• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Not sure he should be on the PL for that either.

The unsure was made sure by his reaction to the situation. Also at what point are we obligating a seller to sell and a buyer to buy? Should we get rid of it all together?

Not sure he should be on the PL for that either.

The unsure was made sure by his reaction to the situation. Also at what point are we obligating a seller to sell and a buyer to buy? Should we get rid of it all together?

:insane: I disregard much of what is said after the dogpile starts, if I didn't I'd just be one more voice saying "cool books". 2c

123841.strip.gif

Edited by bababooey

Your comments have made no sense for a few weeks now. (thumbs u

No idea what you are talking about but if you'd rather take a shot at me than discuss it, enjoy yourself...I'll play.

:D

Look back at your posts. Ignoring certain parts of the PM exchange and then accusing others of misquoting. You clearly do not wish to discuss. It is not a shot but an obvservation of your silliness.

Edited by Branget

No idea what you are talking about but if you'd rather take a shot at me than discuss it, enjoy yourself...I'll play.

Look back at your posts. Ignoring certain parts of the PM exchange and then accusing others of misquoting. You clearly do not wish to discuss. It is not a shot but an obvservation of your silliness.

Why because, in this case, I don't ignore everything someone says after the words "probably" or "I think" because they are clearly negotiating. You're the one disregarding what is being said in the PM.

The fantasyisland/jop (?) derailed sale was a timeline issue & I explained my point after being silly.

Why because, in this case, I don't ignore everything someone says after the words "probably" or "I think" because they are clearly negotiating. You're the one disregarding what is being said in the PM.

The fantasyisland/jop (?) derailed sale was a timeline issue & I explained my point after being silly.

I did not see your post silliness explanation.

Your opinion was that the seller made a statement but when someone says "I think" or "I might" or "Maybe" they are not clearly stating what they are going to do but only listing a possibility.

At the very least the seller made it ambiguous. It was the ambiguity followed by his attempt at the high road that landed him on the PL. He was not clear and should have been. That should be the lesson.

First off - "her". vemd93.gif

Here is the rule regarding threads that are over two years old being "Closed". (thumbs u

LINK

The "her" was a typo Guess you've never done one

And doesn't say anything in the rules. The RULES are what people go by on the boards. Really shouldn't matter if it's a week old or years old. If someone can find the thread and it doesn't say it's closed then that person should be able to buy the book. Technically it's still an open thread

This is insane.

I'm going to dig up some sales threads from 2003 when AF 15s and FF 1s in Fr/Good were going for $500 or so a pop.

:takeit:

There is a Good-till-cancelled option that auto-relists an auction every 30 days.

Sure, but that's a user-setting that has to be enabled, and I don't see that anywhere on here.

If anyone wants to use the "just like an eBay BIN" then 30-days is the absolute top limit.

I always mark my unsold sales threads "CLOSED" in the title when I'm done promoting them. No muss, no fuss.

also isnt there a time limit to when you can go back and edit a title/original post?

I think this is also a bit of mental masturbation.

We all know what a closed sales thread is. If it's more than a few weeks old I assume it's closed. If there's a book that looks like it didnt sell, and Im interested, I send a PM and see if it's still available.

If I try to buy a book that's from a thread from a few weeks ago with a :takeit: , I anticipate a chance of the OP coming back and saying "books sold elsewhere" or something....

how old was oceanverses thread? I had the impression that it was an active thread that the buyer was posting an :takeit: in , and then Ocean said "never mind I'll keep it"...

can anyone point back to the thread that caused all the problems?