• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Trying to make it a rule that sellers can't use a specific postal service :screwy:

even if it's against the PO's rules?

I am not sure how this differs from paypal rule to this one?

For years, it was up to the individual post masters to decide if comics were allowable under media mail. I think they are officially trying to close that loop hole now.

Since it is in B&W that comics are not allowable under media mail, who is held responsible if that package isn't forwarded or is with postage due? Is it the fault of the seller or buyer?

With the influx of transient sellers we are getting on these boards, I would hate to see someone get burned over shipping.

It's not a stretch to ask this rule be added.

I've received packages sent via Media Mail and the post office caught them. Just this year, someone sold me 8 raw books, charged me $5 for shipping, and the total cost was $11.50 combined. The package arrived with $11 due for additional postage because (1) the seller used Priority shipping box tops to protect the books, (2) the inspection note was included clarifying comics are not allow, so (3) the USPS charged Priority Mail instead of Parcel Post because of Item (1).

Better to nip this in the bud now. Otherwise, you deal with any escalations later when a seller feels they shouldn't have to cover the additional expense.

For years I've been shipping everything Express Mail, using Priority boxes as packing material inside, and praying they rip open the box and change the fee to Priority and give me a refund.

Trying to make it a rule that sellers can't use a specific postal service :screwy:

For years, it was up to the individual post masters to decide if comics were allowable under media mail. I think they are officially trying to close that loop hole now.

Since it is in B&W that comics are not allowable under media mail, who is held responsible if that package isn't forwarded or is with postage due? Is it the fault of the seller or buyer?

With the influx of transient sellers we are getting on these boards, I would hate to see someone get burned over shipping.

I've received packages sent via Media Mail and the post office caught them. Just this year, someone sold me 8 raw books, charged me $5 for shipping, and the total cost was $11.50 combined. The package arrived with $11 due for additional postage because (1) the seller used Priority shipping box tops to protect the books, (2) the inspection note was included clarifying comics are not allow, so (3) the USPS charged Priority Mail instead of Parcel Post because of Item (1).

Better to nip this in the bud now. Otherwise, you deal with any escalations later when a seller feels they shouldn't have to cover the additional expense.

For years I've been shipping everything Express Mail, using Priority boxes as packing material inside, and praying they rip open the box and change the fee to Priority and give me a refund.

Wonder if they would charge you for both? hm

Wonder if they would charge you for both? hm

With as much money as their losing, probably.

Upgrades are allowed I've been told. If you want to upgrade to express and your priority box fits into the express box that's fine.

Raw and Encapsulated comic books
I could see a case being made for raws but not graded books. The only way to access the ads is to crack the case.

So you're saying the back of a CGC slab is opaque?

cgcbackcvr_zps639bfb74.jpg

Invalid advertising... don't think anything is at this location now.

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Illinois/Chicago/sold/1000048710-417-S-Dearborn-St-Chicago-IL-60605

The current status of the ad is irrelevant. The PO simply says "no advertising". Beyond that they also specify "comic books" as not qualifying for MM.

If you take the "invalid advertising" approach, the only way to verify that would be for a PO employee to verify the status of every ad in the book. To quote Elastigirl: "I don't think so...I don't think so."

I have a REAL problem with the PO stating that we can't use "used" boxes as packing material. Do the really want more landfills of unused cardboard material when it can be used till it falls apart?

Cardboard is LANDFILL? No recycling in Tennessee?

http://cardboardrecyclingin.com/tennessee/tennessee.html

If you take the "invalid advertising" approach, the only way to verify that would be for a PO employee to verify the status of every ad in the book. To quote Elastigirl: "I don't think so...I don't think so."

lol

Sorry. But anyone able to work in an Elastigirl quote - and make it work - is pure genius!

(worship)

I have a REAL problem with the PO stating that we can't use "used" boxes as packing material. Do the really want more landfills of unused cardboard material when it can be used till it falls apart?

Hillbillies only recycle toilet paper sir ;)

Im not going to trust a USPS employee to interpret the nuances of a vague postal code.

I assume the following thought process:

1. Media mail is for books.

2. This is not a book.

HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!

thus I dont ship slabs media, and man when a dealer does it makes me twitchy...

lol

Sorry. But anyone able to work in an Elastigirl quote - and make it work - is pure genius!

(worship)

Yeah, for real!! (worship) (worship)

lol

(worship)

Yeah, for real!! (worship) (worship)

Why thank you Bosco and Speedy. It's probably my favorite line thanks to Holly Hunter's delivery. While I don't say it out loud (much) I often hear it in my head when presented with a doubtful idea. :)

Wait...I thought cardboard WAS "hillbilly toilet paper"?

Wait...I thought cardboard WAS "hillbilly toilet paper"?

Nope... Swank magazine and cornbread. lol

You know, that's a valid point, I'm going to ditch all the cut up priority boxes I received from other people.

and just remember when you drive...that when you use the governments roads to abide by speed limits and check the sex regulations in each State and when you ...

Never mind;) I really am going to ditch the cardboard.

Could you elaborate on these sex regulations? hm

You know, that's a valid point, I'm going to ditch all the cut up priority boxes I received from other people.

and just remember when you drive...that when you use the governments roads to abide by speed limits and check the sex regulations in each State and when you ...

Yes, I, too, am interested in the various state sex regulations while driving! :roflmao:

:foryou::fear:

Yes, I, too, am interested in the various state sex regulations while driving! :roflmao:

:foryou::fear:

That was very un-Sha like wasn't it? hm