• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

And I've learned a lesson. Don't post anything publicly. :D

And, stop lowballing. :baiting:

And that goes for all of you. :makepoint:

BA12 wasn't a lowball offer.

Harbinger #1 - sometimes you have to swing for the fence with a "package deal"... especially when the seller tells you the books are absolute junk and has several of them. :D

I know that keeps getting shot down as an excuse. It's the only reason I did it. "Why not?" It's not like I had anything to lose. I didn't JUST PM the seller with a lowball offer. I just threw out one swing for the fence offer that if the answer was "no" (and I was guessing it would be) I wouldn't have been left wondering. Who knows what someone will accept to get the ice broken on a sales thread when they have multiple of a book.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Anyone that knows me knows that I love Harbinger #1's that is why when someone posts Private PM's in general forum it is not a good idea. I thought you could tell from our back and both conversation that I was obviously joking.

I don't believe I said it was a low ball offer as much I said I would get more $ selling the book on eBay because I don't pay anywhere near 13% combined eBay and PP fees.

Oh, I know you didn't say it was a low ball offer. :foryou: I was replying to everyone saying I threw out lowball offers. I actually enjoyed the interaction and you were very easy/pleasant to deal with. I'm sorry for mistaking what happened in the end. :sorry:

I should have asked if you'd put the book on hold as we tried to work out a deal. I just did that with bighairjer (worship) and I think that's the way I'll handle things in the future when I'm serious about a book.

Harbinger #1 - sometimes you have to swing for the fence with a "package deal"... especially when the seller tells you the books are absolute junk and has several of them. :D

I know that keeps getting shot down as an excuse. It's the only reason I did it. "Why not?" It's not like I had anything to lose. I didn't JUST PM the seller with a lowball offer. I just threw out one swing for the fence offer that if the answer was "no" (and I was guessing it would be) I wouldn't have been left wondering. Who knows what someone will accept to get the ice broken on a sales thread when they have multiple of a book.

Anyone that knows me knows that I love Harbinger #1's that is why when someone posts Private PM's in general forum it is not a good idea. I thought you could tell from our back and both conversation that I was obviously joking.

I don't believe I said it was a low ball offer as much I said I would get more $ selling the book on eBay because I don't pay anywhere near 13% combined eBay and PP fees.

Oh, I know you didn't say it was a low ball offer. :foryou: I was replying to everyone saying I threw out lowball offers. I actually enjoyed the interaction and you were very easy/pleasant to deal with. I'm sorry for mistaking what happened in the end. :sorry:

I should have asked if you'd put the book on hold as we tried to work out a deal. I just did that with bighairjer (worship) and I think that's the way I'll handle things in the future when I'm serious about a book.

Just so everyone and you know I was on the phone with Greg right after I sent you that PM with those prices, and if I came back and your next PM was any motion of :takeit:, whats your PP address, sold, I will buy it, etc etc.....then I would have had a decision on my hands in which in I would have rightfully sold you the book and would have called Greg back and said sorry one of the books was spoken for by a boardie who did commit to a sale prior.

However your very next post was a counter offer to include another book, so the decision for me was fairly straightforward.....the book is now sold to Greg. Which I made clear to you via our private PM's.

What I did not know was that two boardies were basically working together for the book, and this book wasn't even for you. I do like you and I even asked if could call you on the phone to clear things up but you declined.

I was not aware by you that you were going to take this public and I had to be told by friends of mine that the torches were burning before I even said one word.

I appreciate your apology so for me this matter is now closed.

So if it okay with some of you I would really enjoy getting back to my Tinder dates and the beach.

Best,

John (nWo)

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

Junkdrawer will attest to this - I was going to buy the book for myself at one point! doh!

And I also regret not buying Roy's copy last summer! That's the one I referenced being one of my biggest comic regrets. :tonofbricks:

Junkdrawer will attest to this - I was going to buy the book for myself at one point! doh!

And I also regret not buying Roy's copy last summer! That's the one I referenced being one of my biggest comic regrets. :tonofbricks:

I thought that was my copy?

I thought that was my copy?

I like Roy's copy more. :shy:

You keep bringing that up for some reason. I can guarantee that there are several dealers / flippers on this site who think all comics are absolute junk and just see them as $$$. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is.

You keep bringing that up for some reason. I can guarantee that there are several dealers / flippers on this site who think all comics are absolute junk and just see them as $$$. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is.

At one point I PM'd Greggy with an offer on some Spider-Woman books his response was

Thought you already had these two junky common books? :shrug:

He also called me a Sucker after I paid him. :cloud9:

lol

At one point I PM'd Greggy with an offer on some Spider-Woman books his response was

Thought you already had these two junky common books? :shrug:

He also called me a Sucker after I paid him. :cloud9:

lol

If you want to buy more, I'll be glad to bend you over again and again.

Maybe eventually, I'll do it literally.

:blush:

Can you honestly say things would have turned out exactly the same way if John would have simply stated "Book is sold but I will pass your email address and your offer on to the new owner" or simply gave Greg Chris' contact info and didn't create the fiction of still owning the book?

There's an origin point in every conflict.

That may have been the actual origin point of the disagreement between seller and buyer but the pulling out of torches early was still unacceptable. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Who knows how it would have turned out? Maybe the potential buyer wouldn't have believed the seller that he was passing on info to the new owner.

What I do I know is that

a) the pitchforks were premature (Iraq anyone?)

b) both sides were hiding something (remember, buyer approached seller without transparency 1st)

c) transparency from all sides is best in every transaction.

But I don't want to waste a day going to back and forth on the minutia.

My primary concern from the very start of this topic was the lighting of torches and pulling of pitchforks without hearing both sides of the story 1st. It's unacceptable, even if the end justifies the means. Due process and all that...

You have articulated some great points but the Iraq part is meh

Still trying to figure that one out. hm