• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Here's my 2 cents.

The boards don't need a sales thread desperado and there are a growing number of members who believe they need to strap on a six shooter.

Outside of pure, unadulterated fraud, keep your opinions about pricing, grading or any other facet of someone else's sales thread to yourself. You're knowledge of GPA or past Ebay sales does not make you the arbiter of pricing. Unless you work for CGC grading for a living, and even then, it's your subjective idea of how a book should be graded. Thread krapping in someone's sales thread doesn't make you a hero.

If someone is not following the forum guidelines notify a moderator and allow them to do their job.

Here's my 2 cents.

The boards don't need a sales thread desperado and there are a growing number of members who believe they need to strap on a six shooter.

Outside of pure, unadulterated fraud, keep your opinions about pricing, grading or any other facet of someone else's sales thread to yourself. You're knowledge of GPA or past Ebay sales does not make you the arbiter of pricing. Unless you work for CGC grading for a living, and even then, it's your subjective idea of how a book should be graded. Thread krapping in someone's sales thread doesn't make you a hero.

If someone is not following the forum guidelines notify a moderator and allow them to do their job.

Yup. A few here are getting completely out of hand, and becoming a bigger problem than the azz hat sellers they're fired up about. 2c

Here's my 2 cents.

Yup. A few here are getting completely out of hand, and becoming a bigger problem than the azz hat sellers they're fired up about. 2c

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7303170&gonew=1#UNREAD

:facepalm:

Here's my 2 cents.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7303170&gonew=1#UNREAD

Just saw that. And from a member who's been around since 2005.

Here's my 2 cents.

do you think it should even be talked about here? (really asking, not sure if you guys are talking about comments being made in the sales threads, or over here)

Here's my 2 cents.

do you think it should even be talked about here? (really asking, not sure if you guys are talking about comments being made in the sales threads, or over here)

This thread has had its azz hat moments as well. Sometimes it feels like members are throwing other members under the bus because they think it gains them some kind of respect.

:news:

It doesn't.

Here's my 2 cents.

Well, 2005 was THE worst year for newbs. Anyone who joined up that year, you can pretty much ignore their opinion.

Here's my 2 cents.

This thread has had its azz hat moments as well. Sometimes it feels like members are throwing other members under the bus because they think it gains them some kind of respect.

It doesn't.

Are you thinking of that HusTruck business?

I think it's cool to bring up your issues with sellers' threads here...I don't subscribe to any notion that we must be completely silent about comic sales everywhere on the site.

Edited by Speedy-D

Here's my 2 cents.

It doesn't.

I think it's cool to bring up your issues with seller's threads here...I don't subscribe to any notion that we must be completely silent about comic sales everywhere on the site.

My comments aren't meant to be specific to any particular instance.

I'm not advocating silence, I'm merely suggesting that some take it too far.

Here's my 2 cents.

It doesn't.

I think it's cool to bring up your issues with seller's threads here...I don't subscribe to any notion that we must be completely silent about comic sales everywhere on the site.

The "adult comis" thread went crazy with people wanting to make a point the new member did not follow sales forum rules.

Whatever happened to just posting the Arch suggested forum rules message, including what rules were missed (in his case, all of them)?

Soon after I joined the boards another new member joined and more or less broke every sales forum commenting rule. He posted opinions about grades and pricing in many threads and, if I recall correctly, dropped a takeit on a 5 figure book and then edited the post with a "JK LOLOL". The member got hazed harshly and severely for these actions and began getting defensive. Myself and a couple other members PMed him, pointed out some of the rules and generally accepted standards for posting etiquette, the boardie calmed down and now he is one of the more prominent high value dealers on this board.

When new members join they do not immediately have infinite knowledge of what is and is not acceptable to everyone else here. There's a lot of text on many thread pages and the sales forum rules post may not be obvious to someone just browsing around. The last few months, anyone who posts outside the guidelines of accepted mores is getting completely firebombed for doing so, and often by members who are still brand new themselves. It's getting to be too much. That "Adult Comics" thread wasn't funny or fun, and it certainly wasn't helpful to the new member. "OMG they misspelled Comis loogit this jerk get him the eff off these boards LOLers!!!!"

Several months ago there seemed to be a movement by the mods to hand out wrist slaps and strikes for threadkrapping. Maybe it'd be best for that to actually be enforced.

Here's my 2 cents.

This is what you get when you have a bunch of grown men, with little personal drama who read hero comics. No shortage of the white knight syndrome. Mark1 seems to be on a roll. Most sales threads I open he is the 2nd post pointing out something. Never seems to have an interest in the book for sale.

Here's my 2 cents.

It doesn't.

WTTB. ;)

Here's my 2 cents.

Well, 2005 was THE worst year for newbs. Anyone who joined up that year, you can pretty much ignore their opinion.

What's the problem with drbanner's sales thread? I'm not following.

Here's my 2 cents.

Damn. Suddenly it all falls into place. :frustrated: