• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

And dude, if you're feeling the frustration after almost 12 months (hey, happy anniversary! :headbang:), try five or ten years!! doh!

Thanks! Yep...first anny coming up! I can only imagine how the frustration must build after 5 years. I think I'll try to deal with it by just buying more comics. :headbang:

Good thing that Symbiotic was going to take a few months off from selling on these boards.

Good luck to all the boardies who made purchases from that thread. :ohnoez:

I thought the same exact thing. And people were cheering on the sale that were involved in the discussions not too long ago.

doh!

What was the deal with him?

Are you referring to the seller, Symbiotic?

Or are you referring to the cheerleader who was posting suggestions on how to shut this seller down and telling the seller in colorful terms to leave and that nobody wanted his "stuff"?

Symbiotic. I didn't see all that other stuff.

I really wanted that Hoax Hunters from Symbiotic's thread, too. Stupid board solidarity.

Well mess. If he isn't on the PL/HOS lists, how are we supposed to know not to deal with him? I have a purchase in his thread, but didn't know his history.

I really wanted that Hoax Hunters from Symbiotic's thread, too. Stupid board solidarity.

Well mess. If he isn't on the PL/HOS lists, how are we supposed to know not to deal with him? I have a purchase in his thread, but didn't know his history.

I don't know that's he's actually ripped anyone off here (has he?). Just pay with Paypal, cross your fingers, and be a stickler for the 30 day timeframe.

I don't know that's he's actually ripped anyone off here (has he?). Just pay with Paypal, cross your fingers, and be a stickler for the 30 day timeframe.

Was he the one shilling his own auctions?

Every one of those folks got ripped off like a week old band-aid.

Yep, shilling = ripping folks off. I meant in his transactions here on the Boards.

I have to go back and look he certainly went the Jake Blues route with most of them:

"LOCUSTS!!!"

I purchased from Symbiote last August when I knew nothing about him. On a personal level I will not purchase from him again because I do not agree with some of his methods or comments. I will say however that he did ship my Ultimate Spider-Man 1 quickly and well packaged so I would imagine you guys will get your books. I don't think he scams in that way or anything.

Look, I spoke out somewhat defending Symbiotic and that I just had good interactions with him in the past. And I got called out for only wanting or caring about "cool books". :eyeroll:

I was trying to give him some advice via PM. Seemed like he really wanted to be here and be a good community member. But then he did let me down by starting a sales thread 10 days later after he said he'd take a lengthy period of time away from selling here. So :boo: on me.

I can say - he has never not shipped on time, ships his books well, and has not NOT sent a book. He did take a lengthy period of time away from the Boards.

Ok - you can ensue the :makepoint::tonofbricks: and :kidaround:

Just wanted to throw it out there I guess.

Look, I spoke out somewhat defending Symbiotic and that I just had good interactions with him in the past. And I got called out for only wanting or caring about "cool books". :eyeroll:

I was trying to give him some advice via PM. Seemed like he really wanted to be here and be a good community member. But then he did let me down by starting a sales thread 10 days later after he said he'd take a lengthy period of time away from selling here. So :boo: on me.

I can say - he has never not shipped on time, ships his books well, and has not NOT sent a book. He did take a lengthy period of time away from the Boards.

Ok - you can ensue the :makepoint::tonofbricks: and :kidaround:

Just wanted to throw it out there I guess.

6f0ak.jpg

I purchased from Symbiote last August when I knew nothing about him. On a personal level I will not purchase from him again because I do not agree with some of his methods or comments. I will say however that he did ship my Ultimate Spider-Man 1 quickly and well packaged so I would imagine you guys will get your books. I don't think he scams in that way or anything.

To be fair, this could probably be said about a few other people who never get brought up in this thread.

To be fair, this could probably be said about a few other people who never get brought up in this thread.

I am sure you are correct. The only reason I even mention it, is because I do not want the guys who bought the items without knowing the history to worry they just got scammed and will never get their books.

I am sure you are correct. The only reason I even mention it, is because I do not want the guys who bought the items without knowing the history to worry they just got scammed and will never get their books.

I think it was a fair statement, and helped reassure the buyer. Nothing wrong with that.