• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

due to the backlash they would have to deal with afterwards of escalators being attacked.

(shrug)

It's a community right? Live and die by your choices. (thumbs u

Yeah, right. lol

You've been here long enough to know what kind of flame wars would come about if the "notify" button humper's names were to be made public. :slapfight:

Oh, I know. But maybe it would deter people from just humping a button for a stupid reason if it's public. Obviously a blatant disregard for the rules deserve it, but there are so many button humpers over such stupid trivial things. :P

Ask some of the folks on here what it was like when people could vote on the content of your posts through a star rating system. So just imagine the fights that would occur if someone could see who escalated a post to mods.

Mods don't want to have to deal with those problems, along with cursing and political discussions. It would bog them down for hours.

due to the backlash they would have to deal with afterwards of escalators being attacked.

(shrug)

Yeah, right. lol

You've been here long enough to know what kind of flame wars would come about if the "notify" button humper's names were to be made public. :slapfight:

Oh, I know. But maybe it would deter people from just humping a button for a stupid reason if it's public. Obviously a blatant disregard for the rules deserve it, but there are so many button humpers over such stupid trivial things. :P

It would prevent button humping of all but real beefs. The vendettas and vindictive humps would still happen but people would create shills to do the humping for them thus eliminating the true value of hump transparency.

This mess really happens huh? People regularly creating shills accounts just because of stupid vendettas or their vindictive? I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think it's comical picturing someone sitting in a basement somewhere saying

"Oh yeah, I'll get him. I'm going to take the time to create a new account just so I can notify the mods of this transgressions. :insane: "

:roflmao:

There are people here that have gone to far greater lengths for far less payoff, sadly.

Ask some of the folks on here what it was like when people could vote on the content of your posts through a star rating system. So just imagine the fights that would occur if someone could see who escalated a post to mods.

Mods don't want to have to deal with those problems, along with cursing and political discussions. It would bog them down for hours.

A star rating system?! :o:P Thank goodness that is gone! Phew! Talk about dodging a bullet! :grin:

A star rating system?! :o:P Thank goodness that is gone! Phew! Talk about dodging a bullet! :grin:

3/5 stars

3/5 stars

:acclaim: I'll take it.

3/5 stars

:acclaim: I'll take it.

That's not 3 out of 5 stars, that's 3/5th of a single star. (thumbs u

Maybe button humping shouldn't remain anonymous. hm

I love this suggestion.

no doubt.

+1 :)

I always thought there would be some way to tell. This seems that it would definitely eliminate some button humpers. hm

:gossip: I hump and tell.

(shrug)

Yeah, right. lol

It would prevent button humping of all but real beefs. The vendettas and vindictive humps would still happen but people would create shills to do the humping for them thus eliminating the true value of hump transparency.

This mess really happens huh? People regularly creating shills accounts just because of stupid vendettas or their vindictive? I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think it's comical picturing someone sitting in a basement somewhere saying

"Oh yeah, I'll get him. I'm going to take the time to create a new account just so I can notify the mods of this transgressions. :insane: "

:roflmao:

There are people here that have gone to far greater lengths for far less payoff, sadly.

redhook :sorry:

Maybe button humping shouldn't remain anonymous. hm

I love this suggestion.

no doubt.

+1 :)

I always thought there would be some way to tell. This seems that it would definitely eliminate some button humpers. hm

:gossip: I hump and tell.

2wcgx7m.gif