• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Man this pre-selling books is getting crazy crazy crazy...waiting for big drama to ensue shortly.

Link?

In general recent weeks have seen a ton of books being for sale before they are in hand and using stock photos for books that stock photos don't work. ie an ASM <100 in mid grade ;)

Shill account?

For what about 2 or 3 items out of 50+ sold?

I don't sell here, have been getting good buys though. I don't see how it affects my buying purposes, money is money.

Everyone making it seem like I've been shilling all of my sells, no idea why, maybe they've fallen victim to it and have zero tolerance even to <10% shilling.

Oh and about the whole not replying and "hiding" is Sunday people, the weather is nice, no need to be stuck at home on a day like this.

^^

Guy admits to shilling on eBay. Money is money though with "cool books". He's not on the HOS/PL, but people can always update their personal lists. (thumbs u

LINK

Man this pre-selling books is getting crazy crazy crazy...waiting for big drama to ensue shortly.

Link?

In general recent weeks have seen a ton of books being for sale before they are in hand and using stock photos for books that stock photos don't work. ie an ASM <100 in mid grade ;)

Gotcha. :)

Shill account?

For what about 2 or 3 items out of 50+ sold?

I don't sell here, have been getting good buys though. I don't see how it affects my buying purposes, money is money.

Everyone making it seem like I've been shilling all of my sells, no idea why, maybe they've fallen victim to it and have zero tolerance even to <10% shilling.

Oh and about the whole not replying and "hiding" is Sunday people, the weather is nice, no need to be stuck at home on a day like this.

^^

Guy admits to shilling on eBay. Money is money though with "cool books". He's not on the HOS/PL, but people can always update their personal lists. (thumbs u

LINK

Kind of wish eBay showed more than 60 days worth of sales data. There are at least four sales that seem pretty questionable but IDK. Maybe they are legitimate buyers who happened to bid on the auctions who also happen to have the same number of feedback as his second account.

I think he admitted to shilling some auctions but said he did not shill them all so what is the big deal. Now he is laughing about it in the thread as if it is a big joke.

He made a masturbation comment in the Supergirl thread. Guy was deserving of a strike for awhile - with his comments about war and veterans and yucking it up like a loser. He won't be missed for a week. :banana:

:news: New Topic

I'm thinking about having a small charity thread for a student of mine.

She came to see me last week and she's had some tough circumstances:

Husband left her because he got another woman pregnant.

Left the mortgage with her and house with her.

She works two-just-over-minimum wage jobs for 50 hours a week.

Her mom was evicted and now lives with her, but does not help financially.

She's a month behind on bills and has had to visit the local food bank.

So, this is what I was thinking....

If I could get say 20 boardies to donate $10 worth of merchandise + my donation, we could send her a nice anonymous Walmart giftcard to help her out.

This would work the same way other charity thread operate. Someone posts an item(s). Someone buys it. The money comes to me and I'll verify receipt with buyer and seller on thread. I'll keep a running total on the first post of all receipts and then go purchase giftcards to send her (I'll post a pic of the receipt). Everything will be transparent for everyone to see.

Before I did this though I just wanted to kinda get some feedback from you, the boardies, to see if I can garner support or if there is an issue with the idea.

Constructive comments welcome :foryou:

Thanks all.

- IJR