everything.

Who would make a rule saying joe cant accept, flip or do whatever he wants to a pgx book?

What Rupp is trying to say is that with the disdain for PGX slabbed books there is the potential for escalating opinion against any comic which has ever been encased in a PGX slab. At some point there is the possibility that any book that has ever been PGX graded should be disclosed and that cracking and reholdering in a CGC slab should be disclosed or otherwise considered dishonest. At the least, the additional rules are heading in that direction.

Ive read everything.

What Rupp is trying to say is that with the disdain for PGX slabbed books there is the potential for escalating opinion against any comic which has ever been encased in a PGX slab. At some point there is the possibility that any book that has ever been PGX graded should be disclosed and that cracking and reholdering in a CGC slab should be disclosed or otherwise considered dishonest. At the least, the additional rules are heading in that direction.

Which additional rules? It has been against the rules to sell PGX books on this site for a very long time now - Sharon's requested addition doesn't change this, it merely makes it harder for someone to circumvent this rule :shrug:

Which additional rules? It has been against the rules to sell PGX books on this site for a very long time now - Sharon's requested addition doesn't change this, it merely makes it harder for someone to circumvent this rule :shrug:

If Sharon is requesting an additional rule , well, that would be an additional rule :idea:

If Sharon is requesting an additional rule , well, that would be an additional rule :idea:

He means which additional rules are heading in the direction you have implied.

In addition, the requested additional rule doesn't specify PGX. It is asking for additional scans of any label of any slabbed book posted in the for sale section.

In addition, the requested additional rule doesn't specify PGX. It is asking for additional scans of any label of any slabbed book posted in the for sale section.

This is going to get complicated if there are any additions in addition to the additional rule.

Ive read everything.

Perhaps because of my own opinions i dont hear 'disdain for pgx slabbed books', but i hear 'disdain for pgx slabbed books being sold on this forum'

They are fair game everywhere else. Its a respect issue to me. Rich, if i was at your house, and you asked me specifically not to do something, i would not continue to do it. Even if i could still do it without you knowing.

Well, that would work in case a new company started up, right?

I'm lost, I don't understand how asking that labels be shown is going to take us down the road to hell...

Then again, it never occurred to me NOT to show labels, so I guess I'm behind the times.

I'm lost, I don't understand how asking that labels be shown is going to take us down the road to hell...

Then again, it never occurred to me NOT to show labels, so I guess I'm behind the times.

I think more than over your rule, the argument is 'More rules' Vs 'Less rules'.

That's what I don't get either ...

You're asking that the rules be amended so that if you are selling a slabbed book (which you have in hand), you will have to provide a scan of the label.

This does nothing to affect the sale of de-slabbed PGX books, nor will it in any way serve to further stigmatize PGX books and the people who sell/buy them - all it does is make it a lot harder to circumvent the "CGC and raw books only" rule that's already in effect.

Ive read everything.

Perhaps because of my own opinions i dont hear 'disdain for pgx slabbed books', but i hear 'disdain for pgx slabbed books being sold on this forum'

They are fair game everywhere else. Its a respect issue to me. Rich, if i was at your house, and you asked me specifically not to do something, i would not continue to do it. Even if i could still do it without you knowing.

I have no problem with the issue of not selling PGX graded books here. None at all. That is a given.

But I do have a concern with the overall sentiment that a PGX slab now defines the book.

What happened to "buy the book, not the label"?

I'm just glad that Bedrock gets it... buy the book, not the label. Especially if there's no label shown, advertised or supported.

This picture of you will live on regardless :grin:

1984-1.jpg

That's what I don't get either ...

You're asking that the rules be amended so that if you are selling a slabbed book (which you have in hand), you will have to provide a scan of the label.

This does nothing to affect the sale of de-slabbed PGX books, nor will it in any way serve to further stigmatize PGX books and the people who sell/buy them - all it does is make it a lot harder to circumvent the "CGC and raw books only" rule that's already in effect.

Again, if those are the rules you guys wish to impose, go for it. But you will have to impose a bunch more rules if you wish to make it impossible to circumvent the existing rules. But eventually you could make it impossible to circumvent the rules by making it impossible to sell anything.

I'm just glad that Bedrock gets it... buy the book, not the label. Especially if there's no label shown, advertised or supported.

This picture of you will live on regardless :grin:

1984-1.jpg

5.0 - vgf (thumbs u

If that is true, then why not sell it raw?

No one has to know it was previously PGX, XYC, CCG, QUV, or QED.

The book doesn't have a tatoo or are you trying to equate this with pressing?

Cause if you ARE, you are barking up the wrong tree, buddy, I gave up pressing threads for.

Festivus! :rulez:

Seriously the rule is there. It's the same rule, just additional language to help those few people who have other agendas, understand.

Ive read everything.

I have no problem with the issue of not selling PGX graded books here. None at all. That is a given.

But I do have a concern with the overall sentiment that a PGX slab now defines the book.

But it is a PGX graded book even if the label is cropped and sold with your grade. What you present it as does not change what it actually is.