• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

And thehumantorch...my oldest bud here...

And anyone else i know or may know in the future.

Now,ive spread some love,everyone stop talking about sex and being all horndoggie.i know its hot...outside...dont make me get the hose.

Question: Can you use the "Personal PayPal" option to pay someone that you consider a friend for a book?

:news: Here are answers from two different PayPal Customer Solutions representatives. :news:

osbt36.png

ol7if.png

I guess we can begin arguing definition of "friend" next. :popcorn:

Question: Can you use the "Personal PayPal" option to pay someone that you consider a friend for a book?

:news: Here are answers from two different PayPal Customer Solutions representatives. :news:

osbt36.png

ol7if.png

157066.jpg.e1361b2242200ded2c01094d26f1c3df.jpg

osbt36.png

ol7if.png

Looks to me like Paypal is complicit in facilitating thievery from itself.

I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise, but I think that would take a direct explicit statement from PayPal that it's indeed OK for me to use Personal to buy goods from a friend. I don't think that statement will be coming. :D

:o

:ohnoez:

:tonofbricks:

I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise, but I think that would take a direct explicit statement from PayPal that it's indeed OK for me to use Personal to buy goods from a friend. I don't think that statement will be coming. :D

lol

i don't believe it. I suspect Swick works for PayPal and coerced a few reps to write those responses.

^^ Not only is he a MOD on these boards. He also secretively works for PayPal. :whee:

You forgot President of eBay and Amazon. :grin:

The 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll

lol

Aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggghhhh.....how many $$$ have I squandered by insisting that my "friends" pay me via regular PayPal, even when they offered to pay me via Personal. Why, o why? :cry: It helped me sleep at night...I thought I was doing the right thing.... :cry::sick:

Wait...what is the definition of "friend," anyway? :shy: Anyone who trusts me enough to pay me via Personal must be my friend, right? :D

The only thing that still bugs me about that PayPal response is this bit: "But in the long run if the seller is doing these frequently then his PayPal account will be having some issues." Why would he be having issues? Too many friends? What kind of issues? hm

i don't believe it. I suspect Swick works for PayPal and coerced a few reps to write those responses.

^^ Not only is he a MOD on these boards. He also secretively works for PayPal. :whee:

You forgot President of eBay and Amazon. :grin:

The 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll

Bigfoot

The only thing that still bugs me about that PayPal response is this bit: "But in the long run if the seller is doing these frequently then his PayPal account will be having some issues." Why would he be having issues? Too many friends? What kind of issues? hm

Probably because if PP finds out a seller is abusing personal in this way, they will get shut down.

Probably because if PP finds out a seller is abusing personal in this way, they will get shut down.

That's exactly how I understood it.

That's exactly how I understood it.

But, if it's permitted behavior, how do you abuse it? What does "frequently" even mean? When does abuse begin?

Why can't they just state a clear policy, and interpret it consistently? :sumo: Surely there is someone who works at PayPal who can figure out how to do that... :frustrated: