• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'm not on anyone's ignore

Not that I know of

:whee:

Everyone loves me!

I love you Hector

I've always loved you.

Nobody will ever love you like I do....

...and that's why I have to put you on ignore

wife-writes-final-letter-2_zpslv11g8te.jpg

Try sending them a PM. If you can't, you're on ignore.

PM's whole fourm

I am only up to the 'E's... The people in the coin forum are not amused.

Whenever I sell a book that is pieced together I fully disclose the book as such. As I did with the action 23 that was posted last week. What I do not do is trim, color touch or restore books. If there is primitave resto I can remove without causing harm, that I will do. In case of this s cap, I fully disclosed the piece was removed. I did miss the missing piece in the interior. There was a better way to notify me rather than post on my thread, but you've had a vendetta against me for some time it seems.

I would love to chat about it at comic art con if you're attending.

lolClearly you can't be trusted. I avoid your sales threads and I'm sure I'm not alone.

+1 (Lack of full disclosure from a greedy flipper who rationalizes away scenarios = Ignore)

Speaking of ignore, it's always interesting seeing who has you on ignore, especially when you don't know of any specific issue or problem between the two of you, and you've done business with before and met in person.

I suppose, however, when you take strong stands and make your opinion known, people will be bound to have problems with it.

Curiosity, of course, plays a part, because you want to know what it was that you said or did, but generally, you don't find out.

Oh well.

Pot meet kettle. (thumbs u

Oh, you want to do this publicly, then...?

I've got nothing to hide. How about you?

I'll answer anyone who wants to know why I've put them on ignore.

Do what exactly? You were an to me in Phoenix for reasons you've imagined and I decided it wasn't worth my time. Not much to it. (shrug)

I was looking forward to seeing you. :facepalm:

Ok, let's do this, then.

Last year, you and I spoke at the Amazing AZ con about pressing and other things. I encouraged you to buy an 8.5 slabbed Walking Dead #1, and said I would be willing to do the work on it. I told you I wasn't a "pump and dump" mill, that I couldn't press large scale numbers of modern books, but that I was happy to do higher value, better quality books, if I could have the time to do them properly. You agreed to let me do the work.

I did the work on it. It got a 9.6. That's a pretty phenomenal bump, all things considered.

I asked you to leave me kudos about it, because that is precisely the kind of hard data that folks like to see..."it was a CGC this, and became a CGC that."

You didn't.

Not that you were obligated to in any way, by any means; I've had plenty of customers who prefer to remain anonymous, but they at least give the courtesy of explaining that. You did not.

However, in the meantime, you sent me three more Walking Dead #1s to work on, which I was glad to do. However, after only having them a short time, you sent me a PM asking if I could have them by "such and such a convention" (which was, I believe, a week or two away at the time.)

I told you that I couldn't, and without further explanation, you asked me to ship the books back to you...which wouldn't have been a problem, if I hadn't very carefully explained to you, at great length and detail, that what I do isn't like what other pressers do, and it takes time...likely a few months, with all the other work I was doing.

That wasn't a problem with your first books. You gave them to me at Amazing AZ in Feb, and I gave them to the person you designated at the Phx Comicon at the end of May.

But, after having your other books, you pulled them, with no reason given other than the "can you have them by thus and such a date?" after I had already told you that I don't work that way, and which had been fine on the first go-round.

Ok, fine, not really that big a deal...until this:

I only saw it on Jaydog's side but I admit I don't read

RMA's posts.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8959146

There are a lot of people who don't read my posts...no biggie. But you're going to post that, and then wonder why I don't want to interact with you...? Seriously...? I get a lot of mess on this board...again, no problem, I expect it, if not encourage it. But for someone who claims he was "looking forward to seeing me" to encourage people against me like that (whether you see it that way or not isn't relevant; people who don't like me were encouraged by your statement), and you have to wonder that I didn't want to deal with you?

Strange, odd standards, but pretty usual for Branget.

I had zero interest in interacting with you, and it is only unfortunate circumstance that you happened to be where I also happened to be. You would have thought you would have gotten the hint, but you didn't. I do not like, or appreciate, confrontation in person, and avoid it if I can. You had to make it awkward by continuing to try to engage me, when I made it beyond clear that I wasn't interested.

Then, as the pièce de résistance, you send me a PM while I'm out of state with essentially no internet access, then remove yourself before giving me the chance to explain all of this privately, because you immediately put me on ignore. You decided, without bothering to investigate, that I was just going to ignore your PM (which I still haven't red; I saw you removed yourself and put me on ignore, cutting off all communication, so there was no need.)

Finally, you call me a hypocrite publicly for not telling you why I'm ignoring you, when it should have been abundantly clear from this post in response to you back in November:

Since you admit you don't read what I post, should I not respond to yours? Serious question. Although, there's a bit of a catch-22, there, admittedly. If you don't read my posts, you won't read this, and I'll never get my answer.

To which you replied, in no uncertain terms whatsoever:

Yes, I would prefer no response. (thumbs u

...and yet, here we are, with you being offended when I take you at your word.

I would have been happy to explain all this privately, or not explained it at all, until you called me a hypocrite publicly. This is all really unnecessary melodrama. None of this needed to be said publicly. Since I have explained to you why I ignored you, no, no "pot meet kettle."

And that, as they say, is that.

3 sides to every story and all that, but looking from the outside in I would say...

pwned! :devil:

I thought I only had 3 people on ignore but when ThatPovGuy showed up again I was ignoring him! I toggled for a while and have re-nored as I have no clue why or when I put him on ignore. Really surprised me. Unless he is Nat Gertler! :o

Being not really a prolific poster, this information probably has little value but I don't typically block people who disagree with me about frivolous things (comics, artists, the comic market etc), but I do find myself blocking a lot of people and it's not something I think much about, I see it, and I block.

Mostly I block people who have and share what I view as deplorable views, and find ways to strongly showcase them on what are mostly comic book forums (I do not participate in the other venues).That isn't to say those people might not have good or even the best information, but I use the forums as recreation and I wouldn't hang out with someone of that nature by choice outside of these forums, and choose not to deal with them to the extent I can online. I just don't like being associated with it.

I've only blocked one person for other reasons, though even they sometimes say dumb things, but it's mostly because they post A LOT and never say anything, repeatedly, and it's just a waste of time. It's totally innocent, not personal, it's just the post/thought ratio is hovering around zero yet people still seem to entertain them as if they were some kind of mascot or pet lol.

Being not really a prolific poster, this information probably has little value but I don't typically block people who disagree with me about frivolous things (comics, artists, the comic market etc), but I do find myself blocking a lot of people and it's not something I think much about, I see it, and I block.

Mostly I block people who have and share what I view as deplorable views, and find ways to strongly showcase them on what are mostly comic book forums (I do not participate in the other venues).That isn't to say those people might not have good or even the best information, but I use the forums as recreation and I wouldn't hang out with someone of that nature by choice outside of these forums, and choose not to deal with them to the extent I can online. I just don't like being associated with it.

I've only blocked one person for other reasons, though even they sometimes say dumb things, but it's mostly because they post A LOT and never say anything, repeatedly, and it's just a waste of time. It's totally innocent, not personal, it's just the post/thought ratio is hovering around zero yet people still seem to entertain them as if they were some kind of mascot or pet lol.

It's ok, you can just say Kav! :D

Sometimes an ignore isn't anything personal. I've put people on ignore when their sig line is the size of Nebraska, or has enough flashing animated gifs to induce a seizure, etc.

I don't want to block ALL siglines, so that doesn't leave a ton of options.

Yeah, there is one guy selling in the sales thread right now whos sig line is so big its a bit overwhelming. Its not even worth having to scroll past it every post to see what is actually being sold.

Sometimes an ignore isn't anything personal. I've put people on ignore when their sig line is the size of Nebraska, or has enough flashing animated gifs to induce a seizure, etc.

I don't want to block ALL siglines, so that doesn't leave a ton of options.

Oh yeah, this. I'd be good with never seeing a sig line again, minus something of function like people linking kudos threads if that is their thing.

Asking RMA to lay out an argument ...

...filled with rambling self-righteous indignation and a distinct lack of self-awareness is like....

GoodbyeCruelWorld.jpg

Which is still no explanation, but it's a start. I doubt I'll get anything specific, but it's nice to know at least part of the reason.

Sacentaur knew, or should have known, who I was long before we met in person in 2013 to do a deal. I have never had an issue with sacentaur and have no idea why he would be interested in meeting with me, and doing a deal with me, if he felt this way, and I have never said anything negative to or about him to anyone before, ever, to my knowledge. And if he didn't feel this way beforehand, he sure didn't do his homework.

It's not as if I didn't flap my gums enough to get a read on who I was beforehand. It's hardly a secret, after all.

meh

"Distinct lack of self-awareness"...right. You'll not find many people as open and honest about who they are, and how they are perceived, examples given even in my post to Branget here, yet the accusation of a "distinct lack of self-awareness" comes nonetheless.

I think the lack of self-awareness doesn't really lie in my court.

Anyhoo, question mostly answered.

