• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Jeff did you miss us discussing the addition of a PL notification for close to a week about a week or so ago? Arch won't go along with it.

Guess I did but apparently so did Michael. Since Michael and I are discussing this I'm sure we'll catch up soon. ;)

I PM'ed the mods about this a little while back ... they said pretty much exactly what I just posted above; politely pointing out that the OP is on the Probation List isn't an issue, full-on threadcrapping is.

Then I stand by my comment that CGC does not support the PL. If someone can get a strike for posting this information in a sales thread I do not think it will be long before some discussions in this thread start getting warnings.

They (read: Arch) support our using it in proscribed ways. That doesn't mean they hate it and are about to kill it, and it doesn't mean they're 100% behind it and want us to mention it everywhere.

Jeff did you miss us discussing the addition of a PL notification for close to a week about a week or so ago? Arch won't go along with it.

Guess I did but apparently so did Michael. Since Michael and I are discussing this I'm sure we'll catch up soon. ;)

I PM'ed the mods about this a little while back ... they said pretty much exactly what I just posted above; politely pointing out that the OP is on the Probation List isn't an issue, full-on threadcrapping is.

And that is a far way from "police yourselves". There is no support for the PL. it sounds like it is simply tolerated.

This is contrary to what others have said (Arch: "The post at the top of every sales page pointing to the PL is enough."). Can you show us what they said to you?

This is contrary to what others have said (Arch: "The post at the top of every sales page pointing to the PL is enough."). Can you show us what they said to you?

You'll need the minutes from the mods meeting. :whistle:

And that is a far way from "police yourselves". There is no support for the PL. it sounds like it is simply tolerated.

The mods don't want to get involved in PL/HOS issues - they're letting us police ourselves, through the use of tools like the PL and the HOS. This is the way it's always been, so why is this suddenly a bad thing?

The mods don't want to get involved in PL/HOS issues - they're letting us police ourselves, through the use of tools like the PL and the HOS. This is the way it's always been, so why is this suddenly a bad thing?

Because it has changed. There was a time you could it's a comment like "aren't you on the PL" inside a sales thread. Without that the PL has lost it's bite.

Because it has changed. There was a time you could it's a comment like "aren't you on the PL" inside a sales thread. Without that the PL has lost it's bite.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with Mod policy, at least in the sense that the "threadkrapping" rule is I think a function of someone complaining first, then the Mods will act.

Example: A few months back Silverweb (James) posted in a seller's thread that the seller was on the PL and might want to deal with that first, the seller posted genuinely surprised as in "OMG what do I do"? I and others than posted instructions on what to do to try and resolve things, all this openly in the sales thread, and to my knowledge there was no "poof" nor any strikes that I am aware of. I think in this case its because nobody complained, so there was no Mod action.

So the issue is this: Threadkrapping is a rule the Mods enforce. The PL list they will not intervene to enforce. Therefore if a PL seller is called out in the thread, the Mod's only respond to (presumably) the seller's complaint about threadkrapping.

But it hasn't changed. Show me one example of someone getting a strike for posting "aren't you on the PL" inside a sales thread where the OP is, in fact, on the PL.

The mods have cracked down hard on threadcrapping lately, sure, but there's been no evidence that this has anything to do with the PL.