• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

For the record, Roy is quiet as a mouse in person.

I'll disagree with that. hm

How many times have we seen each other in person? At least 10-12? Something like that, maybe more.

You are one of the people that's actually the same out there as I perceive you to be in here.

You speak the same way, say the same things. Maybe others don't have in depth conversations with you.

The only difference is your hair has turned from Black to White over the time we've known each other.

How many times have we seen each other in person? At least 10-12? Something like that, maybe more.

You are one of the people that's actually the same out there as I perceive you to be in here.

You speak the same way, say the same things. Maybe others don't have in depth conversations with you.

The only difference is your hair has turned from Black to White over the time we've known each other.

I have not seen him as often, but I'll agree he's the same...just a little taller than he is on here;)

I have not seen him as often, but I'll agree he's the same...just a little taller than he is on here;)

I'm nicer in person.

I think you and I met once at a Toronto show, right? Sorry, if I don't recall it exactly.

Have we ever had any dealings?

Many through 3rd parties. We've "met" half a dozen times or so. The discrepancy is greatest between the boards and the 3rd parties. Not as much in our dealings.

OK, so I probably know you by face but not by your Branget / JD board ID. Sometimes it's hard to keep faces associated with board names unless I interact with them regularly - I'm sure you can understand that.

So just to be clear, you don't have a problem with me directly, you just have a problem with what someone else may have said about me. Well that's unfortunate.

I'm nicer in person.

Understatement of the year.

When you post nearly 80,000 posts on a chat forum and then spend your entire year interacting with those same people when you're not on here it's tough to be any different.

Last week I counted the cities I've been to this year. I've been to 41 cities (that's 41 cities in 9 1/2 months) and met and interacted with board members in nearly every one of them.

I think Comicdonna just saw me in NYC when I was hung over and extrapolated on my persona. I'm definitely not quiet. lol

I think you and I met once at a Toronto show, right? Sorry, if I don't recall it exactly.

Have we ever had any dealings?

Many through 3rd parties. We've "met" half a dozen times or so. The discrepancy is greatest between the boards and the 3rd parties. Not as much in our dealings.

OK, so I probably know you by face but not by your Branget / JD board ID. Sometimes it's hard to keep faces associated with board names unless I interact with them regularly - I'm sure you can understand that.

So just to be clear, you don't have a problem with me directly, you just have a problem with what someone else may have said about me. Well that's unfortunate.

Yes it is. I did invite you to lunch. ;)

Curious about this question I am deflecting. (shrug)

I didn't say you were avoiding a question, you kept deflecting the conversation and moving the goal posts. Maybe it was unintentional, maybe it wasn't.

The point is that some comments just don't belong in a public transaction.

And for what it's worth, I agree with CBT that there could be merit in the debate itself but I don't think there is any merit in posting 'man, that went for a steal' in a public sales thread, much in the way it wouldn't be prudent to do it at someone's con booth right as a sale is consummated.

Anyhow, this debate seems to be a dead horse now. Let's talk about me. :D

you are in reductio ad absudum or whatever it is territory now

I make the same points whether it's in public or on a chat forum. What I find is that it's others that don't.

I'm not sure if you have a beef with me. I certainly don't have one with you.

It's actually funny you say that. I often see a disparity between your board persona and local rumours. If you ever wondered where my comments come from, that is it. (thumbs u

A disparity, you say? hm

Yes, which tends to be one of my pet peeves.

Well, now that we've PM'd about this, it seems that the main root of JD's pet peeve was just another misunderstanding.

JD was visiting my local comic store a while back and saw me introduce the owner as 'my friend' to someone and when I walked away, he the owner said that he 'wasn't actually my friend'.

Only he's one of my best friends in the entire world AND also happens to have a very dry sense of humor. lol

There you have folks, another juicy Roy tidbit exposed, cremated and buried. :headbang:

Transplant, sorry to disappoint you. Your apology is accepted. :foryou:

you are in reductio ad absudum or whatever it is territory now

I make the same points whether it's in public or on a chat forum. What I find is that it's others that don't.

I'm not sure if you have a beef with me. I certainly don't have one with you.

It's actually funny you say that. I often see a disparity between your board persona and local rumours. If you ever wondered where my comments come from, that is it. (thumbs u

A disparity, you say? hm

Yes, which tends to be one of my pet peeves.

Well, now that we've PM'd about this, it seems that the main root of JD's pet peeve was just another misunderstanding.

JD was visiting my local comic store a while back and saw me introduce the owner as 'my friend' to someone and when I walked away, he the owner said that he 'wasn't actually my friend'.

Only he's one of my best friends in the entire world AND also happens to have a very dry sense of humor. lol

There you have folks, another juicy Roy tidbit exposed, cremated and buried. :headbang:

Transplant, sorry to disappoint you. Your apology is accepted. :foryou:

I was just curious what the disparity was. I didn't say, here, that you were anything other than exactly what you represent yourself to be.

Looks like the rumors of the tempest in a teapot being over were greatly exaggerated.

And to think, I was just starting to trust what you say.

sad_alone_rain-100038025-orig.gif