• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The 3% is lame

The BIN is lame

Bubble mailer is lame

But honestly, just don't participate if ya don't like it. (shrug)

Way too much thread krapping lately. It seems like it's mainly newer members that have gone over-the-top militant regarding the rules of the marketplace.

this one has a few things that should ruffle some feathers, surprised it hasn't been brought up

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7300188&gonew=1#UNREAD

I thought that was your buddy? hm

2irq6if.jpg

Jealous?

just so everyone knows, I PM'd him and advised him to add a scan without the bag and add a back cover scan as it would help him, which I think it has.

I'm not a bad guy, especially to my friends

Edited by jsilverjanet

just so everyone knows, I PM'd him and advised him to add a scan without the bag and add a back cover scan as it would help him, which I think it has.

Did you get a "bro" off him for your troubles?

lol Let the guy run his thread if he wants to. It does seem to adhere to Board rules...just not in the least attractive. There's so much wiggle room for him and so little for his buyer. :sick:

Yeah. Seems like a complete waste of time to place a 'bid'. Without a time limit, and zero commitment to sell....I'm surprised with all the activity.

Whatever floats ones boat though. :)

Did you get a "bro" off him for your troubles?

lol

resized_yo-bro-do-you-have-a-light-keeps-lighter-0b26e9.jpg

this one has a few things that should ruffle some feathers, surprised it hasn't been brought up

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7300188&gonew=1#UNREAD

3% PayPal fee?

auction with no real rules. just throw out any offer? at least he got the BIN right

;)

What rules would you like?

hm

-slym

I just don't get all of the gimmick sales threads lately.

Just list your books. If someone wants them, they'll take them. None of this haggle with me, auction (but not really an auction), everyone $x dollars. Look, I applaud the original starters of those type of threads - BEYONDER and Bio-Rupp - but then everyone sees them and hm and try to copy it.

It's just meh at this point.

He's new, very enthusiastic about the boards and he was really nice during the charity auction for Trevor.

I'm not sure he has taken the time to read rules, or threads because he's just really happy to be here.

His enthusiasm is refreshing...not everyone knows that the 3% is a turnoff for a lot of people. I PMed him, too.

Edited by skypinkblu