Oh, you want to do this publicly, then...?

I've got nothing to hide. How about you?

I'll answer anyone who wants to know why I've put them on ignore.

I'm game. Why did you put me on ignore?

Because I don't like the way you talk to people, myself included. I've told you this before. Why do you care?

You don't like the way I talk to people? So three months before you put me on ignore you told me: "I have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect for you, as opposed to many others that I have very little respect for. You try very hard to understand where people are coming from, and you don't resort to childish taunts (like so many) when someone challenges your dearly held notions."

Few observations:

1. Why does it matter so much to you that someone on the internet, someone you've never met, and will never meet, and with whom you do not see eye to eye, puts you on ignore? Is your life poorer because I put you on ignore? Many around here would say "God NO!"

Why is it so terribly important to you? I don't have the date...clearly, you do...but this all happened YEARS AND YEARS ago. Like, what, 2009? 2010?

2. I did, in fact, have a tremendous amount of respect for you. Still do, in some respects. Funny, how people don't really fit into neat boxes.

3. A lot of things can change in three months. Three months is a veritable eternity on a message board. Obviously, things changed in those three months.

And the day you put me on ignore you told me: "I'm sending this to you because I have had a great deal of respect for you and your opinions."

So I am not sure where this repeated "I don't like the way you talk to people, including me" comes from.

Because that's my perspective. It comes from me. You don't have to justify yourself to anyone, and likewise, neither do I. Right?

Don't I have that right, regardless of whether anyone else thinks it's legitimate or not?

What I have NOT seen from you, Pov, is any move towards reconciliation, if you care.

The real reason is I told you I had been avoiding interaction after you accused me of issuing you a "challenge" when I was expressing my opinion on a general subject. For some reason you took that opinion personally and somehow as an attack.

Could be; I am an oversensitive, easily offended jerk. Surprise! :hi: I try very, very hard to not assume the worst about questionable comments, and I fail a lot of the time.

Does that mean your comment wasn't an attack? Don't know, because I don't remember the details. I also try very hard not to carry this stuff around with me.

I was startled to discover, for example, that there were people on the eBay chat board...Johnny-come-latelies, but still...who hated me, and I had no idea. When, many, many years later, I discovered them here, I had no idea there was this animosity towards me because, generally, for the first three years or so of that board, all of us got along fairly well...or maybe I'm candy-coating my memories, who knows? All I know is that I didn't really have a problem with anyone there, except maybe Win, and even that was just back-and-forth (in my mind, at least.)

The question I have for you, is, if you care (and you certainly don't have to), is it that hard to say "ok, maybe I was out of line, maybe I did say something wrong, maybe I said something that could have been taken the wrong way even if I didn't intend it that way, maybe I pushed a button I shouldn't have."

And maybe...just maybe...you, rather than I, were the one who took things personally, that you were the one who was oversensitive in that instance, and maybe we BOTH have some apologizing to do...?

No, there's been none of that. It's just "you thought I said something offensive, and I didn't, and you have no right to be mad at me. You're in the wrong, RMA, not me."

How far does that get us....?

hm

The reason I care is you consistently, after your long emoticon period, make rather pedantic posts about how you are a speaker of truth. Yet you cannot get this little truth right. And that, like any hypocrisy, irritates me.

And you wonder why I put you on ignore...?

Really..?

hm

Lack of self-awareness, Pov, seems to be the order of the day around here.

Hypocrisy doesn't mean that I (apparently) changed my reason for ignoring you. Far from it. Hypocrisy means that I condemn others for doing the very same thing that I do. And that, I did not do.

If you want to call me a hypocrite AND a liar, I will simply tell you that there is no fundamental difference between "I don't like how you talk to people, myself included" and "you withdrew from interacting with me because I didn't like what you said about something, and accused you of challenging me." They are two halves of the same coin, if not even the same side.

Both of those spring from the same thing: "I don't like what you say, and how you say it."

That is not dishonesty, and it certainly doesn't make it hypocrisy. It's the same thing, expressed with different words.

Frankly, POV, this all is half a decade old, or older. Why you still care is beyond me. Trust me...as many will happily attest, I'm not worth carrying this around with you. No one is.

Finally...if I had already given you this answer, why are you asking again...? To try and "trap" me in some inconsistency, and point out what a fraud I am?

Surprise again! We're all frauds, all in our own special little ways. But your accusation doesn't hold on this one.

And unless you can see your way around to saying "ok, maybe I was out of line, maybe RMA has a point, maybe I have something to apologize for, too"...and God knows, you certainly have absolutely no obligation to even think so, much less do so...then, I don't see that changing any time soon.