• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

What bugged me about this whole ordeal was how the "old timers" on here would support this fool, even giving him free vintage comics, almost like they were addicted to the notion of a kid liking their hobby. Anyway, this is just begging for a photo of Mr Creme Brulee.

I'm sure it was very innocent but it just seems weird.

I didn't mean in *that* way, only that they were so nice because they thought of Cap_Freak as a "nice little kid" when in reality he was an "evil little sociopath" and many wouldn't listen, even after repeated transgressions (that Borock one showed clearly he was Damian Omen).

ALARM SOUND...WE HAVE ANOTHER...RING RING RING

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7392987

That guy is doing it wrong. You are supposed to make it look too good to be true . . .

He's trying a new strategy - highball the initial offer, then lowball scam when it doesn't sell.

And I just love that "I had an older ID, but lost the password" and "I have eBay ID and references" (without posting any naturally). :facepalm:

For anyone that is keeping up with the Neeley situation, his next court date is scheduled for 03/06/2014

I heard about that, but how does it relate to the boards?

They were here. They showed up in a thread after being called out as scammers.

For anyone that is keeping up with the Neeley situation, his next court date is scheduled for 03/06/2014

Crazy, got a link?

Crazy, got a link?

Only for you, Vince.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6868628#Post6868628

Crazy, got a link?

Only for you, Vince.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6868628#Post6868628

Don't forget this one:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6831774&fpart=1

(thumbs u

I was in favor of Speedy's proposal and commend him for putting it forward. It was evident, though, that given previously expressed sentiment on the boards, he was leading the Charge of the Light Brigade.

To his list of counterarguments people have put forward, I would add this (annoying) one: "This won't SOLVE the problem because xxx who had 2,000 posts and had been here for two years, scammed somebody a couple of years ago." This argument is annoying because no one suggests that Speedy's rule (or any similar rule) would end scamming on the boards, only that it would reduce it.

Saving a few poor souls from being scammed seems worth a minor change in the rules, in my view, even if some scams will still occur.

I was in favor of Speedy's proposal and commend him for putting it forward. It was evident, though, that given previously expressed sentiment on the boards, he was leading the Charge of the Light Brigade.

To his list of counterarguments people have put forward, I would add this (annoying) one: "This won't SOLVE the problem because xxx who had 2,000 posts and had been here for two years, scammed somebody a couple of years ago." This argument is annoying because no one suggests that Speedy's rule (or any similar rule) would end scamming on the boards, only that it would reduce it.

Saving a few poor souls from being scammed seems worth a minor change in the rules, in my view, even if some scams will still occur.

I appreciated Speedy's efforts as well - everyone's for that matter.

How long till mods get P.O'd enough to just start striking and banning button humpers?

They've done it. As I recall, boardie Deathlok was slapped, in part, for abusing the button. Others may have been as well.

wow, I found the thread

Edited by Jeffro

Does anyone know if CGC grades coverless books with repro covers as strict NGs or do they consider the repro cover as restoration? This isn't about a sales thread; just asking for my own benefit.