• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bernie Wrightson Tribute Page
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Bernie Wrightson Tribute Page

March 18th the comic book community lost of of it's giants.  Bernie Wrightson was widely regarded as the MASTER of the MACABRE.  He co-created the Swamp Thing, his Frankenstein illustration work was iconic, and as a horror illustrator he stands as one of the all-time greats.  His intricate pen and brushes was uncanny.  A true artistic genius.  A monumental artist admired by his peers & other great artists.  He was also one of the kindest and most humble creators one could ever meet.  Our hobby will never be the same without him.  RIP Bernie.

This thread is to celebrate the incredible legacy of the Master.  Please post your Wrightson art, signed comics, and/or

even share a story:

CGC SS DC 100 Page Super Spectacular issue 4 Weird Mystery Tales.JPG

CGC SS House of Secrets 92 Wrightson Wein.JPG

CGC SS Marvels Projects Bernie Wrightson BRIDE.JPG

CGC SS Secrets of Haunted House 5 Wrightson.JPG

CGC SS Swamp Thing 1 Wrightson.JPG

CGC SS Treehouse of Horror 11.JPG

Bernie Wrightson Grimm Reaper.JPG

Bernie Wrightson SWAMP THING illustration.JPG

Bernie Wrightson at TFW.JPG

Edited by Triston Pence

I actually got to meet Mr. Wrightson once!  He was very nice and even tolerated my mindless, gushing fanboy tripe because I was too star struck to know what to say.  I love his artwork and...well, it's all been said before and more eloquently than I could ever hope to be.  Here's some stuff...

0709151616311.jpg

2110141140161.jpgimg613.jpgFF1%20Sketch%20Wrightson.jpgS3O76oUA_011216173935rot.jpeg

Bernie was a "first round draft pick for me.  I did some books for him in my very first round of submissions.  I did a couple more over the years, and I picked up what I could when they became available (Hulk 197). I never got to meet Bernie personally.  It seems like he was an east coast guy. But those that did meet him all say the same thing - classy and wonderful.  He was a giant in the field to me, and he will be missed.

photo_zps3bd9b72b.jpg

IMG00752-20120115-1714.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDE1MTktMjAxMjExMTktMjIyNC5qcG

utf-8BSU1HMDE1MTgtMjAxMjExMTktMjIyNC5qcG

[IMGutf-8BSU1HMDE0MjEtMjAxMjExMDEtMjE1OC5qcG]http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss53/seanfingh/photo_zps7c04de5d.jpg[/IMG]

utf-8BSU1HMDE0MjAtMjAxMjExMDEtMjE1Ny5qcG

utf-8BSU1HMDE0MTktMjAxMjExMDEtMjE1Ni5qcG