• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Opinions are like individual_without_enough_empathys, every n00b has one (shrug)

So a new person is not allowed an opinion or any thought on the subjects hm interesting aspect.

I wish we had neither, and everyone could keep their krap to themselves.

So, no new people thinking and posting.....seems a little drastic now doesn't it? ???

No, it means that I don't care for someone who's been here less than a year and doesn't really know the history of a situation, telling me how I or anyone involved should feel about it. I also don't care for the dismissive and minimilizing tone.

Dude, I don't think he was telling you how to feel or being dismissive or minimilizing how you feel about the situation, he commenting your noob comment.........

So when does a person on here stop being noob? When they agree with you?

Serious question thou, when does someone on this board stop being a noob in your eyes or for that matter anyone's eyes?

Why don't you read again what he wrote and then tell me he wasn't minimizing anything. I called him a n00b because he's trying to seak intelligently about a situation that has been going on for longer than he's been a member ( which isn't very long ). In those situations it might be better to just keep quiet 2c

Sorry dude, I don't see it. He was commenting on that post, not the situation.

Opinions are like individual_without_enough_empathys, every n00b has one (shrug)

So a new person is not allowed an opinion or any thought on the subjects hm interesting aspect.

So, no new people thinking and posting.....seems a little drastic now doesn't it? ???

No, it means that I don't care for someone who's been here less than a year and doesn't really know the history of a situation, telling me how I or anyone involved should feel about it. I also don't care for the dismissive and minimilizing tone.

Dude, I don't think he was telling you how to feel or being dismissive or minimilizing how you feel about the situation, he commenting your noob comment.........

Serious question though, when does someone on this board stop being a noob in your eyes or for that matter anyone's eyes?

:pullhair: Argghh, it's "minimizing!!!"

And thou = I sound like Shakespeare!! lol It's spelled "though."

And being a noob is somewhat about time, but mostly it's about attitude. Once you realize that you might actually not always know what's going on here, you start on the path to Bitter Old Boardie Who's Seen It All Before.

I know how it's spelled Speedy, but how do you figure what he was asking is minimizing what Logan said? Didn't what Logan just say to him minimizing what jop was asking?

Just for you I fixed it. And look at the english used in these or any other thread. Really?

I'm not keeping up on who's being minimized by whom. And yeah, everyone's English is terrible. When the annoyance builds up enough, I have to let a bit out. :)

I agree with you on that sir. Might I suggest a racquetball game or 2? :)

I always tell my daughters I speak 2 languages, English and bad English.....

He's been asked those specific questions John, again and again. He does not answer. I'm sure at this point that if the answer had been "no" we would have heard it.

As to anyone being scarred. Well, Sean is pretty easy going, but we do have other members who ARE Gay, and at least one of the ones I know, who has not (thankfully) seen the text would be very upset. I don't see that kind of hate

language as any better than using the "n" word.

I tease once and a while when people use "female" terms to rag on each other. COI and I have had long conversations about it some of it in jest, some serious, and most of the time I just let most of the words like "person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed" go right over my head...but honestly the way the word B-tch was used here, offends me. It was not used in a joking ...hey buddy you are a dork manner, it was used in a hateful manner, with a weapon and with blood and brains being spattered.

That image and text took time to put together. It was not a quick fix, it was crafted.

Am I distressed to the point of being distraught? Of course not...If I were, I wouldn't have ever posted here, but the way that term was used made me cringe.

I'm usually beyond easy going...and I can go on with my life without blinking very much, but when I saw the language used ...I was :o

Puppies, and female dogs ...that's fine. Using it to describe a woman who is nasty? I'm OK with that one, but this was used in a violent sexual manner.

There are just a lot of things wrong here, on many levels.

I don't know if it's ignorance, or malice or if therapy is needed. I'm not a Dr, but I hope Michael speaks to one so he can get rid of the obvious anger and the probable paranoia.

Thanks Sharon. Excellent post. :cloud9:

Maybe I'm insulated. I come from an area of the country where there is zero tolerance for hate speech and threats of violence such as we have seen here. Anyone caught doing so is immediately ostracized and, quite frankly, unemployable from that moment on.

When I first saw what Rupp was passing around, it disgusted me. I honestly couldn't believe someone here would do something like that, no matter how badly they disliked someone. I've since come to realize, especially after seeing his responses, that he must have psychological issues that he's dealing with, and I feel sorry for him. He really does need to seek help.

What has really saddened me is that over the course of the last couple of days we've seen five or six people here come forward and try to either minimalize what was done, or shift the blame to the victims in some manner. Thankfully, the vast majority of the responses have been from people who have their hearts in the right places and don't want to see this kind of behavior in a place that should be all about the fun and enjoyment of a hobby.

Just to clarify, you're saying that Rupp was passing around these memes?

My understanding is that he PMed the memes to his group of friends here. This is a point he has never denied, and is further corroborated by his use of the word 'cabal.' If you read the script in the memes, you'll know what I'm talking about. The meme was all about forcing Fingh to submit before his clique of friends before he was summarily executed. Nice huh? My further understanding is that at some point, the image left the inner sanctum and was shared with someone else - possibly by someone who thought it was way over the top, but I don't really know.

Alright, we're getting to the "Boardie-after-brawl-hug-it-out" period of this last dust up, where we discuss how everyone should be nice.

I stick by my one day over/under.

Unfortunately, I think you're probably right. This situation will be swept under the rug with no consequences other than people bringing it up in the future and being called "trolls" for not letting it go.

Yippee

I hope not. I honestly don't know what he's capable of at this point. When I think of all the names and addresses he has access to from his past sales threads. :eek:

Now that his cross-hairs have shifted from Fingh, Park and others to yours truly, I'm really happy I was never tempted to buy any of his books because of his disruptive behavior here in the past.

I hadn't thought about that to be honest. He has my address, but I'm not worried. This is a guy who out of spite, pretended to take a threat seriously from a 60+ year old comic dealer from five states away just to get him a strike. Keyboard Cowboy IMHO...hopefully I'm right.

Somehow, this does not make me feel any better. :(

Serious question thou, when does someone on this board stop being a noob in your eyes or for that matter anyone's eyes?

Why don't you read again what he wrote and then tell me he wasn't minimizing anything. I called him a n00b because he's trying to seak intelligently about a situation that has been going on for longer than he's been a member ( which isn't very long ). In those situations it might be better to just keep quiet 2c

Go read what Andy wrote...and if you don't know who that is, it means you're still a n00b ;)

Go read what Andy wrote...and if you don't know who that is, it means you're still a n00b ;)

Yup I know who Andy is, maybe I am wrong, but I still think he was just commenting on what you said, not the situation.

BTW, you can call me anything you want, it really doesn't bother me. And if being called a noob is the worst someone can come up with, it's all good! ;)

Yup I know who Andy is, maybe I am wrong, but I still think he was just commenting on what you said, not the situation.

BTW, you can call me anything you want, it really doesn't bother me. And if being called a noob is the worst someone can come up with, it's all good! ;)

I think you can let that other guy speak for himself, I'm sure he's a big boy :)

I don't know you, so I have nothing against you. :foryou:

The B---ch word is thrown around like that because for most people in society it has become numb to such things.

No, there's a small segment of society that throws that word around because they see women as LESS than men. It's a put down.

Listen to a rap album or hip-hop or even some rock that word is used often and pretty much always in a derogatory manner.

No thank you.

B--ch please...

Yo my B--ches

and many more even used for guys calling other guys.

Yeah, I don't think anyone here doesn't know what some of these phrases are or mean, but regardless of how known or repeated they are, to some, they will never be an acceptable part of everyday human interaction.

Unlike 'man', as in "Hey, man! How are you!", the 'b' word, has far too much of a negative meaning.

Society has dramatically changed Television, Music, Movies, Books all are affected and that is just the way it is. Is it right? NO but nothing will stop it now as it also has become to some people a term of endearment.......

Society hasn't changed as much in your above scenario as much as Tv, Movie, and Music makers have geared their product toward a portion of society that tends to be impulsive in their buying habits.

This all seems like a soap opera to me...........way too much drama....

Next week on ALL MY CGC CHILDREN....who did it, why, and Who shot JR? Stay tuned for exciting previews.

No one is forced to follow along.

Do I think the memes shouldn't have been made? Yes

Do I think it is a crude south park, family guy etc humor? YES

Should an apology be issued? Yes

We all, from what I've seen, agree with this.

Should others have posted the pictures on the board? No

Sometimes evidence needs to be shown to make people understand the extent of the situation.

Was anyone really scarred or is now involved in serious mental anguish? No

I've always been taught to not judge someone else by my own experiences.

And some would say NOT being affected by images like this, means you already have been scarred.

Personally I think giving everyone involved a little vacation would not be out of order. Pushing buttons and posturing causes just as much conflict as a meme does imo.

Understanding and responsibility isn't of importance here? Just flush everyone involved for the week? Shouldn't the mods be a little more careful in how they wield that power?

Arch is the owner of the site and thereby has the final say-so over any and all mods and or members. How would all of you feel if he decided it wasn't worth his money or time and just closed it down?

I'm not sure if Arch is the 'owner' or not... I'm pretty sure he oversees the moderation. If it was shut down, it would bum a lot of people out.

Not sure why that would be an option.

CGC uses this as an advertisement for their services... getting rid of it... (shrug)

Sha if I have offended you by using the B---ch word in that context I apologize in advance but I honestly think you have your "big" oops hmmm grown-up panties on and can understand and not[/size] take offense.

:facepalm:

The B---ch word is thrown around like that because for most people in society it has become numb to such things.

