• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do with the label after I crack out of CGC case?

10 posts in this topic

I cracked a CGC comic out of the case. How do I get the CGC serial number removed from the census? Can I just email CGC a picture of the label/serial #? Do I need to mail in the label to CGC?

Thanks,
Jeff

59 minutes ago, jharvey said:

I cracked a CGC comic out of the case. How do I get the CGC serial number removed from the census? Can I just email CGC a picture of the label/serial #? Do I need to mail in the label to CGC?

Thanks,
Jeff

You need to either mail the label to CGC or drop it off with them at a show.

9 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Keep it with the book. (shrug)

Or keep it with a lower graded book.  9_9

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:
10 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Keep it with the book. (shrug)

Or keep it with a lower graded book.  9_9

Naughty lizard2! :smirk:

I always kept mine behind the backing board in the Mylite2. It certainly helped when selling - all the books I sold on Ebay as 'ex-CGC' with pictures of the label sold consistently better than ungraded raws.  Have to say, it never even occurred to me that the labels could / should go back to CGC. Do they actually take the books off of the system then when you do that then?

I don't see the need to return the label if you're keeping the comic.  It still exists in that state, and can be reslabbed at any time.

Early on, I cracked a few books and threw the labels out.  Should've kept it behind the board, but they're not going into a slab again until I go into a slab, so no big deal. :)

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

Naughty lizard2! :smirk:

I always kept mine behind the backing board in the Mylite2. It certainly helped when selling - all the books I sold on Ebay as 'ex-CGC' with pictures of the label sold consistently better than ungraded raws.  Have to say, it never even occurred to me that the labels could / should go back to CGC. Do they actually take the books off of the system then when you do that then?

I've cracked out 200-300 slabs and never sent anything back to CGC - what do I care about their record-keeping?

I do the same thing you do - they are all with the (applicable) books.

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I've cracked out 200-300 slabs and never sent anything back to CGC - what do I care about their record-keeping?

I do the same thing you do - they are all with the (applicable) books.

That's very anti-social of you lizard2. You're definitely my kind of guy.

Here's an old one of mine, long since sold. Now the thought has been raised, this of course means the CGC registry is at least one book out. Should I alert the Tribal Elders?

58cd43556457a_122mjib.thumb.jpg.51a17bcb3743546a99bb2845f25722cc.jpg

126mjib.jpg