• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Your posts are kind of an additional slap in the face to the people who were screwed by someone on that list.[/color]

Not trying to slap anyone's face blu.....went the extra mile to make amends if you read the rest of the thread....had some fun whilst doing so.

I apologize if I wasn't aware of the inflammatory nature of HOS/Probies for the purposes of my sale thread. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Won't happen again.

I read it, I thought you were being sarcastic, but if you were not...then... :foryou:

Your posts are kind of an additional slap in the face to the people who were screwed by someone on that list.[/color]

Not trying to slap anyone's face blu.....went the extra mile to make amends if you read the rest of the thread....had some fun whilst doing so.

I apologize if I wasn't aware of the inflammatory nature of HOS/Probies for the purposes of my sale thread. Now I know, and knowing is half the battle.

Won't happen again.

I read it, I thought you were being sarcastic, but if you were not...then... :foryou:

I guess it may be construed as sarcastic...but a really warm, fuzzy kind of way.

Although I will tell you that my Spidey sense is tingling about some diapers being on too tight.

If I really wanted to take a dump on the boards I'd stick to my guns and sell to the devil himself....but instead I left my original commentary and as the thread progressed changed the terms. If anyone thinks I deliberately pulled some sorta fast one to chap boardies, you're wronger than wrong...and hopefully now you know it wasn't my intent.

Won't happen again.

I guess it may be construed as sarcastic...but a really warm, fuzzy kind of way.

Although I will tell you that my Spidey sense is tingling about some diapers being on too tight.

If I really wanted to take a dump on the boards I'd stick to my guns and sell to the devil himself....but instead I left my original commentary and as the thread progressed changed the terms. If anyone thinks I deliberately pulled some sorta fast one to chap boardies, you're wronger than wrong...and hopefully now you know it wasn't my intent.

There is an old saying...it's true..."You catch more flies with honey"...and here, your rep is important.

If you are serious, you can amend that first post...

and I'm a little too old and yet too young for diapers.. I am however guilty of trying to get along with most people;) .never tossed spitballs out of a bus window either;)

Won't happen again.

There is an old saying...it's true..."You catch more flies with honey"...and here, your rep is important.

If you are serious, you can amend that first post...

and I'm a little too old and yet too young for diapers.. I am however guilty of trying to get along with most people;) .never tossed spitballs out of a bus window either;)

Huh, he actually didn't change that first post! I thought he said he did... :shrug:

Not unless it said something worse than this before...

I'm not going to put disclaimers here about probies or HOS simply because you're paying for the item up front and the same day as a :takeit:. If I don't receive payment, it doesn't ship and the next person with a :takeit: gets it. Everyone deserves a second chance IMHO. I don't see any problems with that and this isn't an emergency sale for me. I can let this book sit forever. No worries, be happy!

Looks like he added this...:shrug:

I did read the rules before posting this, and unless I've completely misconstrued them I don't see anything inappropriate about this listing here. If I'm incorrect, please let me know what the offense is and I'll be happy to redact it. No need for nuns smacking my knuckles with rulers or a dunce cap. If you've been around the block more than the Good Humor man then great for you, I'd love some tutelage. There's a nice way to do that and then there's the assbag way, so hopefully you'll choose the former if necessary.

Blu: I didn't just add that....lol. If there's any more conspiracy talk here I'm gonna jump out a window...LMAO.

If there's any question about that little paragraph at the end....the thread was previously in the Ebay area.....

Brock from Columbia Comics came in last night and said it couldn't be both on the bay and here as well....so I yanked it from the Bay.

Then he said it would get more traffic in the Bronze area....so with his suggestion I moved the thread.

He knows the original post and it contained the same verbiage at the end FTR.

In fact, I sent him a reply saying that I appreciated he took the high road and didn't pull a dirty.

Also there were earlier posts with nuns and rulers reflecting that my statements had been there from the start.

I'm not a big fan of changing things, so I didn't go back and add that. In fact that's the whole other enchilada we've been discussing here. I didn't think it was necessary to remove my earlier statements considering all the discussion that followed. Hence additional rants.....and then my eventual redaction.

Are there many people from the PL or HoS hanging around still trying to buy books? Are there many PLs or HoSs still posting to the board?

I guess I kinda thought that if you were in the HoS, you have probably slunk away (or, at least, reappeared under another name) and if you are on PL you are probably at least lying low.

All I know is, I took the part about you learning seriously...I learn stuff EVERY day...lots of which I had no previous clue about.

Best of luck with the sale.

:thumbsup:

Are there many people from the PL or HoS hanging around still trying to buy books? Are there many PLs or HoSs still posting to the board?

I guess I kinda thought that if you were in the HoS, you have probably slunk away (or, at least, reappeared under another name) and if you are on PL you are probably at least lying low.

Still a bunch here that operate solely by PM... you can watch 'em lurking with the trolls ;)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=online

Still a bunch here that operate solely by PM... you can watch 'em lurking with the trolls ;)

Yipes! I never knew that existed. You can see what people are doing. Kind of .... :o

Yipes! I never knew that existed. You can see what people are doing. Kind of .... :o

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=editdisplay

One of the bottom options ;)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=editdisplay

One of the bottom options ;)

Thanks. (thumbs u

:ohnoez: