• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So I am in Philly right now to get cultured and to go see Phish. Right before I left I PM'd a seller that he had listed a couple of books that were clearly second prints without noting it in the listing. He still has not changed the listing but did respond. Let it go or do I question it in the thread?

So I am in Philly right now to get cultured and to go see Phish. Right before I left I PM'd a seller that he had listed a couple of books that were clearly second prints without noting it in the listing. He still has not changed the listing but did respond. Let it go or do I question it in the thread?

Question in the thread and save someone or a few less knowledgable from a bad experience on the boards. Must my opinion.

Phish :cloud9: I'm jealous.

Question in the thread and save someone or a few less knowledgable from a bad experience on the boards.

+1

Pointing out factual inaccuracies in a sales thread is not threadcrapping, in my opinion.

Edited by edowens71

Question in the thread and save someone or a few less knowledgable from a bad experience on the boards.

+1

Pointing out factual inaccuracies in a sales thread is not threadcrapping, in my opinion.

+2

Just be happy you got to Philly before the pope. Its going to be chaos.

+1

I would just to that via PM with that seller.

Keeps the sales thread cleaner.

I think he tried that though and the seller didn't fix it. At that point is it ok to post it in the thread so someone doesn't get taken advantage of? I would think so if done in a polite manner.

Saw the Mint, Constitution Center, Independence Hall and the the tomb of the unknown revolutionary soldier. I saw the liberty bell yesterday. Any other recommendations ?

Oh... And once I posted it, the seller clarified in his FS thread that they were in fact second printings.

Saw the Mint, Constitution Center, Independence Hall and the the tomb of the unknown revolutionary soldier. I saw the liberty bell yesterday. Any other recommendations ?

Oh... And once I posted it, the seller clarified in his FS thread that they were in fact second printings.

Did you have a cheesesteak yet? Are you looking for any restaurant recommendations?

Rocky Statue

Run up the "Rocky Steps" at the Museum of Art (and check out the Rocky statue). I did it the last time I was in Philly - it's awesome.

a better concert :baiting:

The seller didn't actually clarify, and doesn't seem to have adjusted his listing at all. Another member jumped in and explicitly called out the second prints.

+1

Run up the "Rocky Steps" at the Museum of Art (and check out the Rocky statue). I did it the last time I was in Philly - it's awesome.

+1

The Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Rocky statue are both musts.

:o