• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Whatever happened to that dude w/the rap video of himself in his sig line?

I think he got high and some how deleted it.

I'm sure at least half of this sentence is true.

Post a link to your humble apology and I will apologize and meme myself.

I've already had to do it once today.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7938658&fpart=1

I stand by my original assessment, but I apologize to you for lackluster meme performance.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7938658&fpart=1

I stand by my original assessment, but I apologize to you for lackluster meme performance.

You could always trot out a classic.....when appropriate.

ku9x6.jpg

Maybe I should change it to - :takeit:IN the Thread Trumps ANY and ALL PM's

Maybe you should at least be consistent. I just now searched and you do both "all PMs" and "all PM negotiations". But it's your sales thread and your idiotic policy to begin with. It's what caused a kerfuffle when we worked out a deal via PM before someone posted a :takeit: in the thread and you refused to honor the deal. Not that I have to worry about it as I'll never do business with you again nor will, according to PMs I've gotten, several other people on here. But stick with whatever works out best for you.

Still?? :facepalm:

Oh no - You and your "PM buddies" won't buy from me :fear:

You know, if you showed a little remorse and understanding, even if you don't agree with Tranny's position, it might go better for you.

Instead of mockery, why not "You know, I'm sorry that deal didn't work out better. I may not agree with your position, but I know it didn't sit well with you, and I'm genuinely sorry about that. I'll try to do better with others going forward."...?

hm

That way, if Tranny still brings it up, he, and not you, would end up looking like a tool, and Tranny's ok with looking like a tool.

:whistle:

No remorse?? I extended the Olive Branch publically and humbly apologized for the way the deal went down, to which he did not accept.

I'm sure there are more snotty remarks between then and now, I just happened to see this one.

You've missed the point. The point isn't to apologize once, and then say "oh, well, I already apologized, so now if it's brought up again, I'll be a jerk about it."

The point is to have an attitude of conciliation that doesn't have an expiration date, whether the other party accepts it or not.

Being snide about it several months down the road just proves that your apology wasn't really meant at the time, and you not only don't think you did anything at all wrong, but that even the situation wasn't worth being upset about in the first place.

Clearly, basic reason tells us that when someone loses out on something they wanted, and they don't feel it was handled fairly, they're going to be annoyed about it. Now, it just looks like all the criticism of you in the first place was justified.

Sometimes, you just have to suck up your ego and take what comes with grace and patience.

That wasn't an apology.

An apology recognizes that *YOU* did something to upset someone else, regardless of the other party's response.

Real apologies are never, ever, ever contingent on the other party accepting them.

If they are, then they aren't genuine.

I effed up. I created my rules hoping to avoid confusion, but in the end I actually ended up making things more confusing. That is my responsibility. As a result, I'm not sure there was a 'right' way to go, but ultimately I had to choose. I chose the way that I thought was 'more right', and while I stand behind that decision, I completely understand your frustration with situation, and I can and do see things from your side, which is more than reasonable. I'm really sorry I created this situation, especially to you and the other customers. I will make my rules more clear in the future.

Again, I apologize. I hope you can understand that I'm trying to sort out an effed up situation I created.

Took me 45 seconds to write the above. 30 seconds of editing. Could have saved 112 pages of threads and months of butthurt.

Hell people can just cut and paste that into any number of threads where this happens.

I effed up. I created my rules hoping to avoid confusion, but in the end I actually ended up making things more confusing. That is my responsibility. As a result, I'm not sure there was a 'right' way to go, but ultimately I had to choose. I chose the way that I thought was 'more right', and while I stand behind that decision, I completely understand your frustration with situation, and I can and do see things from your side, which is more than reasonable. I'm really sorry I created this situation, especially to you and the other customers. I will make my rules more clear in the future.

Again, I apologize. I hope you can understand that I'm trying to sort out an effed up situation I created.

Took me 45 seconds to write the above. 30 seconds of editing. Could have saved 112 pages of threads and months of butthurt.

Hell people can just cut and paste that into any number of threads where this happens.

Note: In business, especially sales or retail, its not always about being right, or even doing right, but usually about letting your customers know that you CARE about them, and that you hope to do things MORE RIGHT going forward (whether you mean it or not). No one expects you to get everything right every time, and sometimes you'll be put in a lose-lose. THat isn't lost on customers if you have the right attitude.

That wasn't an apology.

An apology recognizes that *YOU* did something to upset someone else, regardless of the other party's response.

Real apologies are never, ever, ever contingent on the other party accepting them.

I just spent 20 minutes re-reading that thread. That was some good stuff.

That wasn't an apology.

I just spent 20 minutes re-reading that thread. That was some good stuff.

I'm glad it wasn't "poofed."