• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is "Member following" all about?

47 posts in this topic

Not sure if this was on the old website but why would I want to follow another member?  Stalker?  Fan?  Groupie?  Not that I mind but I'm not sure why I need this feature on a Comic forum.

36 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Not sure if this was on the old website

It was.

37 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

why would I want to follow another member?

I don't know.

37 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Not that I mind but I'm not sure why I need this feature on a Comic forum.

It's a fairly standard message board feature.  (shrug)

Basically, when you follow someone it has the same exact effect as not following them.  Think of it that way.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Not sure if this was on the old website but why would I want to follow another member?  Stalker?  Fan?  Groupie?  Not that I mind but I'm not sure why I need this feature on a Comic forum.

Let's say you knew of a dealer who often posted awesome comic book wisdom, sometimes sold cool books on the forums, and/or announced events that were important. You might want to follow them to get alerted about their highly valuable posts, OR if you don't want notifications, to simply visit an activity feed every now and then to review all of the content or people you follow to see if anything looks awesome enough to read.

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Not sure if this was on the old website but why would I want to follow another member?  Stalker?  Fan?  Groupie? 

you tell us..., perv. :baiting:

3 hours ago, Architecht said:

Let's say you knew of a dealer who often posted awesome comic book wisdom, sometimes sold cool books on the forums, and/or announced events that were important. You might want to follow them to get alerted about their highly valuable posts, OR if you don't want notifications, to simply visit an activity feed every now and then to review all of the content or people you follow to see if anything looks awesome enough to read.

I am following 2 people and have never received a notification of their awesome posts.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, kav said:

I am following 2 people and have never received a notification of their awesome posts.

Because you have notifications for that stuff off. Go to settings --> notifications --> and scroll down. You are looking for this:  Someone I am following makes a post

1 minute ago, Architecht said:

Because you have notifications for that stuff off. Go to settings --> notifications --> and scroll down. You are looking for this:  Someone I am following makes a post

THX!!  I asked this several times but no one ever answered!

ps we should have a reverse ignore-you get to block people from seeing your awesome posts!!

5 minutes ago, Architecht said:

Oh, that's easy. Just don't post anything. BAM! We don't see it. :headbang:

:sorry:

I noticed it when the new boards first started...some of the ones who were following me were ones who did nothing but give me *spoon* on the old boards...I was thinking "Seriously? You don't have anything better to do?" Maybe they were following me on the old boards and I never noticed? (shrug)

I like the ones following me now though...good customers and people with great insight!