• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

"Not Ready To Make Nice"

Forgive, sounds good

Forget, I’m not sure I could

They say time heals everything

But I’m still waiting

I’m through with doubt

There’s nothing left for me to figure out

I’ve paid a price

And I’ll keep paying

I’m not ready to make nice

I’m not ready to back down

I’m still mad as hell and

I don’t have time to go round and round and round

It’s too late to make it right

I probably wouldn’t if I could

‘Cause I’m mad as hell

Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

I know you said

Can’t you just get over it

It turned my whole world around

And I kind of like it

I made my bed and I sleep like a baby

With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’

It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her

Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger

And how in the world can the words that I said

Send somebody so over the edge

That they’d write me a letter

Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing

Or my life will be over

‘Cause I’m mad as hell

‘Cause I’m mad as hell

What it is you think I should

Forgive, sounds good

Forget, I’m not sure I could

They say time heals everything

But I’m still waiting

Someone I don't like = justice.

Someone I do like = vendetta.

I am constantly fascinated how many ethical and moral Narrow worldviews are represented on the boards.

Fixed

Edited by MetalPSI

To be honest, I don't see anyone getting banned here, over this.

What I'm surprised is that there has been no admittance nor apology issued.

That's probably going to be what it takes to move on. 2c

I don't think it's going to repair anything, but it may be considered an acceptable form of moving on.

I realize some people have a mad on for rupp, but that image of Sean is inexcusable.

May I ask where or who you got the image from? PM me if you like.

That is not the issue, Michael. The issue IS, did you create a meme with a gay slur showing Sean's avatar holding gun to his his head, and another meme with the same avatar with another slur showing a gun and blood and bones shooting out of his head?

Yes or No?

BTW, when you posted the "funny" picture of Park, you created a link to your photobucket account which is set to PUBLIC...why on earth would you put tax returns or anything private on a public account? It's not like someone had to hack in somewhere.

and nor would that be trolling...

This question still hasn't been answered.

I realize some people have a mad on for rupp, but that image of Sean is inexcusable.

May I ask where or who you got the image from? PM me if you like.

That is not the issue, Michael. The issue IS, did you create a meme with a gay slur showing Sean's avatar holding gun to his his head, and another meme with the same avatar with another slur showing a gun and blood and bones shooting out of his head?

Yes or No?

BTW, when you posted the "funny" picture of Park, you created a link to your photobucket account which is set to PUBLIC...why on earth would you put tax returns or anything private on a public account? It's not like someone had to hack in somewhere.

and nor would that be trolling...

This question still hasn't been answered.

If it was going to be (by Rupp, that is), it would have been by now. Don't hold your breath.

To be honest, I don't see anyone getting banned here, over this.

What I'm surprised is that there has been no admittance nor apology issued.

That's probably going to be what it takes to move on. 2c

I don't think it's going to repair anything, but it may be considered an acceptable form of moving on.

Would it have to be sincere?

Rupp,

I don't where all this animosity against Park comes from, but he is one of the nicest guys on these boards. He is also one of the most popular - outside of a couple of people, I don't know anyone who doesn't like Park.

You said you had him on ignore, yet you created and posted a meme about him today - seemingly to taunt him. I don't know how the ignore function works because I've never used it; but if you really want to avoid conflict with him, it might be a good idea to stop making memes about him using his photo.

As far as his strike goes, isn't that a little disingenuous? I mean, you received a strike just a few months ago for "Consistently disruptive altercations." Don't you think that taunting Park with memes would fall into that same category?

As far as the memes which Park was referring, there has been a rumor going around for a few months now that you were PMing boardies here with memes about Fingh. I think at this point, just about everyone has heard this and seen them. I've seen the memes, and they're highly disturbing. They graphically show Fingh's avatar getting his brains blown out against a wall with a hand gun, coupled with angry homophobic remarks. They appear to be in the same style as the other memes you've created. I haven't heard anyone say that you've posted these anywhere on the boards, only that you've been sending them to other people. This is the first time I've seen you refer to them directly, and I find it odd that you don't deny that you've been doing this, only that you haven't posted them. Did you create them? If so, again, this would probably fall into the "consistently disruptive altercations category" and not be a great idea.

I really do hope you guys can mend fences at some point, because this is getting really silly.

Ditch,

While I appreciate your concern for your friend, I regretfully disagree with your assessment of his character.

As far as your other queries... I deny, nor corroborate, anything you feel the need to tell the board about me. You have no links to anything I supposedly posted publicly to the boards... well at least you haven't provided links to anything posted publicly.

That said, I'm sure with enough time and the four or five of you going through endless online photo accounts, meme makers and other internet sites to make comical forms of entertainment... you could probably link me to the Kennedy assassination in some shape or form.

Since I didn't post anything publicly to the boards... all you (and about 4 others I'd guesstimate) have done is take trolling to a new level. One where the trolls in question go above and beyond to publically attempt to taunt and shame them.

I might point out it was a highly concentrated effort indeed involving the group of you.

I have every single PM since I started on this site. I know exactly what I have sent to everyone on this board. Don't think I don't know what you little rascals are doing and how you are doing it. ;)

Now I could care less what your little gang of four or five thinks about me but I do hate that you all involved Roy in all this with backdoor PM's and an elaborate plan to "stick it to ole Rupp"... and I will PM him and work that little issue out privately.

Until there is anything you want to provide links to of items I publically posted to the CGC board, I urge you to quit PMing other members and instigating them about me as that could be construed also as a "consistently disruptive altercation"... involving not only me, but whoever you might be PMing as well.

All for mending fences :foryou:

Rupp,

I had hoped that you could mend whatever issues you have with Park and Fingh and stop your attempts at intimidation; but after seeing your responses here, I have no confidence that this will ever happen.

There is no 'highly concentrated effort' involving any group. No one is trolling you, and I think you know this. You brought this all on yourself by attacking Park, making a series of negative statements about his character, and then taunting him with a meme that incorporated a photo of him. When confronted, you said it was within your rights to use publicly accessible information to do so.

This isn't the first time you've done this, and I brought up the Fingh execution memes that you allegedly were distributing via PM to other people. I asked you directly whether you created them, and so has Sharon. Your response was something along the lines of neither confirming nor denying your responsibility.

Based on your response, and the signature similarities to your other memes, it's obvious that you made them.

Also, given the script inside the Fingh execution memes, I'm 100% convinced that you were indeed distributing these to other people.

The script of the first Fingh execution meme is, "BOW DOWN BEFORE THE CABAL... NOW YOU GAY person_without_enough_empathy."

The script of the second, which is post-execution, is "NOT FAR ENOUGH... ...MUSHMOUTHED GAY person_without_enough_empathy !"

Your use of the word 'cabal' strongly suggests that you did not just create these for your own private amusement (as disturbing as that might be), but that you sent these to your group of friends.

Rupp, the script inside the execution memes is hate speech, plain and simple. The images are frightening and, frankly, make me wonder what you are capable of.

All,

I don't know Rupp any better than the rest of you but I have been following this all day. I have also been here for At least 5 years so I have seen what goes on and who supports who.

But do you really think Michael is a violent, prejudiced person? I don't know the history, but to me it looks like his memes and jokes got out of hand and rubbed some folks the wrong way.

Granted not everyone gets along with everyone else, but I have seen a lot of goodhearted things come from a lot of people here over the years, Rupp included.

I just don't see him as the monster he is being made out to be. Definitely not in good taste what he created, but I don't feel it was malicious intent. More like something done to irritate someone whom I am sure has irritated him in the past.

Very few people here know each other all that well. Only what we see typed on this screen. My guess is all involved would get along if at a convention together.

It's real easy to say all these things when you really don't 100% know the other persons intent.

I think Rupp should come on here and apologize for those stupid cartoons. Is he public enemy #1? I think not.

I think everyone has their issues and moments they may not be proud of. Everyone should take a good look at themselves also.

Let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone...

Yeah...

If people were seriously afraid of these depictions, I honestly doubt there would be any debate about it.

Being new here I have heard time and again that the cliques here are raging against each other. Just like every homeowners association, just like every group in high school, just like every toy monitor in kindergarten.

Where are the adults on this site? I would like to build a rapport with you.

I think you will retract this when you see the stupid cartoons, aka murder memes. As it relates to being without sin, I don't appreciate, to the extent that some of these memes are about me, the insinuation that I somehow deserve it based on anything I have ever done here.

I can say that I have never simulated murdering anyone, and I watch a lot of South Park.

Edited by seanfingh

Says a lot coming from a guy who has a Ren and Stimpy avatar and a link to the Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman in his sig.

Seriously, I am NOT mature, but this is out of hand. Even for a site dedicated to collecting comics.

...just like every toy monitor in kindergarten.

Look...let's get one thing straight right now...because I'm sick and tired of all of this.

I had the toy first. Billy knew I had the toy first. Hell...every other kid in the class knew I had the toy first. It's been 40 frigging years....let it go!

I think you will retract this when you see the stupid cartoons, aka murder memes. As it relates to being without sin, I don't appreciate, to the extent that some of these memes are about me, the insinuation that I somehow deserve it based on anything I have ever done here.

I can say is that I have never simulated murdering anyone, and I watch a lot of South Park.

I'm not a Family Guy, South Park, Robot Chicken kind of person. I think its beyond inane stupidity. However, I am nowhere near condoning what this meme's depict.

I just find it ..... I dunno, whats the word? Awkward? Being here and seeing these types of things come up. I dunno, everywhere I go online on north american servers where a group of people gather, its the same thing, over and over again.

Yeah...

If people were seriously afraid of these depictions, I honestly doubt there would be any debate about it.

Being new here I have heard time and again that the cliques here are raging against each other. Just like every homeowners association, just like every group in high school, just like every toy monitor in kindergarten.

Where are the adults on this site? I would like to build a rapport with you.

Based on what I've heard and the descriptions laid out here and that have not been denied I can tell you that I am not scared, but I am worried. As far as I know one wasn't directed at me at all or my family or my sexuality or anything else so it's easy for me to say that.

Then again I don't think anyone has to be "scared" in order to determine depictions of murder or other revolting images are something that they should be concerned about and that people who would create such images and write such things are not the types of forum members that deserve compassion when it's at the expense of the people who were the subject of the insults, threatening images, and inappropriate comments.

The "adults" on this site seem pretty well outraged right now.

I"ve tried to determine if there's any denial that these images were created by Rupp, a yes or no answer, or perhaps a clarification of what his explanation meant (yes or no that he created them) and I haven't gotten one, Sharon hasn't gotten one, no one's gotten one.

Brushing it under the rug, given the subject matter, given that posters have been given strikes for saying something as small as "I look forward to seeing you at X convention" as an implied thread, this doesn't feel like a "clique thing" that's innocent and harmless and I certainly wouldn't tell anyone who was the subject of these images and words to what extent their feelings and reaction are valid.

I can say is that I have never simulated murdering anyone, and I watch a lot of South Park.

I'm not a Family Guy, South Park, Robot Chicken kind of person. I think its beyond inane stupidity. However, I am nowhere near condoning what this meme's depict.

I just find it ..... I dunno, whats the word? Awkward? Being here and seeing these types of things come up. I dunno, everywhere I go online on north american servers where a group of people gather, its the same thing, over and over again.

Yet what you said diminished them to "hijinks" and, having been here almost 12 years, I've never seen "hijinks" that involved this type of subject matter. I don't think any of the "adults" simply brush off this type of commentary.