• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I read that as it's OK to post PMs from a moderation perspective. And be careful who you trust.

I think general, people should think about saying or putting something into writing before doing it. Generally, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.

That's good advice that's applicable far beyond the bounds of this place.

I read that as it's OK to post PMs from a moderation perspective. And be careful who you trust.

I think general, people should think about saying or putting something into writing before doing it. Generally, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.

That's good advice that's applicable far beyond the bounds of this place.

Wholeheartedly agree.

Just for future reference - If you call someone a liar and untrustworthy and it turns out to not be true would that be liable? Just curious if I understand the definition correctly.

If it's spoken, it's slander. If it's written, it's libel.

Technically (I think), in either case, part of the definition also involves some actual damage being done, otherwise it's just :blahblah:

Message board butt hurt doesn't count as damage? :o

That's Arch's way of removing CGC from liability if someone does post PMs.

That's how I read it as well. I wonder if Arch has a legal background of some sort. The construction of his response looks very familiar. hm

Wait, are you saying Arch is actually Comix4fun??? :o:o

:jokealert:

HarveySwick.

No way. Arch is straight to the point and only weighs in when he has too.

That's Arch's way of removing CGC from liability if someone does post PMs.

That's how I read it as well. I wonder if Arch has a legal background of some sort. The construction of his response looks very familiar. hm

Wait, are you saying Arch is actually Comix4fun??? :o:o

:jokealert:

HarveySwick.

No way. Arch is straight to the point and only weighs in when he has too.

rim-shot-johnny-utah.thumbnail.jpg

Just for future reference - If you call someone a liar and untrustworthy and it turns out to not be true would that be liable? Just curious if I understand the definition correctly.

If it's spoken, it's slander. If it's written, it's libel.

Technically (I think), in either case, part of the definition also involves some actual damage being done, otherwise it's just :blahblah:

I believe it is also part of the criterion that it had been done in bad faith, (malicious intent?) that is I knew it wasn't true but I said it anyway to harm the person or their reputation.

So if the allegation is made with a good faith belief at the time that it could be true, it cannot be either slander or libel. My assumption is that such a limitation is necessary to protect and encourage the free press and open government.

Edited by crassus

I must say tiltedspiderspecter stayed very classy and calm throughout this and after.accepted sorries,didnt whinge and moan,just moving on and keepin on truckin.Well done sir,hat off and all that.

So someone buy his stuff.

I must say tiltedspiderspecter stayed very classy and calm throughout this and after.accepted sorries,didnt whinge and moan,just moving on and keepin on truckin.Well done sir,hat off and all that.

So someone buy his stuff.

tiltedspiderspecter lol

Thanks for the kind words!

I prefer your old name. Just sayin'

what SOT?

The full version. Yuuuup!

Agreed. Granted I don't like anyone changing their name as I get all confused.

I like being a villain more.

PM me for the scans that will consider the winner unless books are wanted.

I need a translation, I am not really sure what this means? I think he usually speaks English, so the only thing I can come up with is that he was using his phone and left out the words "be" and "not" ...and maybe one or two more.