• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I can't get beyond your endorsement of steroids. :insane:

Win at all costs.

I actually like Tom Brady now. (thumbs u

You think the same sports franchises win because they play fair? lol

Maybe I needed to put a condescending :o

;)

I live in a country where the favourite sport goes untested for steroids etc. works for me.

:news:

I use Priority Mail boxes as packaging cardboard for raw comics if I ship them 1st class mail.

Am I now unethical? :o:o:o

Yes.

Was that not a "serious" question?

The USPS doesn't provide these materials for free so that you can use them in non-Priority packages.

You really ought to know these things by now. It's not as if you just got into the comics business a month ago.

You think I don't know. Hence the condescending :o:o

I also believe in athletic use of steroids so my team can always win. (shrug)

No, I don't think you don't know.

I think you don't care.

There's a difference.

Yes I obviously know they don't like it when you use Priority Mail boxes to pack 1st class or media mail package.

They can also kiss my arse for all the work I save them from having pre-paid slips all year round.

I guess I like to live on the edge. :ohnoez:

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

I use Priority Mail boxes as packaging cardboard for raw comics if I ship them 1st class mail.

Yes.

The USPS doesn't provide these materials for free so that you can use them in non-Priority packages.

You really ought to know these things by now. It's not as if you just got into the comics business a month ago.

Is that when the person using steroids injects them while doing a cartwheel or something?

Win at all costs.

;)

I live in a country where the favourite sport goes untested for steroids etc. works for me.

(worship)

It is utter hypocrisy to maintain a "probation list" for people who rip off, cheat, steal, and otherwise do harm to others, while simultaneously completely turning a blind eye to stealing from Paypal because of whatever reason.

Well naturally. Stealing from Paypal is okay. Especially if it's rationalized by "helping out a boardie"

And to everyone, RMA is right about Paypal personal. You may not like that, you may not care but it is stealing from Paypal. That's indisputable. No different than those insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who used to charge outrageous shipping charges on ebay to avoid the fees.

eBay rips me off every time when I charge correctly for shipping.

I have to pay them 10% so I lose money. (shrug)

Jeffro is talking about the people who would charge $1 for a $500 item, and $499 for "shipping" (I tried this as well, 10-12 years ago or so, because I was stupid), so that they would only pay eBay on the $1, and not the "shipping."

What does "charge correctly" mean? Charge the exact amount? You don't have to do that. eBay certainly doesn't expect you to.

Those terms are stated upfront. You CHOOSE to accept them when you choose to use eBay. No one is forcing you to use eBay. If you can't make it work, that isn't really eBay's problem. But they aren't "ripping you off", except in a philosophical way (and I agree with you; but, see above.)

I don't like the 10% charge on shipping...but that just means I have to build that cost back into the price, or the cost. On most items, I charge $9 for flat rate Priority envelope shipping. That just about covers the costs. Some buyers whine, but most don't.

PS. Your "$1625 by PP Personal" comment is the latest catalyst for this conversation.

Oh you mean on that sales transaction that never happened or I got money from. Gotcha.

What about all the PMs sellers get when buyers offer to pay PP personal in their own verbiage?

Are they bad people as well?

lol

Yes, let's have contempt for doing the right thing by making light of the situation and referring to people as "bad people." "Those bad, naughty people. Shame on them!"

meh

Everyone is bad.

That doesn't mean you can't, or shouldn't, talk about doing the right thing.

If you're using Paypal personal to pay for something, you are participating in stealing from Paypal. If you want to steal from Paypal, man up and own it.

But don't be so shocked when people say something about it, or point out the hypocrisy of carefully maintaining a PL/HOS, while turning a blind eye to other theft, simply because Paypal doesn't come here and nominate people for the PL.

And (and I can't believe I'm saying this to a grown man in his 30's)...just because "everyone else" does it, doesn't mean it's ok for you to do.

Win at all costs.

;)

Why would they test for steroids in "Moose Mounting"?

Yes.

Is that when the person using steroids injects them while doing a cartwheel or something?

