• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

The notion that because CGC slabs these ridiculous covers that posting them on their website is somehow acceptable is lunacy. Trojan sells condoms, they don't want action shots of them in use on their website.

Nice post.

My worthless 2 cents....there are some VERY strange people out there. I would be more concerned about the ones who purchase the art than the ones who create it.

The notion that because CGC slabs these ridiculous covers that posting them on their website is somehow acceptable is lunacy. Trojan sells condoms, they don't want action shots of them in use on their website.

Thats new to me.

What? That Trojan makes condoms or that they don't need action shots on their website?

hm

Or you don't know what condoms are?

Thats new to me.

What? That Trojan makes condoms or that they don't need action shots on their website?

hm

Oh man, I sure hope he does. The thought of him procreating is truly frightening!

Thats new to me.

hm

Oh man, I sure hope he does. The thought of him procreating is truly frightening!

lol Thats not nice.

But funny :grin:

Thats new to me.

hm

I'm sure if you look hard enough on the internet you can find videos.

So to clear the air -

I've been a member of the boards for about six years now & selling almost as long here as well. I've always had a great selection of fine wines and cheeses for sale.

When Zenescope starting releasing the topless covers years ago I asked Mod(s) what was acceptable to post. I was told to black out nipples or other naughty bits and that's how I've been handling them in my sales thread since then. If I think there's something a little more naughty I black that out as well.

I can't remember ever being notified by a MOD in the past few years to change or remove an image. In my Holiday Sales thread last December there was an EBAS Notti & Nyce Holiday cover that was a bit scandalous and caused some public discussion. I even proactively posted in that thread that if the image was too much that a MOD was free to remove it. It stayed up, and people's dissenting comments were removed.

Apparently there was a MOD discussion over the current sales thread - let me just say again during the whole process before the thread was pulled I was never notified or asked to remove the images which I gladly would have done.

I understand that the candle wax cover was considered over the top, that's why I blacked out the candle wax even though there was no nudity underneath it. But to be clear I was operating under the same guidelines I was given. They even considered the fully clothed version too risque so that image is gone as well. More blacking out of any of the images would not have saved them.

I sell a wide variety of stuff from different publishers. These covers are popular, my customers want them, and that's why I sell them. The problem is EBAS and other artists keep wanting to push the envelope and this is the fallout.

After a PM conversation going forward with my sales threads I will be censoring more or I will be linking out the images with a "NSFW" warning on any item that is topless or considered scandalous so I don't get into anymore hot water.

To be clear before yesterday I can't recall ever been warned by PM by any MOD to stop my posting behavior so yesterday's ruckus with no heads up was a bit of a surprise... but I understand this is a public website with a lot of eyes on it. I appreciate the moderator's and everyone else's opinions here.

Such a level-headed response!

So to clear the air -

I've been a member of the boards for about six years now & selling almost as long here as well. I've always had a great selection of fine wines and cheeses for sale.

When Zenescope starting releasing the topless covers years ago I asked Mod(s) what was acceptable to post. I was told to black out nipples or other naughty bits and that's how I've been handling them in my sales thread since then. If I think there's something a little more naughty I black that out as well.

I can't remember ever being notified by a MOD in the past few years to change or remove an image. In my Holiday Sales thread last December there was an EBAS Notti & Nyce Holiday cover that was a bit scandalous and caused some public discussion. I even proactively posted in that thread that if the image was too much that a MOD was free to remove it. It stayed up, and people's dissenting comments were removed.

Apparently there was a MOD discussion over the current sales thread - let me just say again during the whole process before the thread was pulled I was never notified or asked to remove the images which I gladly would have done.

I understand that the candle wax cover was considered over the top, that's why I blacked out the candle wax even though there was no nudity underneath it. But to be clear I was operating under the same guidelines I was given. They even considered the fully clothed version too risque so that image is gone as well. More blacking out of any of the images would not have saved them.

I sell a wide variety of stuff from different publishers. These covers are popular, my customers want them, and that's why I sell them. The problem is EBAS and other artists keep wanting to push the envelope and this is the fallout.

After a PM conversation going forward with my sales threads I will be censoring more or I will be linking out the images with a "NSFW" warning on any item that is topless or considered scandalous so I don't get into anymore hot water.

To be clear before yesterday I can't recall ever been warned by PM by any MOD to stop my posting behavior so yesterday's ruckus with no heads up was a bit of a surprise... but I understand this is a public website with a lot of eyes on it. I appreciate the moderator's and everyone else's opinions here.

Such a level-headed response!

Especially for a sweater-puppy purveyor!

Also, the perennial comparison of inappropriate posting of sexual images, which are usually exploiting females in some manner, to Hitler or any other historical time period is tired.

Agreed.

145585.jpg.8d2f1cf86cf5e4d56b0ed62b3f22fddd.jpg

Yea we all are supposed to be over 18 to be in this forum ...

again, incorrect. 18 to have an account and post.

anyone with a computer/internet access can view the forum.

thus anyone of any age can see BBum's sales thread.

Just curious - would anyone have a problem making the sales forums for board-members only?

-slym

Yea we all are supposed to be over 18 to be in this forum ...

again, incorrect. 18 to have an account and post.

anyone with a computer/internet access can view the forum.

thus anyone of any age can see BBum's sales thread.

Just curious - would anyone have a problem making the sales forums for board-members only?

-slym

lol

Why the heck would CGC want to limit visibility of the sales area (a popular entry point for new members) simply to change a current reasonable policy?

:popcorn:

I do know of sites that have or had their message boards designed so that you could see most parts publicly, but not everything unless you were a registered member and signed in.

How would this affect anyone if the FS sections were set up that way?

Again, simple questions, folks.

-slym

Surely everyone who's capable of posting a reply to your question would by definition be unaffected?

I suppose you could argue that it would prevent people from browsing the FS forums and then becoming encouraged to register to buy/sell, but I'm not sure how many people do that - or at least how many people would register ONLY on the basis of those threads, and not because of any other, non-blocked part of the site.

I wasn't suggesting it. I was asking a simple question.

Check one in the 'yes' box already...

-slym

You could make it males between the ages of 18 and 25 only, too :baiting:

Just out of curiosity, I looked at the link to Beachbum's eBay auctions and they seem to have quite a few listed in the adult's only section.

You have to click on something and say you are over 18.

I know personally, I'd be fine if the books that eBay won't allow on their regular site

were listed here in spoiler tags, or had links...either way.

Of course if the artists thought of some other subject, I'd like it even better, but life is about compromise.

I'm composing my letter now, asking them to do a new cover with naked men having hot wax dripped on them...

Not sure if too many people would buy it though...I don't know any females who would bother;) and there can't be THAT many really kinky men people on these boards.. hm

I have no interest in those extremely suggestive covers so I can understand you not liking them. How do you feel about the way artists like Campbell, Tyndall, Horn and McTeigue draw popular female characters? They are obviously well endowed but not (usually) in provocative poses. I will admit that I like those covers, and judging by the way they sell so do a lot of others. :grin:

Surely everyone who's capable of posting a reply to your question would by definition be unaffected?

I suppose you could argue that it would prevent people from browsing the FS forums and then becoming encouraged to register to buy/sell, but I'm not sure how many people do that - or at least how many people would register ONLY on the basis of those threads, and not because of any other, non-blocked part of the site.

My experience is that I found the site because of the comic room thread & after lurking for a while I only created an ID because I was "this close" to buying something.

It's not the suggestive stuff that bothers me, it's the ones that involve pain and sex that bother me.

I don't really collect moderns, but I do collect the older Phantom Lady covers where she was tied up, the Jungle/Jumbo covers where there was bondage and I used to collect Shi...or I accumulated some. Why? Because I liked the colors and the art, I am not attracted to females, but I do like art with the use of beautiful colors.

It's the hot wax that bothered me, even though I'm sure it's supposed to be symbolic of other liquids...I saw it as painful...

I really love the hobby and I'd love to see more young women posting here and joining in. I see them at shows and I think it's wonderful...more new collectors:) but there are reasons that females get turned off by this site sometimes.

Sex sells. Always has, which is quite disgusting considering human beings climbed out of the trees 10 million years ago...

Wonder when we are going to start acting like we have fully developed frontal lobes?

It's not the suggestive stuff that bothers me, it's the ones that involve pain and sex that bother me.

I don't really collect moderns, but I do collect the older Phantom Lady covers where she was tied up, the Jungle/Jumbo covers where there was bondage and I used to collect Shi...or I accumulated some. Why? Because I liked the colors and the art, I am not attracted to females, but I do like art with the use of beautiful colors.

It's the hot wax that bothered me, even though I'm sure it's supposed to be symbolic of other liquids...I saw it as painful...

I really love the hobby and I'd love to see more young women posting here and joining in. I see them at shows and I think it's wonderful...more new collectors:) but there are reasons that females get turned off by this site sometimes.

I totally agree with you about that hot wax. It was obviously drawn to symbolize something else.