• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

No apology necessary, you're not even a blip on my radar (shrug)

It looked like an erectile disfunction meme to me.

You're definitely a blip and now I'm furious :mad:

:jokealert:

Yeah - it is funny how humor works :foryou:

The difference is that I like you :P

Be careful - that might put you in the ban line for the next purge.

Also, here is my Logan family meme from his LTPC popcorn days...it was posted. If I owe Mrs Logan an apology, here it is. :foryou:

This is why someone, that you dislike much more than me, likely wouldn't bother to apologize to you.

:whistle:

I don't want an apology from Rupp as I don't believe for a second it would be sincere.

I don't like or dislike you. I don't know who you are (shrug)

That's why I like you from a safe distance :baiting:

That's why I like you from a safe distance :baiting:

Yeah - no danger of me coming to Chicago. I'm a travel chicken, and going to one of the violence capitals of the world is not high on my bucket list. And physical violence is not something I seek.

Although physical activity is - it's time to take the beagle on a 3 mile hike in the woods here. What goes on in the woods, stays in the woods. :cool:

Everyone - carry on until I return :lol:

I feel the love :luhv:
:lol: I just feel the knuckle sammich :sorry:

Did you REALLY not comprehend that comment? Really?

Are you threatening me again? Sorry, I will leave now. :sorry:

I feel the love :luhv:
:lol: I just feel the knuckle sammich :sorry:

Did you REALLY not comprehend that comment? Really?

Are you threatening me again? Sorry, I will leave now. :sorry:

lol

Maybe someone will create a meme that more deftly captures the feeling.

Seems we are all in the minority as there are 1000's of boardies, and only a handful have been posting on this topic the last few days.

Most either don't want to get involved or don't care.

I don't think the lack of comment by the majority should be construed as indifference.

I suspect the bolded part is the more likely explanation, and not completely unfounded.

There's clearly a "taking sides" dynamic to the discussion and some may feel that commenting on this topic is going to commit them to something more than they bargained for.

Seems we are all in the minority as there are 1000's of boardies, and only a handful have been posting on this topic the last few days.

Most either don't want to get involved or don't care.

I don't think the lack of comment by the majority should be construed as indifference.

I suspect the bolded part is the more likely explanation, and not completely unfounded.

There's clearly a "taking sides" dynamic to the discussion and some may feel that commenting on this topic is going to commit them to something more than they bargained for.

That's true. I can see that.

It takes a ton of info for someone like Sharon, or Andy, or Myself, to come in and make a call.

I asked a bunch of questions to try and get clarification first and didn't get any answers, so it took seeing those images for myself to make my choice.

I don't blame anyone that wants as much information as possible before speaking out.

Well these boards have turned into everywhere else on the web.

Congrats. :(

Forums are what their members choose to make them. We still have a choice in the ultimate direction of this place. There are dozens, hundreds, or more mature adults on this forum with the capability and desire to treat others with the respect they would demand for themselves.

All it takes is for them to speak, be heard, and not relent.

Forums are what their members choose to make them. We still have a choice in the ultimate direction of this place. There are dozens, hundreds, or more mature adults on this forum with the capability and desire to treat others with the respect they would demand for themselves.

Well, at least you hear me, and Lizards2 can smell me. Now I just need someone to see me and another to touch....wait a min

Well, at least you hear me, and Lizards2 can smell me. Now I just need someone to see me and another to touch....wait a min

Who?

Who?

Another Canadian.

Having been on these boards for nearly 10 years and being involved enough board drama to last me the rest of eternity I can say that nothing makes me want to wretch more in regards to internet dealings than the clique mentality.

I don't think this discussion is about cliques.

Not to make this about me, but I felt personally betrayed when I saw the memes that Rupp had made about me. I'd never done anything against the guy and I think I even defended him at one point in CG a few years ago. No good deed goes unpunished it seems. In fairness he did apologize to me via PM although he didn't admit that he created the memes. He just apologized for my feelings.

As far as the other memes go, I genuinely don't remember who showed them to me but I found them disturbing in a way that I find crude horror disturbing. While I don't have a problem dealing with real life horror (because that is reality) finding entertainment in crude horror is something I have a personal problem with because it takes effort to create it. I don't have the stomach to think up horrific things about real people but more importantly I believe it hardens the heart and prevents a person from understanding and more importantly actually feeling empathy for others. Well, it does for me personally anyways.

We all have our dark corners and cobwebs but this site has always been about functioning as a community of good people. Rupp may not rip anyone off in a comic deal but creating stuff like this has consequences. That's the cost. Coming clean honestly is really the only solution to this drama.