• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tales of Suspense 3

13 posts in this topic

That's the grade range I was in 5.0/5.5 but I don't grade the early 10 cent books and CGC seems a bit kinder to them.  I'll probably get it graded since a 5.0-6.0 will be a nice priced book.

Finally got around to getting it graded and it came back a 4.0 with Cream/Off-White pages.  No graders notes but it looks like they hammered the stain and the chipping.  Was really hoping for a 5.0 but that's why we ask the experts opinions.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Finally got around to getting it graded and it came back a 4.0 with Cream/Off-White pages.  No graders notes but it looks like they hammered the stain and the chipping.  Was really hoping for a 5.0 but that's why we ask the experts opinions.

too bad it didn't grade a bit higher but nice comic either way !

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I think the piece missing at the top of the Back cover, which is not a production chip, hurt the grade.  Can't tell but I also suspect there was some interior tanning. Looks like there were multiple locations of staining. I would have thought a tad better than 4.0 but I don't really see how some here graded it as high as 6.0 ?

3 hours ago, bc said:

What??? You have a PHM book??

Glad to see you're steppin' up your game man! That's a tough issue to track down in even mid-grade.

-bc

One of the old timers at a Harper show had it on his wall and I grabbed it for a fair VG price but thought it had 4.5/5.0 written all over it.  Guess the guy knew what he was doing.  Send me a PM if you need it.