• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'm sure it's been asked and answered dozens of times before, but why don't HOS members get insta-banned? Seems like most of the Hall members got there for (basically) stealing $ from other boardies. Wouldn't it benefit the boards to completely wipe our collective hands of people like that?

Hey, this handsome boardie asked a pretty good question. Can anybody answer this strapping gentleman's query?

My understanding is that the CGC Admins want nothing to do with the policing of the sales forum and that it was only created with the understanding the members would have to police it themselves.

Exactamundo.

As long as that "policing" does not include any policing within the very sales threads that the community is supposed to police. If that happens, then the admins will police those doing the policing.

???

NOW, young padawan, NOW you are finally a Jedi Knight.

lol

CA - if you hit the "notify" button, it takes you to a screen to enter in a reason why you are notifying a moderator and then you have to submit that. You don't actually hump the button once, but twice to make it "official." If it has been humped already, the first thing you see will be the screen that says "moderator has already been notified."

:)

As to who? Well, no one but the mods really know in most cases... but in this case, I'd bet it was the OP.

;)

-slym

The button was humped on this post in SC1's thread.

:roflmao:

-slym

He really humped the button on my legitimate question? hm

Not very bright of him, considering he's bringing his own unwillingness to provide needed information, in this case, back cover pics or scans, to the mod's attention. lol

Yup.

Not very bright of him, considering he's bringing his own unwillingness to provide needed information, in this case, back cover pics or scans, to the mod's attention. lol

Yup.

:grin:

-slym

Yup.

Yup.

:grin:

-slym

Dang, I just wanted to see the back covers to make sure the grades were right. $900 for that set is a great price. :D

CA - if you hit the "notify" button, it takes you to a screen to enter in a reason why you are notifying a moderator and then you have to submit that. You don't actually hump the button once, but twice to make it "official." If it has been humped already, the first thing you see will be the screen that says "moderator has already been notified."

:)

As to who? Well, no one but the mods really know in most cases... but in this case, I'd bet it was the OP.

;)

-slym

Ahhhh.... I see, thanks for the info. However, wouldn't that mean you are going around humping things to see if others already humped it? Ummm....ewwww :o

Ahhhh.... I see, thanks for the info. However, wouldn't that mean you are going around humping things to see if others already humped it? Ummm....ewwww :o

I think as long as you do not hit submit, nothing goes to the mods for review. But it does give you a hint that someone sent it in already.

You guys are a bunch of bullies...it was just a misunderstanding.

C'mon...where are the rest of the defenders of things that don't deserve it? Join in!

They were here last night, making brain-surgeon type posts like this. lol

Do you really feel that way about Speedy's post, Joe?

I mean it is a sure fire way to insure that PL / HOS members can't profit by selling here hm

C'mon...where are the rest of the defenders of things that don't deserve it? Join in!

I mean it is a sure fire way to insure that PL / HOS members can't profit by selling here hm

It also means that a situation would be created where "some" people could get off the hook after throwing up the :takeit: , while "others" would be thrown to the probation list. In fact, if the mods are unwilling to ban p.l. or H.O.S. members from starting sales threads, and will give strikes to those who point out the fact that that seller is on one of the lists, then what good is any of it?

And we already know that PL/HOS'ers are profiting at the very least by buying here, when we have well-known boardies admitting that they will sell to them no matter what.

It also means that a situation would be created where "some" people could get off the hook after throwing up the :takeit: , while "others" would be thrown to the probation list. In fact, if the mods are unwilling to ban p.l. or H.O.S. members from starting sales threads, and will give strikes to those who point out the fact that that seller is on one of the lists, then what good is any of it?

And we already know that PL/HOS'ers are profiting at the very least by buying here, when we have well-known boardies admitting that they will sell to them no matter what.

Have fun with Casey then, I guess. :sorry: