• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Love when people post misinformation about books they are selling that they previously bought here on the boards...

the search function isn't great, but it DOES work... :facepalm:

hm link?

The subtle methodology of dropping a popcorn post right before or after your forum discussion thread rant is also acceptable.

:shy:

hm link?

Links, dammit!! :sumo:

while I am not a fan of thread krapping and believe that PMs are there for a reason, we should not neglect the sellers inability to properly set up his sales thread from the start. It's been my experience that the more you miss or not provide the more likely someone here (on the boards) will tell you what you are missing which usually leads to what happened here i.e. more people chiming in, the seller eventually getting frustrated and ending/closing the thread with the proverbial "I'll never sell here again".

what's odd to me is the seller provided all of this before in his past sales thread, so why the change now?

The rules are there to not only help the buyer but also help the seller understand the communities expectation. You meet that expectation and chances are you'll get more buyers.

Love when people post misinformation about books they are selling that they previously bought here on the boards...

the search function isn't great, but it DOES work... :facepalm:

hm link?

The subtle methodology of dropping a popcorn post right before or after your forum discussion thread rant is also acceptable.

:shy:

hm link?

Links, dammit!! :sumo:

lol(shrug)

I don't know what thread Miraclemet was talking about.

:foryou:

while I am not a fan of thread krapping and believe that PMs are there for a reason, we should not neglect the sellers inability to properly set up his sales thread from the start.

What marketplace rule did he violate? I didn't see one...

Edited by edowens71

The seller was not breaking any rules. All the threadcrappers were breaking the rules and apparently were also unaware of both how to inform the seller to conform to the rules and the rules themselves.

while I am not a fan of thread krapping and believe that PMs are there for a reason, we should not neglect the sellers inability to properly set up his sales thread from the start.

What marketplace rule did he violate?

he didn't violate any rules. and while there is no rule to provide a grade with the scan, you knew someone was going to post in the sales thread, what grade etc?

furthermore, while I think you can sell raw books without any grades (again not a rules violation) most buyers would not look twice.

again my comment was more towards, the more you do upfront, the more control you have of your sales thread.

The seller was not breaking any rules. All the threadcrappers were breaking the rules and apparently were also unaware of both how to inform the seller to conform to the rules and the rules themselves.
don't want to get my message lost in the translation. I did not say that he violated a rule, but that he did not provide the necessary information to have his sales thread be more successful.

don't want to get my message lost in the translation. I did not say that he violated a rule, but that he did not provide the necessary information to have his sales thread be more successful.

That doesn't excuse the threadcrapping in the slightest.

I 100% completely agree. And I said as much. either quote the rules (if there is a violation) or PM the seller.

+1

You are referring to the possible success of his sales thread janet and not the invitation of threadcrappers.

+1

You are referring to the possible success of his sales thread janet and not the invitation of threadcrappers.

yes. you show folks here that you don't know what you are doing and people will always put their 2cents in. whether positive or in this case negatively. Unfortunately certain parts of this board, ridicule is sport and may the best man win, sometimes folks forget that business is money, and I certainly don't want anyone messing with my money.

P.S. my name is Hector, nice to meet you.

Edited by jsilverjanet