I have seen worse in the gym locker rooms here. haha

I guess everyone here declares all income and pays their taxes?

No, of course not.

But does that mean they shouldn't?

hm

So have you?

I think we all assuming from your high horse moral posts that you must account for every dollar right?

Win at all costs.

;)

When you do a google image search for "Moose Mounting" this is one of the things that turns up.

web_pages_i00007d.jpg

No, of course not.

hm

So have you?

I think we all assuming from your high horse moral posts that you must account for every dollar right?

That you characterize someone who says "hey...let's not steal from somebody, or at the very least, if you are going to steal, call it what it is, and don't be a hypocrite about it" as "high horse moral posts" just shows how little you care.

My standards aren't high. Far from it. It's just that your standards are so low, mine appear high. And you complain when someone even SUGGESTS that we all do the right thing.

And yes, SOT, I account for every dollar, as much as I possibly can.

And who is "we"? Do you have multiple people in your head?

If not, who are you speaking for? Was there a board spokesman election I missed? If not, speak for yourself, and let everyone else speak for themselves.

No, of course not.

hm

So have you?

That you characterize someone who says "hey...let's not steal from somebody, or at the very least, if you are going to steal, call it what it is, and don't be a hypocrite about it" as "high horse moral posts" just shows how little you care.

My standards aren't high. Far from it. It's just that your standards are so low, mine appear high. And you complain when someone even SUGGESTS that we all do the right thing.

And yes, SOT, I account for every dollar, as much as I possibly can.

And who is "we"? Do you have multiple people in your head?

If not, who are you speaking for? Was there a board spokesman election I missed? If not, speak for yourself, and let everyone else speak for themselves.

Who is SOT?

More often than not every one here that has sold on the boards has received a PP Personal payment as well as most comic book dealers off the boards.

Are they immoral in your eyes?

99% of the PP transaction yearly I receive are normal and maybe 1-3 per year come in as personal. If that is stealing than I should be punished.

Yes.

I think you don't care.

There's a difference.

Yes I obviously know they don't like it when you use Priority Mail boxes to pack 1st class or media mail package.

They can also kiss my arse for all the work I save them from having pre-paid slips all year round.

And it is this open, blatant contempt for the rights of others that is the issue.

"I don't give a damn about stealing from anybody, if *I* feel it's justified!"

You can be bought, SOT. And that's really the problem. Is it THAT big a deal if you use Priority mail supplies for non-Priority mail? No, in the grand scheme of things, it's not. But...it does mean that you compromise, that you justify, and if you're unfaithful in the little things...you will be unfaithful in the big things. The degree is irrelevant, compromise is compromise. You can be bought. You have a price.

I am not condemning or judging you...I'm trying to appeal to your reason. And, at the very least, trying to say "if you don't care, fine, you don't care. But don't complain if someone does it to you."

Does everyone here offer to pay tax on the purchases at conventions?

haha when that happens my eagles will win a superbowl.

Win at all costs.

;)

When you do a google image search for "Moose Mounting" this is one of the things that turns up.

web_pages_i00007d.jpg

I have actively avoided googling "Moose Mounting" along with any alternate colors for waffles.

Yes.

I think you don't care.

There's a difference.

And it is this open, blatant contempt for the rights of others that is the issue.

You can be bought, SOT. And that's really the problem. Is it THAT big a deal if you use Priority mail supplies for non-Priority mail? No, in the grand scheme of things, it's not. But...it does mean that you compromise, that you justify, and if you're unfaithful in the little things...you will be unfaithful in the big things. The degree is irrelevant, compromise is compromise. You can be bought. You have a price.

I am not condemning or judging you...I'm trying to appeal to your reason. And, at the very least, trying to say "if you don't care, fine, you don't care. But don't complain if someone does it to you."

million_zps3lkqkaxc.jpg

Yes.

I think you don't care.

There's a difference.

million_zps3lkqkaxc.jpg

If "price" means a monetary value then I will disagree. (thumbs u