• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New booty
1 1

55 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bratevaro said:

New booty

Hi I am new here and was just wondering how does one know if a comic book is worth having it certified? Does it have to be a key comic or have a really high value?

There's many answers for your question.

Is it worth it to you to get it certified? It doesn't have to be a  high dollar book.

Are you planning to keep the book, or are you selling?

Maybe you already know the answer.

A few suggestions...

If you know how to grade comic books, pick up a copy of the Overstreet Price Guide, and that will give you some idea of what your comics are worth in the grade you have them.  If you don't know how to grade, take your comics to a reputable comic shop and they will give you an idea of their grade, and will also recommend whether to have them certified.

The two most important benefits of certification are an expert(s)-assigned grade that just about everyone will accept and an assurance that the book has not had restoration work done to it.  I feel that it is absolutely essential to have any major key book certified primarily for the latter reason...major keys are very valuable and important and therefore are that much more likely to have had restoration work done to them.  Books that are not so valuable or important can still merit certification if they are in particularly high grade...it seems that even Booster Gold in 9.9 would command a decent price.

Ultimately you have to consider whether the cost of certification and shipping will be worth it.  Sending in a mid-grade $50 book is a waste of money.  Generally the more valuable a book is the greater the benefit of having it certified.  Personally I will not consider purchasing a very expensive book that is uncertified, no matter how good the deal may seem.

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

A guy at work contracted a flesh-eating bacteria in his posterior. 

Now he's faced with reconstructive surgery, but he'll soon have a new booty.

A need a button with something more than just like to like that one enough liz. ?

8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

A guy at work contracted a flesh-eating bacteria in his posterior. 

Now he's faced with reconstructive surgery, but he'll soon have a new booty.

You make me dizzy miss Lizzy.:headbang:

9 hours ago, Bratevaro said:

New booty

Hi I am new here and was just wondering how does one know if a comic book is worth having it certified? Does it have to be a key comic or have a really high value?

If you're still with us Bratevaro, don't take any of this to heart. We're a callous bunch when you come in half cocked. I still have the scars from my first roasting.

If you're serious, type the title and issue number of your comic into ebay and that will give you a good starting point to see if what you have is desirable, monetarily or otherwise.

Good luck, hang in there, learn the rules of deportment and all will be well (thumbsu 

9 hours ago, Bratevaro said:

New booty

I think Devo said it best.

Slab that book
No raws in your nook
Step on a slab
Break your momma's ab

When a comic comes along
You must slab it
Before the raw sets out too long
You must slab it
When the comic grade is low
You must slab it

Now slab it
Into plastic
slab it up
Get slab!
Go slab!
Slab ahead
Never crack it
It's not too late
To slab it
Slab it good

When a comic’s torn apart
You must slab it
You will never live it down
Unless you slab it
You must pay away

And slab it

I say slab it
Slab it good
I say slab it
Slab it good

Encap that book
No raws in your nook
Step on a slab
Break your momma's ab

When a comic comes along
You must slab it
Before the raw sets out too long
You must slab it
When the comic grade is low
You must slab it

Now pay it
Into plastic
Pay it up
Shut up
And take my money
Slab ahead
Try to encap it

It's not too late
To slab it
Into shape
Slab it up
Shut up
Take my money!
I’ll pay honey
Try not to crack it
It's not too late
To slab it
Well, slab it good

3 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

If you're still with us Bratevaro, don't take any of this to heart. We're a callous bunch when you come in half cocked. I still have the scars from my first roasting.

If you're serious, type the title and issue number of your comic into ebay and that will give you a good starting point to see if what you have is desirable, monetarily or otherwise.

Good luck, hang in there, learn the rules of deportment and all will be well (thumbsu 

It's true. Back in the olden days of 2008 it was brutal. I remember it well.  The subsequent medication and counselling helped, though.

21 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

What does new booty mean in reference to comics?

He hasn't found the rare 35c variant of 'Shag Me Sideways' #69 has he?