• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

If a book is more than $10 $2.00 a picture should be required. This is getting ridiculous.

meh2c:pullhair:

Fixed that;)

Personally, I take pictures of $1 books, they might be group pictures, but there are pictures. I just don't understand this no picture thingy.

I agree. If you don't have the time to take a picture than you don't have the time to sell the book. And if you're not going to post a picture, then at a minimum, a statement should be made regarding taking a book pending scans.

A good return policy quells all fear. :)

If a book is more than $10 $2.00 a picture should be required. This is getting ridiculous.

Fixed that;)

Personally, I take pictures of $1 books, they might be group pictures, but there are pictures. I just don't understand this no picture thingy.

I agree. If you don't have the time to take a picture than you don't have the time to sell the book. And if you're not going to post a picture, then at a minimum, a statement should be made regarding taking a book pending scans.

If the policy includes refunding postage both ways and paying for your time and materials invested -- then I say yes. :baiting:

Not providing pictures is a bit like going to a comic convention and looking a price list of available books tacked to a closed box with the sign, "Buy the Book Before We Let You Take a Look At It".

If I feel an offer is completely out of the ballpark I don't even bother with a counter offer. Item usually sells for $100-130 and you offer $25? Not even going to entertain this. I decline.

Item sells for $100-$130 and you offer $x and I counter and you offer $x + one cent? I don't bother the second time around.

What if I offer $X and you counter offer and my response is to offer even less? hm

I sometimes raise my counter as a seller just to be a doosh if the buyer only ups his second offer by $1.

You never counter any of my offers?

Fixed that;)

If the policy includes refunding postage both ways and paying for your time and materials invested -- then I say yes. :baiting:

Not providing pictures is a bit like going to a comic convention and looking a price list of available books tacked to a closed box with the sign, "Buy the Book Before We Let You Take a Look At It".

The lazier the seller the lower the price. It has always been that way. Any seller trying to cut corners feels it in their bottom line. If I make the error I pay return postage. I suppose I could include the extra nickel to cover the time it takes to post :takeit:

Seems this forum is trying to mandate being a top notch seller. You become a great seller by learning. (thumbs u

Seems this forum is trying to mandate (thumbs u

I've never been on a mandate. Am I missing out?

Speaking of mandates, I just posted the "returns" rule link in someone's thread and he wrote to say that others are not doing it, so he didn't.

I posted in at least 3 threads. It would be lovely if each of you did the same...post in a few threads.

That way, you too, can get to meet new people;)

Speaking of mandates, I just posted the "returns" rule link in someone's thread and he wrote to say that others are not doing it, so he didn't.

I posted in at least 3 threads. It would be lovely if each of you did the same...post in a few threads.

More ways to inflate post count. :whee:

More ways to inflate post count. :whee:

and you would be SO good at it... :foryou:

If I make the error I pay return postage. I suppose I could include the extra nickel to cover the time it takes to post :takeit:

(thumbs u

I was thinking more along the lines of receiving a book that did not meet my collecting criteria -- something I could have noticed with a front and back scan. I was also thinking about the time involved in repackaging a book and driving to and from the post office -- not negligible.

Though I guess what I am saying, in other words, is that no pictures, no sale. (shrug)

If I make the error I pay return postage. I suppose I could include the extra nickel to cover the time it takes to post :takeit:

(thumbs u

I was thinking more along the lines of receiving a book that did not meet my collecting criteria -- something I could have noticed with a front and back scan. I was also thinking about the time involved in repackaging a book and driving to and from the post office -- not negligible.

Though I guess what I am saying, in other words, is that no pictures, no sale. (shrug)

Then don't buy. I'll never understand why anyone feels the need to control how others wish to do business. You don't want to buy without a pic. Then take the power and don't buy without a pic. There are many willing to take a discount from a seller who wishes not to take the time to post a pic. Why take the time to try and force a pic from every seller so you feel comfortable?

(thumbs u

Then don't buy. I'll never understand why anyone feels the need to control how others wish to do business. You don't want to buy without a pic. Then take the power and don't buy without a pic. There are many willing to take a discount from a seller who wishes not to take the time to post a pic. Why take the time to try and force a pic from every seller so you feel comfortable?

:gossip:

Mental issues

Here is a fun topic for today.

How does a seller benefit by a selling a CGC book here on the CGC boards with what I call the less eBay/PP fee net price?

I am not singling anyone out as I used to think along those lines.

I understand the logic for a buyer using that as a buying tactic, but I am floored when a potential buyer doesn't understand me selling you a book here with that logic is only win for you the buyer and I gain nothing from that.

Bascially the buyer saves all the money and the seller would be left with basically the same net result. Where is the win win for both parties involved? (shrug)

He is what I have done as a buyer off the boards. I had a guy that did in fact want to sell a book via eBay for his safety to be protected so I said fine. We agree on the amount and spit the fees 50/50 so we both made out. IMO that is what is correct thing to do.

What do you guys think or do when a buyer uses that buying tactic?

Again not meant to start an argument just a discussion.

John

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

Great question. I can see the buyers thought that the seller will get minus 13% if the sell it on E-Bay so why should I get the savings. I see it the other way in that the buyer would normally have to pay full price if they went to buy it on ebay or other outlets. So I'd agree it makes most sense to split the perceived benefit of selling it no fees.

Great question. I can see the buyers thought that the seller will get minus 13% if the sell it on E-Bay so why should I get the savings. I see it the other way in that the buyer would normally have to pay full price if they went to buy it on ebay or other outlets. So I'd agree it makes most sense to split the perceived benefit of selling it no fees.

That is my thought as well. (thumbs u

Also buyers need to also consider:

1. Not all boardies go right to eBay if their books do not sell here

2. Not all eBay sellers when they sell on eBay pay 13% in eBay/PP fees. I never do.

I always assumed sellers weren't giving away 100% of the fees they were saving. Buyers are also giving up some of the protection that ebay offers.

Fair point, however if you pay via PayPal you are pretty much covered on either site.

Plus here you can still see feedback in the feedback forum. I think there is more risk on eBay than here on the CGC boards.