• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

You said you met in person to do a deal with Steve. Is it possible you did something during or after that deal that may be a factor in what ever this rift or problem he may have with you?

Of course. And if I did or said something out of line (and I have no idea what; I wasn't particularly thrilled with the interaction, but it wasn't generally negative, either...it was just a deal with some casual chit-chat), how could I possibly make amends if I don't know what needs to be amended? And what good is speculation, when the person with the answers is withholding them? It's a waste of time.

We've spent more than enough time on it, the answer isn't forthcoming, clearly, so we shall do what comic nerds (and people in general) always do, and leave things unresolved, with no chance of resolution.

Don't worry RMA, he has me on ignore too. And between you and I, we're certainly not missing a damn thing.

how does ignore work? if you ignore them, I'm sure you can't see what they're posting. but can they still see what you're posting?

Same with POV, whose response only confirmed what I had to say, with no hope of reconciliation at this time.

Unfortunate, but that's reality.

RMA, just let it go. I had no idea this was such a sore spot with you. The sad part is in the middle of my explaining to you what was going on in my head you abruptly ceased our back and forth, deleted the PM on your end, and immediately ignored me. So how does one reconcile when that happens? (You keep mentioning reconciliation so I ask).

POV

:facepalm:

That was about the most transparent "I know you are, but what am I?" responses I've seen, and then compounded with further invitation to dialogue.

Anyone paying attention can see where the sore spot lies. I didn't open this conversation with you, after all. You asked a question, you were given an answer. You didn't like the answer, so I explained it for you in greater detail. My proclivity for over-explanation should not be construed as a "sore spot." I'll overexplain anything, as I'm sure you and many others well know.

To answer your further question: one reconciles by understanding ones own part in the problem, mixing it with time, and having a willingness to say that maybe the other party wasn't all wrong, that you might share some responsibility for the breakdown.

For all the "Oh wells", hm 's, and "waste of time" comments, RMA, you sure are caught up in replying to every iota of criticism. As someone with no history in any of this, it sure does look like a lot of ball-scratching.

meh

You have no history in "this", but you certainly have history where I'm concerned, and you are hardly an unbiased source.

Or do you think no one on this message board can read between your lines?

hm

Oh, and context, as always, is everything....a concept you don't like when it doesn't suit you.

Same with POV, whose response only confirmed what I had to say, with no hope of reconciliation at this time.

Unfortunate, but that's reality.

RMA, just let it go. I had no idea this was such a sore spot with you. The sad part is in the middle of my explaining to you what was going on in my head you abruptly ceased our back and forth, deleted the PM on your end, and immediately ignored me. So how does one reconcile when that happens? (You keep mentioning reconciliation so I ask).

POV

:facepalm:

That was about the most transparent "I know you are, but what am I?" responses I've seen, and then compounded with further invitation to dialogue.

Anyone paying attention can see where the sore spot lies. I didn't open this conversation with you, after all. You asked a question, you were given an answer. You didn't like the answer, so I explained it for you in greater detail. My proclivity for over-explanation should not be construed as a "sore spot." I'll overexplain anything, as I'm sure you and many others well know.

To answer your further question: one reconciles by understanding ones own part in the problem, mixing it with time, and having a willingness to say that maybe the other party wasn't all wrong, that you might share some responsibility for the breakdown.

I know you are but what am I? :roflmao:

'Don't you think I know that 1,366 people on this site have me on Ignore?'

Decker.jpg

That Commodore emblem looks like a pretzel

It's an all out of shape .

I don't think Starfleet Command would approve of that

Decker.jpg

I think it might be an alternate universe type of thing.

Decker.jpg

Possibly but in that case it would have a beard

Decker.jpg

Possibly but in that case it would have a beard

He's got a bit of stubble.

I accidentally put someone on ignore when I first started here and it took me like 6 months to fix it. Keep in mind I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person so that probably didn't help.

I accidentally put someone on ignore when I first started here and it took me like 6 months to fix it. Keep in mind I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person so that probably didn't help.

Yes, but you're a funny insufficiently_thoughtful_person, so...all good.

;)