• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The probation list only applies to this section right?

So the dealer section is fair game?

I mean if I post a link to my eBay auctions in the dealer section and someone from the probation list bids on my eBay item(s) it wouldn't be incumbent upon me to remove their bid and block them would it?

That's assuming I could figure who they were in the first place.

hm

I mean if I post a link to my eBay auctions in the dealer section and someone from the probation list bids on my eBay item(s) it wouldn't be incumbent upon me to remove their bid and block them would it?

hm

Although the intent is a good one, I don't think that was the assumption with the PL/HOS. It was meant for board transactions.

Although we did start noting Ebay transactions on the list a little while back.

hm

hm

Beats me. If possible and not against eBay's terms, I think it'd be great to block PLers there too.

hm

Beats me. If possible and not against eBay's terms, I think it'd be great to block PLers there too.

But he is asking a fair question. If we are taking Ebay transactions into consideration on the PL/HOS, is it also assumed folks will block members as a show of forum support?

(shrug)

I haven't sold to anyone on the lists but that's a personal choice.

I don't think a boardie should be vilified if he wants to take a risk and sell to a proby - it's his/her choice and should be respected but at the same time they waive their rights to complain about a bad transaction.

Everyone has a choice. It's just that it's not unreasonable for someone to judge others on their choices.

For some, business is business, for others its a matter of a personal relationship, probably for most it's somewhere in between.

For me personally, it's the sense of community that's paramount. If someone has been demonstratively treated poorly by another boardie, I am going to stand beside the board member who has been wronged.

Everyone has a choice.

hm

But he is asking a fair question. If we are taking Ebay transactions into consideration on the PL/HOS, is it also assumed folks will block members as a show of forum support?

(shrug)

I mean, I don't expect anyone to cruise all selling venues and cross-reference against the CGC Boards' Probation List. If you did happen to know that someone on the PL wanted to buy something off you in another venue, I think it'd be reasonably cool to deny them, if not against the TOS, in support of our PL. But mostly, the PL is about this community right here. Screw up here, the PL makes it harder for you to buy/sell here. I fully realize that we can't be the Internet's moral police.

hm

(shrug)

I mean, I don't expect anyone to cruise all selling venues and cross-reference against the CGC Boards' Probation List. If you did happen to know that someone on the PL wanted to buy something off you in another venue, I think it'd be reasonably cool to deny them, if not against the TOS, in support of our PL. But mostly, the PL is about this community right here. Screw up here, the PL makes it harder for you to buy/sell here. I fully realize that we can't be the Internet's moral police.

I totally agree with you. It would be tough trying to police the internets of any PL or HOS transaction. All we can do is try.

:foryou:

hm

(shrug)

I totally agree with you. It would be tough trying to police the internets of any PL or HOS transaction. All we can do is try.

Okay, great. Maybe now you can spend a little time trying to become a true fan of something. :sumo:

I haven't sold to anyone on the lists but that's a personal choice.

I don't think a boardie should be vilified if he wants to take a risk and sell to a proby - it's his/her choice and should be respected but at the same time they waive their rights to complain about a bad transaction.

Everyone has a choice. It's just that it's not unreasonable for someone to judge others on their choices.

For some, business is business, for others its a matter of a personal relationship, probably for most it's somewhere in between.

For me personally, it's the sense of community that's paramount. If someone has been demonstratively treated poorly by another boardie, I am going to stand beside the board member who has been wronged.

Everyone has a choice.

This is how I roll.

hm

(shrug)

Okay, great. Maybe now you can spend a little time trying to become a true fan of something. :sumo:

Ouch! That burned hotter than a cast iron stove lol

FTR: You can block certain ebay bidders from bidding. The issue is you'd need to know the PL/HOS ebay handle to accomplish that.

Man thats hard to keep up with though.

Agreed. But it may come in particularly handy with a known troublesome Ebayer or other Mos Eisley scum.

Everyone has a choice.

+1 I agree that the sense of community is paramount. (thumbs u

hm

(shrug)

Ouch! That burned hotter than a cast iron stove lol

Burning.gif

hm

(shrug)

hm

hm

(shrug)

hm

You too, kiddo!

hm

(shrug)

hm

You too, kiddo!

:whee: