• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

:applause:

:gossip: This is the right thing to do.

The points game is fun, but we have to use sense and reason as well. That thread will likely get points, but I sure don't want to be a part of that mess.

That was an unfortunate sales thread that got reamed right from the start. Sure, his price was high, but the treatment against him was unfair.

There's a boardie who is pushing and prodding him in his own sales thread, claiming he's protecting the community against overpaying. Cal isn't on the probation list, he's just priced his comic book highly. See the high price, shake your head if you want, and then just move along.

I didn't create the locked thread points challenge, I just started the thread. However, I can't help but feel partly responsible when things like this start happening. Pile on Cal for points? Sad, but it happens. Pile on Cal for points, in his frikken sales thread? Man o' man. :facepalm: I'm embarrassed.

People can price their stuff at whatever they want. If boardies don't like the price don't buy it. Yes, Cal is a magnet for abuse but it's come to the point of bullying.

Since Larry has been mentioned, and for full disclosures sake,I think its well known I can't stand the guy OR his products, can I ask a question?

Why is he allowed to make 75% of his posts selling posts?

If posting a pic of a new virus variant isn't a blatant "Come and buy this" post then call me Albert.

It's plain wrong and he does it week after week.

The level of abuse he gives out,without any obvious form of censure is also jaw-dropping.

He's one of a select few that can seemingly do what the hell they like without recourse.

The Hulk44 strike was a classic example of another boardie,goading and goading until a response was achieved,then as usual, said person humped the mod button like a serial sex offender.

Strikes should be handed down regardless of 'status' surely?

Thoughts anyone please?

Wow just went back to the Sales thread that Larry krapped on (Guardians of the Galaxy Phantom variant presale) and its now clean as the driven snow.

No threats, no nothing..... just the OP and one sale listing.

wonder who coerced that clean sweep....

I certainly hope a strike was handed out (to Larry for crapping in a thread where a seller was selling the same book as him but at a lower price), but my pessimism doubts it happened.

So now we have newbies posting their books for sale in other people's sales threads? doh!

An I.Q. test really should be a requirement before somebody can post in the sales forums. :facepalm:

link?

So now we have newbies posting their books for sale in other people's sales threads? doh!

An I.Q. test really should be a requirement before somebody can post in the sales forums. :facepalm:

link?

To the sales thread or the I.Q. test? hm

I am having a hard time deciding which meme to go with:

salesthread_zpsc102da92.jpg

salesthread2_zpsda65ddd2.jpg

or #3

salesthread3_zpsd827e328.jpg