• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Actually I'd be surprised if it takes more than 5 minutes to figure it out. lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7353162Post7353162

If it was seriously that easy make it harder next time lol

Considering that knob what also the buffoon who would take things from the PIF thread, then never ship them. It was only when the process began to put him on the P.L., did he actually send the books out. He had taken 3 or 4 items, but then never sent out his offerings that got taken. He was also one of the main culprits of the "take a high end PIF item, then offer up 3 or 4 dollar books in exchange."

Quite literally, he may have been the one who sent the Pay It Forward thread to "junk donkey" land. :facepalm:

I agree. In fact I didn't know he was still around. Sigh.....

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7353162Post7353162

Considering that knob what also the buffoon who would take things from the PIF thread, then never ship them. It was only when the process began to put him on the P.L., did he actually send the books out. He had taken 3 or 4 items, but then never sent out his offerings that got taken. He was also one of the main culprits of the "take a high end PIF item, then offer up 3 or 4 dollar books in exchange."

Quite literally, he may have been the one who sent the Pay It Forward thread to "junk donkey" land. :facepalm:

Especially considering his FDQ exit a few months ago, when he said he just wanted to sell everything and get out of the hobby.

Of course, for some people, the truth just cannot be told.

Especially considering his FDQ exit a few months ago, when he said he just wanted to sell everything and get out of the hobby.

Man, that dude sounds really annoying.

lol

yes it is on its way as of today

So did he send the payment today, like he said he did? lol

Come on now. There is a slight delay while he mails the payment. (thumbs u

I didn't realize he had that much history. lol

I was pretty sure he thought I mailed the book when I provided tracking so he just ignored the PM until it didn't show up. :facepalm:

I didn't realize he had that much history. lol

I was pretty sure he thought I mailed the book when I provided tracking so he just ignored the PM until it didn't show up. :facepalm:

That is quite awesome tbh:

Here is your tracking number & don't forget to pay me, oh I won't...week later...where is my book?

lol

So that's a unique situation Brian (Foolkiller) has experienced.

1) Fairly new seller offering key Bronze Age books with scans and prices, but no sales rules.

2) Brian takes a book, but then doesn't respond to an invoice PM for 24-hours because of a sick child.

3) Seller deletes himself from the PM, and puts the book back up for sale.

No response for twenty-four hours becomes a deal-breaker once he clearly stated he was taking it? I didn't find anything stating "MUST BE PAID WITHIN 24 HOURS OR YOU FORFEIT THE SALE" anywhere.

Perhaps Brian should just re-PM the guy and state his willingness to buy the book (shrug)

Listen, I'm not chasing a guy so that I can buy a book.

He didn't invoice me for about 20 hours.

It's an ASM 129. I'll live without this copy.

My point is exactly what the poster above suggested. If he had an urgency to get paid, then say that and of course I'll make it happen.

I don't frequent the boards as much any more, so it's very erratic how often I log on.

I can see Brian's issue with the guy... but if the fellow hasn't had enough sales experience here to know proper etiquette in dealing with others, then maybe now would be the time for him to learn. ;)

I agree.

To answer the above, he actually made no comment. Just removed himself. Which made it more perplexing.

Anyway, it isn't a huge deal either way.

At least it is safe to discuss the situation down here, and not end up with some zany strike.

But Rupp may be right. Sending the seller a PM may educate him he misread the situation. It's not like the fellow that ran the 6-hour sales thread the other day, and needed payment within that time or he would post the book on Ebay.

:insane: