• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8946829&fpart=2

look who's giving out selling tips. pretty sure people can set their own terms in their own sales.

t6285.jpg

I hope he finally mailed out those books before giving these great words of advice.

Pro-Tips wait for NO MAN!!!

I appreciate the advice and was planning on doing just that. I'll give it a week. I'd rather not have to add more boring rules to my sales threads because of one (potential) bad apple. I like the casual camaraderie of so many sales threads here.

Thanks once again! :foryou:

Further to that I'll add that in my own case I lurked and never created an account for months, the only reason I signed up was because I was seriously considering buying something. I ended up not doing it but I was real close to being a first post/takeit guy so I can understand why it might happen.

2c

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8946829&fpart=2

look who's giving out selling tips. pretty sure people can set their own terms in their own sales.

t6285.jpg

I hope he finally mailed out those books before giving these great words of advice.

If you look in the Probation thread you will see that he sent out the slab, four days later, via media mail. :facepalm:

t6285.jpg

If you look in the Probation thread you will see that he sent out the slab, four days later, via media mail. :facepalm:

I feel bad for the buyer, but this is turning into a classic.

Just a tip:

A lot of foreign buyers are more likely to pay a higher price for books than domestic buyers, as a lot of sellers do not offer international shipping.

As long as you use e-con delivery confirmation or signature confirmation on an international order, you are covered.

If it is a higher dollar book, have the buyer pay for insurance.

That's not the way I like to play just a tip. (tsk)

I got this for my girlfriend at NYCC, she loved it lol

Archer_Tip_Black_Shirt2_POP.jpg

lol - that was great... that was a "gotta get that gotta get that gotta get that" moment. I have watched a few segments of Archer since then just because of that purchase to see what it is all about.

Edited by Buzzetta

I appreciate the advice and was planning on doing just that. I'll give it a week. I'd rather not have to add more boring rules to my sales threads because of one (potential) bad apple. I like the casual camaraderie of so many sales threads here.

Thanks once again! :foryou:

Further to that I'll add that in my own case I lurked and never created an account for months, the only reason I signed up was because I was seriously considering buying something. I ended up not doing it but I was real close to being a first post/takeit guy so I can understand why it might happen.

2c

Valid point. Although I have been here 10 years I only recently started contributing to the chatter. I lurked for almost a year before registering and it only took 9 years to start "building a rep." :shy:

Patience is a virtue. Worst case scenario I have to cancel a $20 order :ohnoez:

Thanks for the input!

t6285.jpg

doh!

t6285.jpg

doh!

The hits just keep on coming. This guy can't get out of his own way

Quick question/scenario:

I purchased books from the forum. In transit the package is busted up by the USPS.

Who is responsible for the books as they make their way from seller to buyer? Who assumes the "risk" with a low shipping cost? The buyer or the seller?

As a seller, I would feel obligated to make sure the buyer is taken care of.

unless specifically otherwise stated AHEAD of time.

Yes the default is the seller's responsibility, however, I have seen some sellers qualify that in the case of media mail, which I understand can be opened by the PO. Is "low shipping cost" here referring to media mail?

In my case "low shipping cost" equals Media Mail (which I was not told about), a bubble mailer, and a single piece of cut-up USPS Priority box for cardboard. I was told about the bubble mailer, but "thick" cardboard was noted in the listing; if I can bend w/o any pressure, it's not thick cardboard.

Overall not a high-dollar transaction; I just don't feel like getting blamed for damaged comics when I hadn't even touched them b/c I didn't spend more to "upgrade" to a box.

Yep, it's on the seller unless the buyer made some demand to send it media mail and explicitly agreed to accept the responsibility for any damage because of that choice.

In your case they've got to pack it well enough to make it to the destination and use the proper method of shipping.

Any update?

Quick question/scenario:

I purchased books from the forum. In transit the package is busted up by the USPS.

Who is responsible for the books as they make their way from seller to buyer? Who assumes the "risk" with a low shipping cost? The buyer or the seller?

Yes the default is the seller's responsibility, however, I have seen some sellers qualify that in the case of media mail, which I understand can be opened by the PO. Is "low shipping cost" here referring to media mail?

In my case "low shipping cost" equals Media Mail (which I was not told about), a bubble mailer, and a single piece of cut-up USPS Priority box for cardboard. I was told about the bubble mailer, but "thick" cardboard was noted in the listing; if I can bend w/o any pressure, it's not thick cardboard.

Overall not a high-dollar transaction; I just don't feel like getting blamed for damaged comics when I hadn't even touched them b/c I didn't spend more to "upgrade" to a box.

Yep, it's on the seller unless the buyer made some demand to send it media mail and explicitly agreed to accept the responsibility for any damage because of that choice.

In your case they've got to pack it well enough to make it to the destination and use the proper method of shipping.

Any update?

He might be too busy picking out raw 9.9's and 10's to submit.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder how it turned out?

Obviously he shipped them to CGC via Media Mail and they got damaged to the point of being lowly 9.8's.

Quick question/scenario:

Any update?

That ain't me. I'm the one who gets $100 when CAK actually submits his 9.9 comics and they come back less than expected.

i.e. a free $100.

As to my topic, it was worked out for both of us. Gave the seller some pointers and links; we'll see how it goes next time.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8948964&fpart=1

more awesome advice dispensed, now with unsolicited reports of self sales!

I don't know...but I think we should ask him about his puppet references.

I don't know...but I think we should ask him about his puppet references.

t8emh.gif