No, there's a small segment of society that throws that word around because they see women as LESS than men. It's a put down.

Small......I feel bad for you if you believe that

Listen to a rap album or hip-hop or even some rock that word is used often and pretty much always in a derogatory manner.

No thank you.

B--ch please...

Yo my B--ches

and many more even used for guys calling other guys.

Yeah, I don't think anyone here doesn't know what some of these phrases are or mean, but regardless of how known or repeated they are, to some, they will never be an acceptable part of everyday human interaction.

Unlike 'man', as in "Hey, man! How are you!", the 'b' word, has far too much of a negative meaning.

Disagree that may be true for the C--T word as that will never be acceptable but B--ch is on T-Shirts in the mall......how much more mainstream do you want?

Society has dramatically changed Television, Music, Movies, Books all are affected and that is just the way it is. Is it right? NO but nothing will stop it now as it also has become to some people a term of endearment.......

Society hasn't changed as much in your above scenario as much as Tv, Movie, and Music makers have geared their product toward a portion of society that tends to be impulsive in their buying habits.

So our society now is the same or similar to lets say the 40's? 50's? Not hardly...

This all seems like a soap opera to me...........way too much drama....

Next week on ALL MY CGC CHILDREN....who did it, why, and Who shot JR? Stay tuned for exciting previews.

No one is forced to follow along.

“If ignorant both of your enemy and yourself, you are certain to be in peril.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Do I think the memes shouldn't have been made? Yes

Do I think it is a crude south park, family guy etc humor? YES

Should an apology be issued? Yes

We all, from what I've seen, agree with this.

Should others have posted the pictures on the board? No

Sometimes evidence needs to be shown to make people understand the extent of the situation.

If the evidence is so incendiary it really need not be shown especially when it was available by looking in the "public" photobucket account.

Was anyone really scarred or is now involved in serious mental anguish? No

I've always been taught to not judge someone else by my own experiences.

And some would say NOT being affected by images like this, means you already have been scarred.

I have been scarred many many times. I have held my dead sisters body as the life passed from it. I have fought for this nation in 2 separate wars. I have killed and been severely injured. I carry both the physical and mental scars and will til my dying days.

Personally I think giving everyone involved a little vacation would not be out of order. Pushing buttons and posturing causes just as much conflict as a meme does imo.

Understanding and responsibility isn't of importance here? Just flush everyone involved for the week? Shouldn't the mods be a little more careful in how they wield that power?

IMO no not really everyone involved is encouraging more talk of the incidents on both sides of the coin. Plenty of members are not posters look at the number of posts and then you see that maybe 50 people on the entire site are the ones posting the most in non sales threads. The rest are enjoying what the site has to offer.

Arch is the owner of the site and thereby has the final say-so over any and all mods and or members. How would all of you feel if he decided it wasn't worth his money or time and just closed it down?

I'm not sure if Arch is the 'owner' or not... I'm pretty sure he oversees the moderation. If it was shut down, it would bum a lot of people out.

Not sure why that would be an option.

CGC uses this as an advertisement for their services... getting rid of it... (shrug)

I never said it would I said what if? Many people get tired having to deal with others issues. An advertisement that has all of these threads and pictures posted can not be good advertisement

Sha if I have offended you by using the B---ch word in that context I apologize in advance but I honestly think you have your "big" oops hmmm grown-up panties on and can understand and not[/size] take offense.

:facepalm:

Why facepalm I wanted Sha to know that I respect her and not to take offense "big girl panties" ummm joke because she would question and not just irrationally come to the conclusion about my intent.

Vader I appreciate what you were trying to explain and you are correct but as a noob my intentions and meaning are being understood more by the established/veteran community.

Logan

The situations might change but circumstances are similar all across hundred if not thousands of chatboards, rooms, channels on a daily basis

I never once said I expect people to side with me. Personally it doesn't matter to me. I gave my opinion and if a noob on this board can't give an opinion why do you even allow noobs access to responding in here? Make it a read only if you don't want to hear others opinions because they differ from yours....

Logan

The situations might change but circumstances are similar all across hundred if not thousands of chatboards, rooms, channels on a daily basis

I never once said I expect people to side with me. Personally it doesn't matter to me. I gave my opinion and if a noob on this board can't give an opinion why do you even allow noobs access to responding in here? Make it a read only if you don't want to hear others opinions because they differ from yours....

If you're in a group of friends having a discussion and you don't know a few of them very well, would you interject yourself and your opinion in the middle of it without knowing them or all / most of the backstory or information?

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. 2c

To the conspirator/clickers (Sean? Park? Slym? RMA? Roy? comix4fun? Blowie? Baba? Ditch? Speedy? I can't figure out who's involved, but it's BIG), here you go:

w71a.jpg

As stated before, I am in no form of clique around here, and I am certainly not a "conspirator" of any sort, by anyone's definition.

;)

-slym