• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

What, that I had a WTB for a TOS52?

Someone responded to it and offered a 7.5 for 10% less than GPA.

All GPA was below $400 except for one sale over $400.

I offered $400.

I got a counter of $450.

I countered at $420 and was dragged on for several weeks waiting for the guy to hear from the woman he was selling it for.

In the meantime, you had PMed him offering to buy the book since I can only imagine you saw his response.

You offered more.

He sold it to you and the guy told me the woman wanted to sell it at auction despite me asking him to have her set a price that she was comfortable with and I'd take it.

I was bummed and moved on until I saw you showing off the book proudly.

George, you're a snake. I'm over it and don't bring it up, but I don't know why you have to constantly chime in with something I say as if you has a high school crush on me? ;)

Just put me on Ignore and call it a day.

(thumbs u

You should've paid the $450 2c

I offered $400.

I got a counter of $450.

I countered at $420 and was dragged on for several weeks waiting for the guy to hear from the woman he was selling it for.

In the meantime, you had PMed him offering to buy the book since I can only imagine you saw his response.

You offered more.

He sold it to you and the guy told me the woman wanted to sell it at auction despite me asking him to have her set a price that she was comfortable with and I'd take it.

George, you're a snake. I'm over it and don't bring it up, but I don't know why you have to constantly chime in with something I say as if you has a high school crush on me? ;)

(thumbs u

Believe me, if I could take it back, I would. doh!

Really letting it go, huh George? ;)

I have more if you're interested.

Is this about the Mishmashman TOS book where he laid the biggest ban worthy and hate filled thread krap I've probably ever seen in a sales thread?

Boboset, I don't even know what your issue is with me? I actually wrote you around that time the same thing I wrote to several guys to explain my position and you didn't even respond. I never even talked to you before that incident so I know you're coming to George's defense because he's your buddy, but come one. What did I do to you? :foryou:

The Mishmashman thread krap. That was one of the most epically mean and juvenile things I've ever seen on these boards. I know you're position is that you wanted the book, but when you realized he was flipping it for profit, you went completely crazy. I don't know how a PM response other than "your behavior was completely unacceptable and disgusting" would have been suitable and you have seem to have a history of this.

See, that wasn't true. I did NOT know he was flipping it for profit. He responded to my WTB thread that he had a book coming back from CGC that he'd sell me cheap. He was going to give me a deal because he likes to help Boardies out and he'd barely break even. He offered it to me for $800. When I saw the scan, I realized it was a book he just bought off Best in Comics that day for $550. He admitted the only reason he bought it was to sell to me for profit - albeit under the guise of an altruistic motivation to help out a Boardie. Yeah, I was pissed. Anyone that knows me on here will tell you that I ALWAYS look out for others and don't try to make a profit - instead I :baiting: with a link. But he told me it was to help me out when really he was helping out his wallet. I don't know how that is a positive contribution to a community.

If you got a strike for that thread, which I kind of remember you did, I would stop talking about it now.

Otherwise you'll get another strike for rehashing strikes.

I didn't get a strike? I didn't even bring it up? (shrug)

Ok. Sorry. I misunderstood. I just feel like nothing good can come from rehashing this and it would be best to drop it.

Not because I don't want to read about it, I do, I just don't want to see strikes today and all of this upsettingness is going to equal strikes if it continues 2c.

What the what? Are you being nice??? :baiting:

I would prefer if the conversation just moved along.. maybe to people that create selling threads and just make up pedigrees?

Seriously, grow up guys and stop making up pedigrees.

I offered $400.

I got a counter of $450.

You offered more.

(thumbs u

He offered it to me at $475 and I took it on the spot!

I offered $400.

I got a counter of $450.

You offered more.

(thumbs u

He offered it to me at $475 and I took it on the spot!

As was your right. You snooze, you lose. I've lost out on books here that I was negotiating for via PM, only to have someone offer more, etc. I don't recall ever starting mess over it publicly, though I might've griped about it privately :whistle:

It wasn't IN a sales thread that I was PM'ing the seller and lost out on it. The seller responded by posting in my WTB thread that he had one coming back from CGC and we were going back and forth. I asked what he wanted for it. He said take a look at GPA, and take 10% off and that's what he'd charge me.

This was the GPA at the time:

Feb-09-2013 $510 Cert# 0917298005

Dec-16-2012 $388 Cert# 0917298005

Sep-03-2012 $579 Cert# 0148756002

Nov-25-2011 $350 Cert# 0179697015

Aug-07-2011 $263 Cert# 1039332003

I offered $400. He countered at $450. I said how about $420? If he said no, best he could do was $450, I would have taken it. Instead, I waited several weeks and he said he couldn't sell it and had to put it up for auction. George bought it without me knowing there was anyone else interested since it was a response to my WTB thread and not a sales thread.

But it's all in the past and I didn't bring it up. (shrug)

It wasn't IN a sales thread that I was PM'ing the seller and lost out on it. The seller responded by posting in my WTB thread that he had one coming back from CGC and we were going back and forth. I asked what he wanted for it. He said take a look at GPA, and take 10% off and that's what he'd charge me.

I offered $400. He countered at $450. I said how about $420? If he said no, best he could do was $450, I would have taken it. Instead, I waited several weeks and he said he couldn't sell it and had to put it up for auction. George bought it without me knowing there was anyone else interested since it was a response to my WTB thread and not a sales thread.

I was done, but I can post/screen grab the other side of this, which I am more apt to believe considering it is EXACTLY the way you tried to "negotiate" with me.

If you guys had a deal and he came back telling you " sorry kid, I know we had a deal but someone offered me more moola" I would understand your ire.