• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Geroge... let it go. :foryou:

You don't like me. It's fine. You've made it clear. I'm ok with it.

I'm going to step out on a limb, and say you're a pretty good chap. On that note, I'm shutting this damn thing off. :hi:

It wasn't IN a sales thread that I was PM'ing the seller and lost out on it. The seller responded by posting in my WTB thread that he had one coming back from CGC and we were going back and forth. I asked what he wanted for it. He said take a look at GPA, and take 10% off and that's what he'd charge me.

This was the GPA at the time:

Feb-09-2013 $510 Cert# 0917298005

Dec-16-2012 $388 Cert# 0917298005

Sep-03-2012 $579 Cert# 0148756002

Nov-25-2011 $350 Cert# 0179697015

Aug-07-2011 $263 Cert# 1039332003

I offered $400. He countered at $450. I said how about $420? If he said no, best he could do was $450, I would have taken it. Instead, I waited several weeks and he said he couldn't sell it and had to put it up for auction. George bought it without me knowing there was anyone else interested since it was a response to my WTB thread and not a sales thread.

But it's all in the past and I didn't bring it up. (shrug)

If you guys had a deal and he came back telling you " sorry kid, I know we had a deal but someone offered me more moola" I would understand your ire.

But that's the thing. He didn't. He kept saying, I'll have to ask the woman if the $420 works. It shouldn't be a problem. (I guess he was selling it for a woman, it was her recently deceased father's book). But it was taking several weeks to get back to me to wait for the book to get in hand. I drove the poor guy nuts because I was so excited to get the book. In the end it was "sorry, she wants to put it up for auction so her sisters can watch the auction. My hands are tied. Nothing I can do"

I didn't KNOW there was another buyer. Simply that it was going up for auction. I even asked that he keep me posted when it was listed for auction so I could bid on it. :facepalm:

since Sharon isn't here (or are you? :shy:)

can you both just let this go. This keeps escalating and in the end neither of you are going to come out any better than you started. what else does she say, WWSD...ah yes take a time out and hug it out or something like that :foryou:

good luck :wishluck:

Edited by jsilverjanet

Geroge... let it go. :foryou:

You don't like me. It's fine. You've made it clear. I'm ok with it.

I'm going to step out on a limb, and say you're a pretty good chap. On that note, I'm shutting this damn thing off. :hi:

:hi: Mike!

It wasn't IN a sales thread that I was PM'ing the seller and lost out on it. The seller responded by posting in my WTB thread that he had one coming back from CGC and we were going back and forth. I asked what he wanted for it. He said take a look at GPA, and take 10% off and that's what he'd charge me.

I offered $400. He countered at $450. I said how about $420? If he said no, best he could do was $450, I would have taken it. Instead, I waited several weeks and he said he couldn't sell it and had to put it up for auction. George bought it without me knowing there was anyone else interested since it was a response to my WTB thread and not a sales thread.

If you guys had a deal and he came back telling you " sorry kid, I know we had a deal but someone offered me more moola" I would understand your ire.

But that's the thing. He didn't. He kept saying, I'll have to ask the woman if the $420 works. It shouldn't be a problem. (I guess he was selling it for a woman, it was her recently deceased father's book). But it was taking several weeks to get back to me to wait for the book to get in hand. I drove the poor guy nuts because I was so excited to get the book. In the end it was "sorry, she wants to put it up for auction so her sisters can watch the auction. My hands are tied. Nothing I can do"

I didn't KNOW there was another buyer. Simply that it was going up for auction. I even asked that he keep me posted when it was listed for auction so I could bid on it. :facepalm:

You didn't have a deal, so it was his right to do that. I agree if would've been nicer to be more upfront with you though.

You didn't have a deal, so it was his right to do that. I agree if would've been nicer to be more upfront with you though.

Fair enough. I just don't know why the whole "the woman wants me to put it up for auction" shenanigans. Why not just say I got a higher offer and let me counter? (shrug)

Whatever, it's in the past. I hope that George and I can put it behind us. We're discussing via PM right now and I hope something positive can come out of this whole thing. :wishluck:

can you both just let this go. This keeps escalating and in the end neither of you are going to come out any better than you started. what else does she say, WWSD...ah yes take a time out and hug it out or something like that :foryou:

not to toot my own horn but IT WORKED

:acclaim:

not to toot my own horn but IT WORKED

:acclaim:

Here's some toots for you

b_Toot02md.jpg

Toot_Big_R.jpg

toot.jpg

So I guess this eBay banner at the bottom of every page was here before?

Nope, but as we all know $$$$$ talks. Meet CGC's newest advertising partner! :D

I can see it now. Strikes and bannings have been handed down when somebody would criticize Heritage or Metropolis. With the hundreds of "I hate ebay" threads in comics general, this place should be a ghost town by Monday afternoon at the latest.

The mods won't even bothering to check-mark a member's name than hit ban or strike, they'll just check-mark the whole user list and save themselves a ton of time. :tonofbricks:

:wishluck: