• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Threadkrapping. Plain and simple.

Do mods even hand out strikes anymore? (shrug) And just how is this guy still here?

Come on mods. meh

Who threadkrapped who?

Solarcadet listing a lower retail price for something Buzz was selling. Tactless and clearly threadkrapping.

Do mods even hand out strikes anymore? (shrug) And just how is this guy still here?

Come on mods. meh

Who threadkrapped who?

Solarcadet listing a lower retail price for something Buzz was selling. Tactless and clearly threadkrapping.

:popcorn:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1YyotQ8UkDgJ:boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php%3Fubb%3Dshowflat%26Number%3D7758108+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

Come on mods. meh

Who threadkrapped who?

:popcorn:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1YyotQ8UkDgJ:boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php%3Fubb%3Dshowflat%26Number%3D7758108+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

(thumbs u

Yeah, "I think I'm going to keep it" but left his sales thread open.

Say an unrelated buyer came along and :takeit:

Would that change your opinion? Should he not be held to the sale because he decided "I might keep it?" Sellers are responsible for their sales threads and the buyer threw out the "I'll take it" in the active sales thread. (shrug)

Guy should just honor the sale, get off the PL and get his mess together. 2c

Branget is the one thats wanted to put me on the PL for a while now

I've sold to him before and had no issues, he had no problem buying my books

I see A LOT of open threads and see nothing about a time limit where OPEN threads expire

Can someone link me to that in the rules? I've gone through them and seen nothing about an open thread ever expiring. I'd really like to see that. I haven't seen anything that says a thread from A week ago or 2 years ago that doesn't have any indication of being closed is automatically closed because of the time it's been up.

Just because its "bartering" to one person doesn't mean it's bartering to someone else

I said the book was too low at my asking price which I was right it was. Only thing i'm "guilty" of is telling someone no thanks and not taking the thread down. Not taking the thread down is the only reason i'm even on the list. I've said my part, some people agree with me and others don't.

First off - "her". vemd93.gif

Here is the rule regarding threads that are over two years old being "Closed". (thumbs u

LINK

The "her" was a typo Guess you've never done one

And doesn't say anything in the rules. The RULES are what people go by on the boards. Really shouldn't matter if it's a week old or years old. If someone can find the thread and it doesn't say it's closed then that person should be able to buy the book. Technically it's still an open thread

Are you guys actually promoting the concept of people finding years-old threads, putting the :takeit: up on books, and then nominating the seller on the PL if he doesn't complete the transaction?

If so, then :facepalm::screwy:

Are you guys Is oceanavekid actually promoting people searching for years-old threads, putting the :takeit: up on books, and then putting the seller on the PL if they don't complete the transaction?

;)

Are you guys actually promoting the concept of people finding years-old threads, putting the :takeit: up on books, and then nominating the seller on the PL if he doesn't complete the transaction?

Not at all

I just see people saying how threads expire. I see nowhere in the rules where it says any thread expires. I would expect that to be one of the top rules. If a thread is open it's open simple as that.

only reason i'm on the list I didn't take a thread down after saying no thanks to a guy who wanted my book twice

Ask anyone else i've bought a book from or sold a book to. All + feedback. I don't need to rip people off, thats not my game. I don't up bid anything

I try to upfront and honest about the things I sell.

I just see people saying how threads expire. I see nowhere in the rules where it says any thread expires. I would expect that to be one of the top rules. If a thread is open it's open simple as that.

Why would it say in the rules when sales threads expire? It's a very small part of the forum, and other than the seller guidelines, CGC is not sticking their nose in.

But common sense dictates that if you see a thread a few weeks old and no activity since then, it's being a real :censored: jerkwad to stick a :takeit: in there without PM'ing the seller first.

Why would it say in the rules when sales threads expire? It's a very small part of the forum, and other than the seller guidelines, CGC is not sticking their nose in.

But common sense dictates that if you see a thread a few weeks old and no activity since then, it's being a real :censored: jerkwad to stick a :takeit: in there without PM'ing the seller first.

It's like the BIN on ebay

As other people have said

On ebay some people have the listing up for months and never take it down till it sells

Other then rule 11 I don't see where you HAVE to ever sell a book if someone says they will take it

I'm just trying to unstained the rules better. Theres 14 actual rules but then theres things like posts expire after certain time that isn't an official rule

Instead of playing this game and alienating yourself even further, why don't you just try to make things right with the would-be buyer and getting off of the Probation List? Wouldn't that make more sense? (shrug)

I raised some arguments on your behalf & I disagreed with the nomination - I stopped because you bailed & then you came back posting but didn't come here. I haven't had any dealings with you & don't know why all your modern brethren dislike you. :baiting:

Many are just looking at this as you not following through because the book you listed was worth marginally more than you listed it at - ie fix it at little cost. However after you weakly declined two lower offers, the guy you were PM'ing with (jawn) decided to pop the "takeit" in the thread hours after you said to him in PM that you probably listed it too low & clearly he agreed since he tried to buy it.

I'm paraphrasing much of this but I would say your best way to convince people of your case would be to create a clear pictorial display of the PM's & show the timeline including pics of jawn's "takeit" & the preceeding post (to demonstrate how dead the thread was) The sequence of events tells the story. Jawn's false presumption that you were negotiating, which was supported by Branget & others, doesn't make any sense to me.

If you plan on haggling over rule interpretation I feel you're wasting your time - your point about old threads is valid but as JC just said, your side of this is having someone pop the BIN on a week old thread after having a PM discussion with you where you said you priced it too low. You said it, he agreed by trying to buy it - it's a doooshy move that people are overlooking & although you did make the mistake of not closing the thread while actively discussing the books in a PM, I don't think that's PL worthy.

(shrug)

Edited by bababooey

It's like the BIN on ebay

As other people have said

On ebay some people have the listing up for months and never take it down till it sells

Other then rule 11 I don't see where you HAVE to ever sell a book if someone says they will take it

I'm just trying to unstained the rules better. Theres 14 actual rules but then theres things like posts expire after certain time that isn't an official rule

Ebay keeps a nice little history on the sellers page of every sale you have going on currently. Its easy to log in see what you have up, and easily take it down. On here I know that my post history only goes back 4 pages so its not front of mind to take it down like the layout ebay has. Your ebay argument isn't a very strong one in my opinion.