• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So say a person who is notorious for being a lowballer asks you about a few books. You already have a discount on your pricing, but then cut an extra deal on top of it. They then return with a PM saying they are not looking to pay that much, and then provide eBay results that include results on sales of blue copies that do not include multiple signatures (as your books do), as well as one example that is a raw sale vs a 9.8 SS book. How does one reason with that? Also, how does one deal with a new PM from the person when the person has apparently forgotten that you already have a PM conversation still going regarding the exact same books?

Educate him or her on the concept of false equivalency.

Incidentally, extreme lowballing has seemingly become the standard around here.

So say a person who is notorious for being a lowballer asks you about a few books. You already have a discount on your pricing, but then cut an extra deal on top of it. They then return with a PM saying they are not looking to pay that much, and then provide eBay results that include results on sales of blue copies that do not include multiple signatures (as your books do), as well as one example that is a raw sale vs a 9.8 SS book. How does one reason with that? Also, how does one deal with a new PM from the person when the person has apparently forgotten that you already have a PM conversation still going regarding the exact same books?

I'm wondering if it's the same schmuck I'm thinking of... hm

If so, he did the same thing to me. lol

Bingo!

Nothing says "Waste your time" like a boy and his truck.

Sometimes you just have to tell a lowballing, potential buyer to not pass go, to not collect $200... but to go straight to hell :(

xxx ooo

Rupp

Why do I doubt you'd ever do that? You seem pretty reasonable when it comes to business.

Bingo!

And he's been posting lately with the fervor of a HarveySwick. :o

Bingo!

There is no way he can beat 'em. Justin is the posting god.

:ohnoez:

Tell him that you were swayed by his most educated, careful and logical argument.

Tell him that you've taken everything he's said into account.

Tell him you are willing to give him a special price just for him.

Then quote him double your original asking price.

Bingo!

:shy:

Sometimes you just have to tell a lowballing, potential buyer to not pass go, to not collect $200... but to go straight to hell :(

xxx ooo

Rupp

Why do I doubt you'd ever do that? You seem pretty reasonable when it comes to business.

You're right Speedy... I'd probably take the deal, throw in a Dark Tower hardback and ship it all for free :grin:

hm ... maybe two Dark Tower hardbacks lol

xxx ooo

Rupp

Tell him that you were swayed by his most educated, careful and logical argument.

Tell him that you've taken everything he's said into account.

Tell him you are willing to give him a special price just for him.

Then quote him double your original asking price.

lol

:applause:

just delete the PM without any further comment.

My first instinct. lol

I had some long time bozo PM this morning mocking a recent purchase of mine. Instead of being like a couple of retarts posting in this thread recently and wasting my time with an argument, I just deleted the PM and went on with my day. I'm not here to make your day.

Bingo!

Yep 2014 starting to look like a good year :eyeroll:

How about when you remove yourself from the PM thread and say "good luck in finding them at your price"...then the books sell in the thread...then you get a PM "how much did you sell them for?"...then you try greggy's HarveySwick has removed themself from this topic. Then you get ANOTHER PM insisting that I reveal the price?! lol:screwy: