• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

That's the problem Dan, you just don't get it

Good Luck

:popcorn:

(Figured I would save you the time :foryou: )

I'd just drop it, Dan. I don't know what rainbow crawled up RMA's leg, but he has been posting ad nauseam, jiving and jabbing and pontificating at all manner of things yet often saying he has no skin in the game.

Don't feed it and it will stop growing, at least a little bit.

My favorite posts are those that behave as if one party in a discussion hasn't been posting as much...if not more...than the other.

You DO realize that it takes at least TWO people to discuss anything, right...?

hm

Because, of course, what I'm saying has no merit, right...?

Right....?

Ah, Pov, you're one in a billion.

I noticed that too. I hope his current style of response is not reflected in any issues with his biz.

:hi:

You know I can read these posts, right...?

hm

Well, you did put me on ignore a long time ago because I expressed the idea that, in a post-apocalyptic society, gold may well not have value and things that would have value would be food, medicine, knowledge of how to do things etc. You PMd me I was "coming at" you and immediately after the PM put me on ignore.

But I assumed you'd be reading these posts anyway, so no surprise. I expected it.

I noticed that too. I hope his current style of response is not reflected in any issues with his biz.

hm

Well, you did put me on ignore a long time ago because I expressed the idea that, in a post-apocalyptic society, gold may well not have value and things that would have value would be food, medicine, knowledge of how to do things etc. You PMd me I was "coming at" you and immediately after the PM put me on ignore.

But I assumed you'd be reading these posts anyway, so no surprise. I expected it.

Ah. Gotcha.

You're still bothered that I put you on ignore 5 years ago, and don't want to let go of a conversation I'd forgotten years ago.

:(

I didn't put you on ignore because you disagreed with me, Pov, I did it because of the way you express yourself. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it doesn't work for me. You should do the same, if you don't like the way I express myself, instead of adding to the negativity on the board.

It's nothing personal, Pov, so you shouldn't make it personal. I red your posts here because it was part of this discussion. That shouldn't come as a surprise, no.

hm

Ah. Gotcha.

You're still bothered that I put you on ignore 5 years ago, and don't want to let go of a conversation I'd forgotten years ago.

I didn't put you on ignore because you disagreed with me, Pov, I did it because of the way you express yourself. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it doesn't work for me. You should do the same, if you don't like the way I express myself, instead of adding to the negativity on the board.

It's nothing personal, Pov, so you shouldn't make it personal. I red your posts here because it was part of this discussion. That shouldn't come as a surprise, no.

As I already said, I expected you to read the post. I am not hurt or bothered by your putting me on ignore. I only mentioned it because you said you could read my reply, which struck me as off for someone constantly championing a "full ignore" function.

But as you often do, you create a criteria, apply it to the person you are addressing, and then proceed to address that criteria as if they had expressed it themselves. As you just did with me by saying "Gotcha" and explaining your "gotcha" and then addressing it.

As far as not addressing you, I shall, especially when I see the dumping on others that can go on and on.

hm

Ah. Gotcha.

Be careful... some people will judge you for this. Just trying to "help" :foryou:

As I already said, I expected you to read the post. I am not hurt or bothered by your putting me on ignore. I only mentioned it because you said you could read my reply, which struck me as off for someone constantly championing a "full ignore" function.

There's nothing off about it. If you don't see anything I say, you don't have the opportunity to comment on it negatively, as you have done here. Your responses here are precisely the reason for a "full ignore" function.

If my putting you on ignore didn't bother you, I'm surprised that you bring it up, and what you thought was the reason why, many years after the fact.

hm

But as you often do, you create a criteria, apply it to the person you are addressing, and then proceed to address that criteria as if they had expressed it themselves. As you just did with me by saying "Gotcha" and explaining your "gotcha" and then addressing it.

Awkward expression aside, you frequently misread what people say, and then respond based on that misunderstanding. So, I will ask: did you think that was an "Ah HA! Got you!" comment? If so, it wasn't. It was "Ah. I see."

So, no on your analysis.

As far as not addressing you, I shall, especially when I see the dumping on others that can go on and on.

One person's "dumping on others", is another person's "keep trying, maybe eventually it will get through."

Perspective is important. And, it's a little arrogant to think Dan needs protection from being "dumped on", isn't it...?

Feel free to address me any time you wish, Pov. My suggestion was if what I said bothered you, as it clearly has, you didn't need to contribute to the negativity...especially taking a shot at my business without cause...on the board. There's enough as it is. I haven't talked to or about you in years, because I'd rather not add to the negativity on the boards.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone behaved that way...?

hm

hm

Ah. Gotcha.

Be careful... some people will judge you for this. Just trying to "help" :foryou:

I use the word "red" as the past tense of "read" on purpose.

These comments and memes, Dan, just prove exactly what has been said.

Oh well.

As far as the sheep comment, sorry. CG is more of a click. And if your not in it... Oh Boy!

More irrelevancy and non-sequitor. What's next, you trot out the bully card?

Edited by Jeffro™

Seriously, there's way too much 'I need to be right' in this thread. Sometimes the best points are made with no words at all.

I'm going to talk about boobies. Who's with me?