• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

oceanavekid; understand that this community doesnt take very well to misrepresentation of interest for the sake of profit.

In the past we've had major blow ups when someone begged and pleaded to buy a book, begged and pleaded more to get a price down below the listed price, made claims about it "going in his collection forever" and so on... only to see it end up for sale a few days/weeks (or far less sometimes) later.

We've also had a relatively new member come in, take some PIF offerings, beg for some books at below market rates (availing themselves to members senses of charity) and then "get out of comics" a month later trying to sell everything all in one lump on ebay.

And let's not forget about the 12 year old.

So understand that while all you did is what you did, the other members here have experienced a wide range of less than stand up behavior in the past that makes them/us a bit jaded and suspicious.

oceanavekid; understand that this community doesnt take very well to misrepresentation of interest for the sake of profit.

In the past we've had major blow ups when someone begged and pleaded to buy a book, begged and pleaded more to get a price down below the listed price, made claims about it "going in his collection forever" and so on... only to see it end up for sale a few days/weeks (or far less sometimes) later.

We've also had a relatively new member come in, take some PIF offerings, beg for some books at below market rates (availing themselves to members senses of charity) and then "get out of comics" a month later trying to sell everything all in one lump on ebay.

So understand that while all you did is what you did, the other members here have experienced a wide range of less than stand up behavior in the past that makes them/us a bit jaded and suspicious.

oh, he did this as well

That scenario has happened a LOT on here, going back to the day CGC opened it doors.

That scenario has happened a LOT on here, going back to the day CGC opened it doors.

That's true since I've been here. Although not a PIF, the recent Red Rocks/Superman #1 mess was just incredible.

Anyone else watching 'Cemetery' carpetbomb the marketplace? :insane:

Updated that for you.

Why are people ragging on this guy? He wants to get to 50 posts - it's not like he's hiding it.

If he's posting inane things in order to do so, that puts him in company with about 99% of the boardies here. You're acting like he's some kind of scammer. He wants to participate in the PIF thread, and he knows what the requirements are. Look, if he ends up joining in and junk-donkeying up the joint then by all means bash him. Otherwise, give it a rest.

If you really want to rail against inconsequential posts, go and stalk Kav or something.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Updated that for you.

Why are people ragging on this guy? He wants to get to 50 posts - it's not like he's hiding it.

If he's posting inane things in order to do so, that puts him in company with about 99% of the boardies here. You're acting like he's some kind of scammer. He wants to participate in the PIF thread, and he knows what the requirements are. Look, if he ends up joining in and junk-donkeying up the joint then by all means bash him. Otherwise, give it a rest.

If you really want to rail against inconsequential posts, go and stalk Kav or something.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

And? See bolded wording.

Updated that for you.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

And? See bolded wording.

And nothing. Just pointing it out.

No one thinks THIS sales thread was suspicious at all? hm

I mean, it being April Fools and all?

April Fools Week, maybe...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7578049&gonew=1#UNREAD

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7578049&gonew=1#UNREAD

Exactly. Both FS threads hot or very desirable books for a very nice price...

I posted a few times in the other thread and no one is paying any mind to what I posted, they are discussing the proper board etiquette of :takeit::insane:

Nevermind they may have gotten scammed :shrug:

I'm not sure if you meant I sold em too cheap or if I kicked butt with the sale haha. I owned a comic books shop here in Rochester NY back in the 90s. Closed in 06. I am DEFINITELY not up to date with what's hot and not anymore. I literally stored away about 10,000 books when I closed. Ebay id is classic-arcades2 (I also deal in coin op stuff) Sold a silver age lot on here today, shipped already, hoping to gain a good rep. I am planning on selling the collection off over the next year or so. Mostly golden age and silver but about 3000 or so newer books (1990s -early 200s) - which is where this particular run came from.hope this helps.

Thanks

Frank

He priced the entire 1-25 run at $30 less than a 8.5 Preacher 1, find a real hard time taking it serious.

I'm not sure if you meant I sold em too cheap or if I kicked butt with the sale haha. I owned a comic books shop here in Rochester NY back in the 90s. Closed in 06. I am DEFINITELY not up to date with what's hot and not anymore. I literally stored away about 10,000 books when I closed. Ebay id is classic-arcades2 (I also deal in coin op stuff) Sold a silver age lot on here today, shipped already, hoping to gain a good rep. I am planning on selling the collection off over the next year or so. Mostly golden age and silver but about 3000 or so newer books (1990s -early 200s) - which is where this particular run came from.hope this helps.

Thanks

Frank

I guess I stand corrected :foryou:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug :blush:

No wonder the shop closed if he doesn't know how to look up comics to see their current value. Rather convenient though that he has no idea what books are hot anymore or what they are worth but posts a Preacher # 1. I guess he was lucky that he just happened to grab one out of his 10,000 comics.