• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I haven't seen any memes that have been offensive,to me(at least the ones I have seen) have all been meant to be joking.I must admit I haven't been following this at all,but heard that others had gotten into a Photobucket type of account of rupps.Retreaving these these unintended for board use memes.Is this true? Then how can you lay blame on Rupp? If he didn't intend them for board use,he probably made them for some fun banter,then decided that they were inappropriate.

Superimposing the words "mushmouthed gay person_without_enough_empathy" on an image of a boardie's avatar getting executed is meant to be a joke?

The only reason these memes haven't been posted publicly on the boards by their creator is because it would mean an immediate ban.

Don't bother. It's the boardie of the year stupidity curse.

Then shouldn't the people that did post it get banned? (shrug)

So, you're saying Ogami should be banned now? Seriously?

I haven't seen any memes that have been offensive,to me(at least the ones I have seen) have all been meant to be joking.I must admit I haven't been following this at all,but heard that others had gotten into a Photobucket type of account of rupps.Retreaving these these unintended for board use memes.Is this true? Then how can you lay blame on Rupp? If he didn't intend them for board use,he probably made them for some fun banter,then decided that they were inappropriate.

:applause:

IMO the people going into Rupps photo bucket account looking for these types of images are looking to use these to their own ends. We all get that you do not like each other. Move on put each other on ignore.

I am not standing up for Rupp, but you people are condoning what and how these memes where obtained. Rupp might not have known his pb account was not set to private and you people went into them invading his privacy.

Now you are talking about having him banned for these boards, if he gets banned then so should the people that retrieved these memes and put them on this board should also receive the same treatment.

I think the best thing Rupp can do now in his own defense is just lay low and keep quiet about this. There are several people doing a great job painting him as the victim.

un-freakin'-real :facepalm:

:applause:

IMO the people going into Rupps photo bucket account looking for these types of images are looking to use these to their own ends. We all get that you do not like each other. Move on put each other on ignore.

I am not standing up for Rupp, but you people are condoning what and how these memes where obtained. Rupp might not have known his pb account was not set to private and you people went into them invading his privacy.

Now you are talking about having him banned for these boards, if he gets banned then so should the people that retrieved these memes and put them on this board should also receive the same treatment.

Ah yes, shoot the messenger. Good policy.

Superimposing the words "mushmouthed gay person_without_enough_empathy" on an image of a boardie's avatar getting executed is meant to be a joke?

The only reason these memes haven't been posted publicly on the boards by their creator is because it would mean an immediate ban.

I would give the benefit of the doubt and say ignorance...but maybe that's just me being ignorant. :sorry:

Then shouldn't the people that did post it get banned? (shrug)

So, you're saying Ogami should be banned now? Seriously?

If he posted them,yes!

I knew there were people that did not get along well on the boards but not to this extent. Murder Avatars are no joking matter. Heck, I didn't even realize there were cliques until now. I guess that means I am not in one. Story of my life!

Sometimes it is good to not be in a clique. I enjoy my lone-wolf status.

;)

Stop making stuff about you :baiting:

:sorry:

-slym

Well these boards have turned into everywhere else on the web.

Congrats. :(

Forums are what their members choose to make them. We still have a choice in the ultimate direction of this place. There are dozens, hundreds, or more mature adults on this forum with the capability and desire to treat others with the respect they would demand for themselves.

All it takes is for them to speak, be heard, and not relent.

And doesn't it really boil down to this? Treat each and every boardie with respect and kindness and just ignore them if they aren't your cup of tea.

These images are immature, disturbing and unhealthy and they specifically TARGET boardies Rupp doesn't like. Creating them is unacceptable and there's no room for this type of animosity on the boards.

Agreed, I just avoid those I do not like, and imagine people who do not like me (though I could never see why) avoid me.

+ 1

Oy, so many decent Boardies getting caught up in this lameness. Can we just move this to a CG thread so it can get properly locked and everyone can move on?
You really should watch Sucker Punch again. ;)

Oy, so many decent Boardies getting caught up in this lameness. Can we just move this to a CG thread so it can get properly locked and everyone can move on?

IMHO, this isn't something that should just be wished away into the cornfield.

Look I don't condone the meme that I just saw,but if someone were to go into my photobucket and post something that I have that the boards shouldn't be privy to.Would that be my fault? (shrug)

There's also the nagging question and the non denial-denial of whether those memes were distributed to members of the forum by the person who made them.

Look I don't condone the meme that I just saw,but if someone were to go into my photobucket and post something that I have that the boards shouldn't be privy to.Would that be my fault? (shrug)

There's also the nagging question and the non denial-denial of whether those memes were distributed to members of the forum by the person who made them.

:eek:

Why is anyone making these to begin with? And honestly, there should be 0 tolerance for any hatred. I don't care if it's posted here or on the wall behind you, we dont need it here. Attacking peoples family? Grow the eff up. I am sick and tired of hearing the bull that is being spewed around here, it is unacceptable to be portraying someones death (even through avatar), spewing hate about homosexuals, and targeting a man's family insinuating that his children are yours. Absolutely unacceptable guy should be banned or have his arse kicked in my opinion.

Roy, I am not concerned about Roy. I have abused him far worse through being passive aggressive.

Why is anyone making these to begin with? And honestly, there should be 0 tolerance for any hatred. I don't care if it's posted here or on the wall behind you, we dont need it here. Attacking peoples family? Grow the eff up. I am sick and tired of hearing the bull that is being spewed around here, it is unacceptable to be portraying someones death (even through avatar), spewing hate about homosexuals, and targeting a man's family insinuating that his children are yours. Absolutely unacceptable guy should be banned or have his arse kicked in my opinion.

Roy, I am not concerned about Roy. I have abused him far worse through being passive aggressive.

I agree with you,but shouldn't the people that brought this to light for shear vindictive behavior be just as responsible? (shrug)

I'm not saying Rupp is beyond reproach,he deserves an whooping for it.Deep down though you know as well as I,someone did this to start this sheit storm too!

Again note... these PMs are not from me. They were not posted here by me, nor PMd by me, to any member that is a topic of these memes.
Two, very easy, yes or no questions:

Were the offending images created by you?

Did you PM the offending images to anyone?

bump because it never got answered...

I agree with you,but shouldn't the people that brought this to light for shear vindictive behavior be just as responsible? (shrug)

I'm not saying Rupp is beyond reproach,he deserves an whooping for it.Deep down though you know as well as I,someone did this to start this sheit storm too!

It is NOT a matter of vindictive behavior, it is warning of a possible issue. Should we do away with anonymous tip lines as well? I know the comparison is extreme, but it is the same. And the issue of going into photobucket accounts, welcome to the boards. People access everyone elses accounts through sales threads to preview what is coming up and effectively "snipe" books with a quick :takeit: so it is nothing new people going through others photobuckets during sales threads, which rupp has many.

You really should watch Sucker Punch again. ;)

I've been meaning to, but I have yet to commit a crime so egregious as to warrant the punishment. :baiting:

+ 1

It's always the same few crybaby, boardies that desperately need attention, that keep this going. Someone needs to call the WAAAAHHHHHHHHMBULANCE for them. I'd call them little girls, but it would be an insult to little girls everywhere.

Oh no, someone made a crude and vulgar meme about me. How can I go on? Boo-Hoo. Let me complain whine about it day after day on an internet forum. Pity me.

:eyeroll: