• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

I also find fascinating the contrast between the very loose grading and the very precise pricing...I mean, the X-Men 4 is $243.04....not $243, but $243.04 hm

I always assume the people that do this saw that report a few years ago about how real-tors list houses at odd prices to stand out because brains look for differences and group similarities.

So rather than getting your house "grouped" with all of the other $24,000 house your brain makes a separate category for your $24,851 house, and therefore you stand out and are more memorable.

I wanna see that $24K house. :)

I live in an area of the country where Chinese influence is strong, so prices that end in 888 are chosen because they are "lucky."

I have a problem. I have 7 short boxes full of raw books (BA-moderns), a great majority of them HG NM OB. Titles include ASMs, FF, Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Bats, Tecs, PPSSMs, and a whole slew of other stuff.I am in a lot of pain healthwise - can't stoop or bend, and don't have the energy to go through each book and list them nor do I have a scanner. Was hoping someone living in San Diego could take a look at them and make an offer and just pick them up. Any thoughts? Not sure how I would be able to list them in this fashion.

They want to do a discectomy on my back and do a left hip arthroscopy, but Im trying to wait til I get moved to Texas to get them done. Also nervous about the surgeries because every surgery I have been through in the past they have found a way to screw it up, ugh.

Anyways, any suggestions would be welcome.

I have a problem. I have 7 short boxes full of raw books (BA-moderns), a great majority of them HG NM OB. Titles include ASMs, FF, Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Bats, Tecs, PPSSMs, and a whole slew of other stuff.I am in a lot of pain healthwise - can't stoop or bend, and don't have the energy to go through each book and list them nor do I have a scanner. Was hoping someone living in San Diego could take a look at them and make an offer and just pick them up. Any thoughts? Not sure how I would be able to list them in this fashion.

They want to do a discectomy on my back and do a left hip arthroscopy, but Im trying to wait til I get moved to Texas to get them done. Also nervous about the surgeries because every surgery I have been through in the past they have found a way to screw it up, ugh.

Anyways, any suggestions would be welcome.

Just a suggestion, but Craigslist works well. I've purchased quite a few complete collections this way in the past.

Just a word of warning about anyone purchasing form Mikeggg in the mixed age section.

He sold me one of those books on ebay and never delivered it. PM'd him on the boards and on ebay and received nothing but lies, before being flat out ignored.

Buy at your own risk.

Just a word of warning about anyone purchasing form Mikeggg in the mixed age section.

He sold me one of those books on ebay and never delivered it. PM'd him on the boards and on ebay and received nothing but lies, before being flat out ignored.

Buy at your own risk.

:baiting: post the information in the sales thread

This wasn't the first time I have had a hard time getting him to ship a book, and he has been on the probation list before.

he seems to be doing well over them, maybe you should PM the folks who purchased something?

Buy at your own risk.

Gross. Same book and everything. Looks like he deserves to be back on the PL.

Buy at your own risk.

Gross. Same book and everything. Looks like he deserves to be back on the PL.

I am willing to let Gsims have the book at the price he agreed to pay originally if Mike will consent. I don't want to get a book under these circumstances if there's someone else who is entitled to it.

Hey folks. There is a sales thread in the Mixed section offering up books with scans and pictures from many sources from a new board member. One of those books appears to be the same one posted by Apollobuzz - the same exact picture.

Apollobuzz 2010 post

Here's my application for membership...

amazing-spider-man-129cgc.jpg

So as not to thread further in the new member's sales thread, I've asked if he would do us a favor and take a picture of that ASM 129 CGC 9.2 that was previously owned by Apollobuzz in front of his computer screen with today's posts showing.

Just seemed odd to have photos from a marble table, then one on a wood table, then one on a legal scanner, then one on a short scanner.

Bosco...I'm amazed you remembered or found that ASM 129 pic from a 2010 post! lol

Nice job!

First indicator there was something not right were all the different photo and scan styles. Then going onto Google and searching for "Amazing Spider-Man 129 CGC 9.2", the fourth photo under Images linked back to the "Amazing Spider-Man 129 Fan Club" which is where I found the Apollobuzz post.

If the new seller is legit, all he has to do in this case is start taking photos of all the slabbed books in front of a computer screen with today's latest posts and the problem is solved. Then he will establish himself rather quickly as a new but trustworthy seller.

:idea: