• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Oakman,

You obviously are not listening to what he is saying. The person that received the mylars and TPB did nothing wrong. They immediately sent out their pay it forward like they were supposed to. The sender is the one that is out the 75 mylars, 3 Trades and $ for shipping. Sometimes principle is just as important as money loss. Regardless, there is still a loss to Manicnerd and he was simply trying to warn people of a possible scammer. He is trying to do the right thing and look out for others. Why you guys can not see that someone that would do that in a PIF thread might do it as a seller on the boards is beyond me.

Oakman,

You obviously are not listening to what he is saying. The person that received the mylars and TPB did nothing wrong. They immediately sent out their pay it forward like they were supposed to. The sender is the one that is out the 75 mylars, 3 Trades and $ for shipping. Sometimes principle is just as important as money loss. Regardless, there is still a loss to Manicnerd and he was simply trying to warn people of a possible scammer. He is trying to do the right thing and look out for others. Why you guys can not see that someone that would do that in a PIF thread might do it as a seller on the boards is beyond me.

I don't know the whole story.I really should have just stayed out of it.Manicnerd no hard feelings,and I'm sorry I jumped conclusions. :blush:

I thought the Pay it Forward thread is a " here have this" type of thing? Get over it people. :screwy:

And what happens when someone is promised "here have this" and doesn't get it? Even though they have already put themselves out money for shipping and the material, in this case, 75 Mylars?

:shrug:

-slym

They suck it up, and feel even better about themselves for sending out the 75 mylars? :shrug:

Aw come on Speedy... the PIF is just important to those guys. No need to push someone when they're down concerning a bad deal :(

I'm serious man. The whole point of that thread is doing something nice, no? It's not about having someone do something nice for me, it's about me doing something nice for someone else.

If I played along and didn't get what was "promised" to me, suck it up is exactly what I'd do. I might mention it in passing to folks here and there, but I certainly wouldn't put anyone on the PL over it, or try to over complicate the thing with a bunch of rules and bickering.

Nope its in the rules above that the taker must "pay it forward".

Is it PL worthy? Who knows since 3 6 lawyers couldn't give a definite answer as to weather it was a transaction or not.

All I know is its important to them... and did cost them their time, which is of value in itself.

Just saying if you offer to bring me a sandwich and I decide not to pack my lunch because of it... then damn it man, I might be hungry later :whee:

Fixed that

Oakman,

I don't know the whole story.I really should have just stayed out of it.Manicnerd no hard feelings,and I'm sorry I jumped conclusions. :blush:

I'm so glad you said that, because Manicnerd has been calm and rational and I was about to ask if you were really you;)

:foryou:

Oakman,

I'm so glad you said that, because Manicnerd has been calm and rational and I was about to ask if you were really you;)

:foryou:

Sharon you are always the most level headed. (worship)

Oakman,

:foryou: Now that we are all on the same page, lets all post pictures making fun of Fingh. Those cheer me! :) Kidding Fingh...kidding!

Oakman,

:foryou: Now that we are all on the same page, lets all post pictures making fun of Fingh. Those cheer me! :) Kidding Fingh...kidding!

Fingh is the man!332881_2807431750815_519833415_o.jpg

Oakman,

That donkey he posts is cool too. :cloud9:

Oakman,

That donkey he posts is cool too. :cloud9:

:grin:

pizapcom10122475191019475461377093928735_zpse45ac93f.jpg

I think you're taking the "what if hypothetical situation" too far down the rabbit hole.

It did feel like this was being thought through too complex for some simple scenarios.

I'd rather ask questions to get people to think about the existing process and consider adjustments before it comes over.

If the PIF'ers aren't all on the same page & POV has to come in and clean up.... :shy: ...... :fear:

I PMd Beige, who asked me to ask the mods. I suggested he or another do what we did for the HOS/PL list. Have an open discussion,, solicit suggestions for a formalized process , have some votes on the process etc. I really do feel, the more I think about it, it does not really fit the HOS/PL concept, which has always been for outright sales.

Should someone decide t pursue this it may also encompass similar board things like Secret Santa (not to put a downer on Christmas)nand similar things where contributions as opposed to sales is the venue.

I think you're taking the "what if hypothetical situation" too far down the rabbit hole.

It did feel like this was being thought through too complex for some simple scenarios.

I'd rather ask questions to get people to think about the existing process and consider adjustments before it comes over.

If the PIF'ers aren't all on the same page & POV has to come in and clean up.... :shy: ...... :fear:

I PMd Beige, who asked me to ask the mods. I suggested he or another do what we did for the HOS/PL list. Have an open discussion,, solicit suggestions for a formalized process , have some votes on the process etc. I really do feel, the more I think about it, it does not really fit the HOS/PL concept, which has always been for outright sales.

Should someone decide t pursue this it may also encompass similar board things like Secret Santa (not to put a downer on Christmas)nand similar things where contributions as opposed to sales is the venue.

That could be a challenge, as that is what someone could bring up is if the PIF...why not everything.

That could be a challenge, as that is what someone could bring up is if the PIF...why not everything.

Agreed. Why not keep it simple. Everything under one roof POV ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Oakman,

This is the real truth. I am not going to apologize for my thinking the PIF is dumb (because I still do), but I do apologize to anyone whose feelings got hurt by my brusqueness and general horseassery.

35tis.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Agreed. Why not keep it simple. Everything under one roof POV ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

The HOS/PL is based on an extensive set of Sales Guidelines.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472#Post1460472

That and a lot of conversation between members to look for loopholes, come up with agreed upon standards etc.

As I said earlier, "If it is decided to use the PL list it should be in a separate PIF subsection, just like the HOS and PL subsections.But even that I am not really in favor of. Ultimately the HOS/PL is for sales between forum members."

So if it ultimately ends up the PIF offenders get on the PL List then a new sub-section should be made, same as the HOS sub-section and the PL sub-section.

I still feel there is more to discuss between the PIF participants and that better Guidelines and violation policies should be setup. And further, if we are going to have PIF setup like this, it should extend to any other venue based on contributions rather than sales, like the Secret Santa. A couple of so years back there was a tremendous Secret Santa brouhaha and most people were saying it did not fall under the PL/HOS venue. I don't see PIF as any different.

I still feel there is more to discuss between the PIF participants and that better Guidelines and violation policies should be setup. And further, if we are going to have PIF setup like this, it should extend to any other venue based on contributions rather than sales, like the Secret Santa. A couple of so years back there was a tremendous Secret Santa brouhaha and most people were saying it did not fall under the PL/HOS venue. I don't see PIF as any different.

Was this the New Mutants 98 CGC 9.6 situation last year where someone that had to send a gift wouldn't ship to the UK? That was a little painful.